Cyanogen Mod Beta 1 (30-11-2011)

Search This thread

vpnair

Jun 12, 2010
Melbourne
hello

can anyone provide me help with pink screen? already tryed all boot from all partions and no luck...

If SD card install. Use minitool partition wizard to format whole card as as Primary FAT32 partition. Then place automatic installer in My Storage, and open androidinstall.exe first time around to get formatting and partitions, and then open haret.exe after the reboot.

Manual install for me was hit and miss. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Autoinstall works every time.

wajdidoddi

Apr 22, 2011
Delete BatteryStats.bin from the system folder to recalibrate your battery.
[It'd force it to generate a new .bin file which contains the correct settings for your battery]

I've used the bundle as well. Use the same files in the bundle. But replace the androidinstall.tar.gz with the new ext4.tar.gz. Also, replace zImage with the new one [for the root directory]. zImage of the npkinstall folder to be kept the same. Adding on, if you've problem getting the partition right, make sure you format it as PRIMARY and also ext2 format.

Thank's for the reply i've already installed it on my storage but i wonder how to install it in sd card??(i've tried it but it stucks when installing and tells me "can't create block device because he can't find mmcblk1p5: since i've touched it in bundle) so what to do?? :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

hello how can i fix the " google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" problem??

zbzzn

Jan 22, 2011
Installing Beta 2

Hi,

Sorry for the n00bish request but could someone please post a step by step instruction on installing Beta 2 over Beta 1 (My Storage install) with preserving as much data as possible from the Beta 1 install (maybe not the OS settings but at least the installed apps settings)

Thanks,
Buzzy

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
Equally noobish question, does this work on the CDMA version of the omnia 2? Specifically the Verizon i920

0|-| |\|035, 7|-|3 L337 |-|4><0R5
p\/\/|\|3D /\/\'/ 700|\|

Sent from XDA Premium App

eastdust

Mar 16, 2009
Kuching
Hi..im new here can i know what this mean "It assumes that Your My Storage wasn't touched (so it is mmcblk1p5)" before this i've mod using beta 1 version..is it mean untouched My Storage that i need to delete the two partition and format My Storage i use to install beta 1 before??
I've already do the "Automatic installer" but it when i start haret after install..it cant find the "startup.txt" i've follow the "Automatic installer" how to available inside archive...can help me for do the right step (^_^)

Thanks...

0mnia2

Apr 23, 2011
Hi..im new here can i know what this mean "It assumes that Your My Storage wasn't touched (so it is mmcblk1p5)" before this i've mod using beta 1 version..is it mean untouched My Storage that i need to delete the two partition and format My Storage i use to install beta 1 before??
I've already do the "Automatic installer" but it when i start haret after install..it cant find the "startup.txt" i've follow the "Automatic installer" how to available inside archive...can help me for do the right step (^_^)

Thanks...

I got the same problem, but then with: can't find default.txt (if im not mistaking).
Someone said it might be caused by an other system language, than english.

vpnair

Jun 12, 2010
Melbourne
yes..when run haret after installation its cant find "default.txt" my system language is english...

Don't know if this is a good idea, but this is what i did.

I transferred all my installed winmo programs (from My Storage and SD card) to the system,
Backup up all my apps+data from android using My Backup Pro.
Copied over any files I needed from 'My Storage' and 'SD Card' to computer (inc My Backup pro backup files)
Formatted My Storage (and SD Card) to FAT32.
Placed autoinstaller files in My Storage, opened androidinstall.exe first time around to create the SD card partition for android, then ran haret after the reboot.
Ran android and copied backed up apps+data from computer (and restored it).
No problems for me.

eastdust

Mar 16, 2009
Kuching
Don't know if this is a good idea, but this is what i did.

I transferred all my installed winmo programs (from My Storage and SD card) to the system,
Backup up all my apps+data from android using My Backup Pro.
Copied over any files I needed from 'My Storage' and 'SD Card' to computer (inc My Backup pro backup files)
Formatted My Storage (and SD Card) to FAT32.
Placed autoinstaller files in My Storage, opened androidinstall.exe first time around to create the SD card partition for android, then ran haret after the reboot.
Ran android and copied backed up apps+data from computer (and restored it).
No problems for me.

i've try do the installation again..following the readme.txt and what u say here..while installing in progress..i manage to see what i think the problem that hapen to my installation..its say "can't mount sdcard ...mmcblk1p5...no such mmcblk1p5"...so the installation stop...can help me with this "mmcblk1p5" stuff...i've format My Storage and SD Card sveral time and i afraid this can damage My storage and my SD Card...how can i make this "mmcblk1p5" thing?

wajdidoddi

Apr 22, 2011
i've try do the installation again..following the readme.txt and what u say here..while installing in progress..i manage to see what i think the problem that hapen to my installation..its say "can't mount sdcard ...mmcblk1p5...no such mmcblk1p5"...so the installation stop...can help me with this "mmcblk1p5" stuff...i've format My Storage and SD Card sveral time and i afraid this can damage My storage and my SD Card...how can i make this "mmcblk1p5" thing?

i've the same problem i've done every thing possible and yet i had the same "mmcblk1p5" thing. help :confused:

lalinde89

Mar 5, 2011
San Jose
does anyone is having a kind of error in which you try to open an app and it apear a box telling that it has to close it unexpectectely(for example "the application Dropbox (process com.android.dropbox) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.)

that apps where working nice but for no reason they doesnt work now...what can i do??

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
Trying going to menu/settings/applications/manage applications, then find the app that is force closing and try clearing data for that app.

p\/\/|\|3D /\/\'/ 700|\|

hovensy

Jan 22, 2009
Caloocan
Mount of My Storage solved

I successfully installed it manually in SD card
1. format "My Storage" to
a. fat32 14+ gig

2. Format SDcard to
a. fat32 - 1gig
b. ext4 - ~800 MB (remaining in 2gig SD card)
mount ext4.tar.gz on ext4 partition of my SD card then changing mmcblk1p5 to mmcblk0p2 in startup.txt.. run haret.. pink screen then shining android.. done..

I have mounted "My Storage" in storage folder by editing init.rc in root explorer
"mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage" and change to "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage" since I only have 1 partition in My Storage

Thanks devs

Last edited:

l3ong91

May 26, 2010
Singapore
Hi,

Sorry for the n00bish request but could someone please post a step by step instruction on installing Beta 2 over Beta 1 (My Storage install) with preserving as much data as possible from the Beta 1 install (maybe not the OS settings but at least the installed apps settings)

Thanks,
Buzzy

There are tons of backup software in Android Market. Try the one that works for you the best. Then restore back the files and apps after the new beta is installed.

Anyway, you will need to do a clean install for beta 2.

Equally noobish question, does this work on the CDMA version of the omnia 2? Specifically the Verizon i920

p\/\/|\|3D /\/\'/ 700|\|

I have no idea whether it will works on Omnia i920. Most of the users here are i8000 and b7610. Theoretically it should be able to work, but may not fully workable due to some parts and hardware incompatibility/difference.

l3ong91

May 26, 2010
Singapore

Thanks...

Yes...the devs are making a point that if you have not installed any beta before.

To reset to original partition, you can format the My Storage and SD Card under Samsung Settings.

Reactions: eastdust

eastdust

Mar 16, 2009
Kuching
Hi...finally i manage to install and run this froyo beta in my Omnia II...it work perfet (^_^) just sometime the wifi will have problem to turn off or detact the wireless when the phone in sleep mode..i've a question about the MMS...is this beta 2 version MMS working??? ive just recive MMS but when i download its take long time but does not download the attachment..is there a way to fix this MMS problem...i'm fform Malaysia and i'm a DiGi user...thanks..

carlospaco

Oct 24, 2009
Hey Guys,

Mine -MY STORAGE- is a Fat32 primary, there i have put the files for auto installer.
Mine SD card i have format to fat 32 .
I have install it and it has make a partition EXT3 on my sd card off 1024 mb. That i think is right. THEN when i want to start android i get stuck on pink screen.
I have try several changes on my startup, that i put from beta 2manuel install, because there wasn't one in automatic installer, BUT wich is the RIGHT ON, so i can start android on my phone.

Sorry for my English;
Greets

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CYANOGEN MOD BETA 1 FEATURES
    Phone
    WiFi
    GPS (first time slow, next time very fast)
    Data connections (GPRS)
    Sensors (all)
    2D/3D
    MP4/3GP movie play (camera hardware button doesn't work yet)
    Camera in photo (up to 5MP) and movie recording mode (we are working on new driver)
    Bluetooth
    ADB/UMS
    Autobrightness
    it's already rooted

Note1: There is a new parameter to startup.txt (vmalloc=256M), so if You are installing it manually also read README.

Note2: To change clock color go to SpicaGen Mod settings in settings menu.

FROYO BETA 3 FEATURES
    -Phone
    -WiFi
    -GPS (because of another way of loading phone is a bit slower now)
    -Data connections (GPRS)
    -Sensors (all)
    -2D/3D
    -MP4/3GP movie play (camera hardware button doesn't work yet)
    -Camera in photo (up to 5MP) and movie recording mode (it's still not 480p, but works)
    -Bluetooth
    -ADB/UMS
    -Autobrightness
    -It's already rooted

Note1: There is a bug when calling via BT or speaker, when screen goes off, only way to turn it on is finish call.

FROYO BETA 2 FEATURES

- Android 2.2 Froyo compiled from sources with some O2 optimizatios
    - Phone
    - WiFi
    - GPS
    - Data connections (GPRS)
    - Sensors (all)
    - 2D/3D
    - MP4/3GP movie play (camera hardware button doesn't work yet)
    - Camera in photo (up to 5MP) and movie recording mode (it's still not 480p, but works)
    - ADB/UMS
    - it's already rooted

LATEST NEWS & DEVELOPMENT

30.11.2011: CyanogenMod beta 1, update 1. Headset detection (3,5mm jack) update + today's kernel update (incomming call screen appearing fix) in one package. Download here.

30.11.2011: Kernel update. Kernel update contains incomming call screen appearing fix. Now it's instant. Download here.

28.11.2011: CyanogenMod beta 1. Introducing CM beta 1 (based on SpicagenMod 4 from voku). It's very fast, has IMEI working on beta2 phone image, has JIT enabled, I/O speed is increased. For both Americas there is an update script in case of phone not working.

16.11.2011: Froyo beta3, update 1 fix. Update contains kernel which fixes App2SD problem. Download here.

07.11.2011: Froyo beta3, update 1. Update contains following: sensors lib fixes, charging battery fixes, compass calibration caused discharging even when connected to usb, memory bug fix, reserved memory change (GUI should be smoother now), WiFi should connect now faster. Remember to reboot after update, because modules changed. Download here.

18.10.2011: Froyo beta3. Introducing working Bluetooth, autobrightness, phone working for all (IMEI is ok now, signal is much better), boot logo, , some other fixes like: proximity bug when calling, WiFi should obtain DNS addresses and sleep well now, reserved memory for 3D is increased - it should not cause white squares - result is less memory for system, that's why additional swap partition is created and used. Download:

Automatic install package - full install package for external SD. Experimental (not tested, but should work) install for Internal Storage - before using read included README file and make backup. Automatic installer requires 1160MB of SD space.
    Beta2 to beta3 update - update from official beta2 (SD card install only).

20.09.2011: Automatic installer is ready for download. Check main site. Quick howto is available inside archive. It assumes that Your My Storage wasn't touched (so it is mmcblk1p5). You have to use 2GB SD card or bigger. If You already have two partitions eg. from first beta installer (vfat and ext2/3/4), it should only format ext2/3/4 partition and install android. Otherwise it will try to shrink existing fat32 and create new one with ext4.

17.09.2011: Froyo beta2 is ready for download (please check project site for link)! It contains new kernel (2.6.32.9) and many bugs fixed (ie. You don't need call light anymore).

MANUALS & GUIDES (BETA 2)
    Note1: Pink screen at boot
    It's normal because of no logo compiled in. If it's too long (longer than 30s) tap the screen. If this not helps, You probably set wrong partition in startup.txt.

Note2: WiFi
    - There is a bug with WiFi. If it's on and phone go sleep, after wake there is a chance it would not work again. Only fix is to reboot. We suggest to turn off WiFi before suspending phone.
    - Sometimes phone cannot connect to router (it connects, but no DNS addresses). Workaround: in build.prop uncomment following entries:
    Code:
    #net.dns1=8.8.4.4
    #net.dns2=8.8.8.8
    to:
    Code:
    net.dns1=8.8.4.4
    net.dns2=8.8.8.8

Note3: Black screen after call
    There is a bug in a phone call. When call is finished, screen stays black. Workaround is to swipe through proximity sensor

Note4: Automatic installer
    Requires:
    - untouched My Storage with automatic installer content
    - ext4.tar.gz from manual install package
    - at least 2GB SD card (class 6 at least will be enough) with one FAT32 partition or with 2 partitions (FAT32 + ext2/3/4)

Note 5: Manual install
    Example: if You have two partitions on SD card (first vfat, second ext4) You should set in startup.txt following: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2. Full file example for this (do not change anything other, only root device):
    Code:
    Set ramsize 180*1024*1024
    Set mtype 1626
    Set ramaddr 0x50000000
    Set kernelcrc 1
    Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"
    setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1
    pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3
    pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805
    pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7
    pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0
    pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11
    pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80
    boot

Note 6: Internal Storage Installation
    If You want install on My Storage (Internal Storage):
    mmcblk1p5 - by default is My Storage partition (this partition is mounted by default by Android as /storage)
    mmcblk1p6 - by default is hidden partition

You have to resize mmcblk1p5, then create mmcblk1p7 (this will be root device in startup.txt) and format it with ext4.
    Beta3 available.
    Automatic SD card installer available.
    i m sorry. Where can find the updates? 2011-09-17
    damn. when i tried to partition the 2GB My Storage into 1000mb FAT32 and remaining 959mb ext4 (in ubuntu), i got an error when applying in gparted.

And now, all 2GB appears unallocated, and ubuntu cant mount anything. So im stuck. Tried creating a partition under Disk Utility, but it just hangs and doesn't do anything. At the same time, using windows 7, im stuck with 1000mb of FAT32 and 959mb that appears unallocated. Cant do anything to extend or delete the partitions (using disk management). All options are greyed out.

So now winmo can only effectively recognise 1GB of My storage. I effectively reduced my storage in half.

Anyone know what to do?

If gparted is not working for you, then try to re-format or delete all the existing partition on your My Storage using Minitool PArtition Wizard (Do it on Windows instead of Ubuntu).

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I have extracted the ext4.tar to my ext4 partition on omnia 2 (i8000 8gb) as i always do.
    Copied the startup and zimage to my root and changed the startup to reflect my partition. This works perfectly for beta 1
    But all i got with beta 2 was a pink screen, so i waited for 10 minutes and nothing...

So i downloaded the debug zimage to see what's going on.
    I can see it's "jumping to kernel" and then a cursor is blinking for a few seconds and then the screen goes all black.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Did you do the extracting in Ubuntu? And did you set the destination to the correct partition?

First boot it will took some times for the pink screen to disappear, for me it's around 1-2 minutes, before the shiny Android logo pops out.