Siri for galaxy s 2

Search This thread

avidahiya

Feb 3, 2011
Rohtak
As you know i phone recently got a voice assistant named siri can anyone confirm weather or not we are getting something like that for s 2 some app s like vlingo already exist

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ADropBear

Jul 22, 2011
Siri is basically a smarter, more polished version of Vlingo. I don't see what's so revolutionary about a Voice Assistant unless it could like, chat with you when you are feeling lonely and recognize accented English and other languages flawlessly. It could be useful while you are driving, but Vlingo or even the default Google Voice Action would be sufficient for your basic navigation and hands-free calling needs.

Until then, the Voice Assistant is nothing more than a novelty. Maybe within the next decade, we might actually see an actual smart AI.

mshfar

Sep 17, 2011
Then apple will have one more reason to sue Samsung for lol.

It would be great though

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Does vlingo set anyones alarm for them? Because I can't get it to do mine :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

jakoob_cz

Jun 20, 2009
Vlingo is on start line

On my SGS II I'm not able to set alarm too.

I hope that success of iP4s will push Vlingo to move his assistant from beta to more advanced version :)

Reactions: jameslfc5

avidahiya

Feb 3, 2011
Rohtak
I think we won't see anything licensed by Apple anywhere else. If there's something that does the same thing, apple will be firing lawsuits at whoever made it.

But even samsung's default voice assistant is fine maybe we get updates for it in future which makes it more feature rich and polished

avidahiya

Feb 3, 2011
Rohtak
Actually I don't think apple can sue samsung in this case its just a voice assistant been there since a while now of course unless samsung names it siri

avidahiya

Feb 3, 2011
Rohtak
Siri is basically a smarter, more polished version of Vlingo. I don't see what's so revolutionary about a Voice Assistant unless it could like, chat with you when you are feeling lonely and recognize accented English and other languages flawlessly. It could be useful while you are driving, but Vlingo or even the default Google Voice Action would be sufficient for your basic navigation and hands-free calling needs.

Until then, the Voice Assistant is nothing more than a novelty. Maybe within the next decade, we might actually see an actual smart AI.

Any chance samsung updating its voice assistant to siri standards???

Bratag

Apr 1, 2006
Any voice assistant software is pointless unless it

a) is active all the time without the need to press a button etc
b) Doesn't drain the battery by being active all the time.

CarsnGadgets

Sep 1, 2010
Weymouth
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Voice commands and voice talk are great, I use commands quite a lot.
It's based on Vlingo of course, and is much better than just using Google's own voice actions.

But Siri will greatly benefit from being 'hardwired' into all the Apple apps on the 4S.

I don't think we will see that kind of integration on the Galaxy 2S as Vlingo or any other developer cannot program a new voice assistant app that will be able to call upon and interact with every 3rd party email client or camera app etc etc., or anything that isn't vanilla android without spending a lot of time and development with the creators of those apps, and even then, what may work on the SG2 may not on another android phone, and that may put off devs from trying.

I think Siri will be awesome if Apple can get it working as well in day to day situations as it does in the demo videos.

I hope we do get an android equivalent, don't get me wrong, but I think its unlikely.

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Voice Actions is also a pretty nice voice talking app. It's using ALICE AI system, so it can actually talk with you, show you pictures of what you're asking for and so on

Reactions: shishir95

zoro25

Sep 20, 2006
Press your home button twice
No having to say stupid siri

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think we won't see anything licensed by Apple anywhere else. If there's something that does the same thing, apple will be firing lawsuits at whoever made it.
    Any voice assistant software is pointless unless it

a) is active all the time without the need to press a button etc
    b) Doesn't drain the battery by being active all the time.
    Vlingo is on start line

On my SGS II I'm not able to set alarm too.

I hope that success of iP4s will push Vlingo to move his assistant from beta to more advanced version :)
    Voice Actions is also a pretty nice voice talking app. It's using ALICE AI system, so it can actually talk with you, show you pictures of what you're asking for and so on