Official AOSP 2.2 OTA -- [Installable on All Dream/Sapphire] (12/01/2010 PartsB)

Search This thread

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
hey, will there ever be a Test4?

possible to import t mobile theme engine or opengl es 1.1

and updates here and there, with your newer kernel already in it? :):D

Test4 will happen if t-mobile releases a froyo ota updating the current MT3G official rom.

Otherwise you are looking for a diffrent rom.. and most of what you are asking about is the goals of ezgingerbread.

(FYI if you install Test-3 via rom manager it will install the 20110222 kernel automatically.)

bluefender

Jun 30, 2010
wales
Redmi Note 9 Pro
flashable transparent status bar possible so i could have a seamless looking screen
with wallpaper i have, but be able to see signal battery icons etc plzzz

Last edited:

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
So to flash this rom can i have the dangers spl 1.33.2005 and radio 2.22.23.02?
Just making sure.. but first I would have to get the kernel.. correct?

And I would flash it like this...

fastboot flash zip mt3g-test3.zip

How would I flash the kernel through fastboot?

Sorry I'm a still new to fastboot. Thanks!

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
You flash it in recovery. Not fastboot

Ohh fail.. Sorry but can I use the 2.22.23.02 radio with danger spl?

edit: Nevermind got it to work with that radio..

One question though? How's the battery life on this rom? For me 15 hours is good! With minimal internet browsing, taking pictures and heavy texting. Some calling as well.. Will it last me that long?

Last edited:

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
Update: My battery seems to be doing horrible.. In a matter of 10 minutes the battery drains to 90%. I watched youtube videos for 20 minutes and now my battery went down to 36%...Could this be a sign I need to purchase a new battery?

edit: my battery was very swollen.. about to burst. I threw it out and i'm waiting for my new battery to come in! Can't wait to test this rom with my new battery :)

Last edited:

arsonist63086

Aug 12, 2010
los angeles
Yes everything works nice and smoothly had it on my g1 and curently the rom on my brothers mytouch3g and everything works.. as for theams go I don't know

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Reactions: Maxamillion

arsonist63086

Aug 12, 2010
los angeles
thanks for the quick reply dude. do you remember if the camera/camcorder quality good?

Well as good as u can get with a 3mp camera :-D ... but this rom is as stable as a stock rom because it is pretty much stock and a oc kernel of a bit over 600mhz that can be used with a cpu controler like set cpu , nofrills cpu(free on market)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Reactions: Maxamillion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a flash image for the dream of the MT3G ASOP (T-mobile OTA) 2.2 release. Including the most recent security update!!!

[SIZE=+2]MT3G-test3_S.zip[/SIZE]
    (MD5: efff33db482ea3b6da3b247516be6a7f .. last updated 11/21/2010)

Please note this includes my 20101106 - 2708 ported kernel, for those requiring other kernels see addons

Requires:

* [Size=+2]1.33.0013d or 1.33.0013 SPLs with recommend 2.22.28.25 radio[/size]
    (32b devices only) details on this post..
    If you refuse to upgrade or can't upgrade because you have a 32a (1.2 or classic) device: you will need an alternative kernel as described in step 4.b 4.c or the phone will not boot
    Note: 2.22.27.08 will also work but is not how the ota was shipped

* Uesrs of other SPLs can either use Danger (dream only), any sapphire SPL on the magic/sapphire/MT3G or alternatively Custom MTD I recommend "87 2" (system/cache) {as of test3 06bindcache will work if you install the parts package, thus if you use CustomMTD parts is mandatory to avoid market issues}

To install:

1) Wipe with 'fastboot erase system -w' (A no-wipe upgrade from test-2 will probably work)
    2) flash MT3G-test3_S.zip
    3) You will be prompted if you wish to install AmazonMP3 (answer yes/no)
    4) You will be prompted if you want to set gprsclass set to 12 (you probably wish to answer yes)
    4.b) If you have a 32a or 32a 1.2 magic install the ebi1, ebi0 kernel respectively from here: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    4.c) If you have a 32b dream/sapphire without the new 2708 spl/radio install the ebi0 kernel if your radio starts with 2.22, or the ebi1 radio if it starts with 3.22 here: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    5) Optional flash "DroidX keyboard" add-on
    6) Optional flash "parts" add-on

Alternatively the rom is now available in RomManager; and will install the rom and correct version of the 20110222 kernel; also will allow you to choose between the components parts, droidX keyboard, and language packs.

Whats included:

1) su/superuser from CM6
    2) my cm6 optimized pershoot based kernel described here
    3) wifi working
    4) bluetooth working (fixed inv2)
    5) keyboard working (fixed in v2)
    6) Rom contains English/Spanish only (Other languages available as language pack addons)
    7) No sim card required (fixed with v2 market fix)

Many additional packages included in the parts addon.

To see information on the original Test2 release vist This Post

What not working:

* CM6 potential USB power issue (its not horrible on 2.6.34.7 but if you notice it reboot, or plug in a wall adapter)
    * Sound Recorder shortcut missing, this looks like a bug in the OTA not the port a workaround

What to do if it bootloops

Before posting that the rom will not boot; please verify the following:

1) Check that if you don't have the newest radio SPLs *OR* don't have a 32B phone; that you install the correct kernel as mentioned in step 4b/4c in the installation instructions
    2) Please use Super Wipe immediately before installing (ie. flash super wipe; restart back to recovery; then install the rom)
    3) If you did not install it; install partsB; this will fix some date related bootloops that happens after flashing some of the radios. (after you can login and set the date correctly feel free to re-install without parts if you really don't want it)
    4) If your phone is still bootlooping; after a clean install make sure you run 'adb logcat > logcat.txt' on your computer just after rebooting into the rom. Then paste the logcat contents into pastebin copying the link to this thread.

This may sound overkill but its the easiest way to make sure its not your error during install.

Addons

A|| Kernels:

The set of kernels used with this rom can be found: http://goo.gl/qFJO
    > MT3G 1.2 (fender users) please use the EBI0 kernel
    > 32A magic users (and rogers dreams who have not updated to a 2708 radio) please use the EBI1 port
    > Dream/Sapphire users with older EBI0 radios may also use the EBI0 kernel with this rom.

B|| Parts Add On:

MT3G-test3-partsB_S.zip
    MD5: 58b80345db33c95a92f9be77ee67cc43 (update 12/01/2010)
    What is it you ask.. It adds support for many things on top of the base rom

(note if you are upgrading from the original Test3-parts this is a no-wipe update)

1) Add support for init.d scripts
    2) Add support for 'adb remount'
    3) Add support for live wallpapers (apk kanged from CM nightly 238, and odex by myself)
    4) Add busybox in a squashfs (binaries kanged form CM nightly 238; and repacked since I didn't want all of them) Note test3-partsB restores the toolbox netstat link to correctly display netstat information again.
    5) Add LWP fix (fixes various 3D) via init.rc permissions (based on firerats work) updated in test3-partsB to fix slow performance in many games.
    6) Added fix_permissions script (this one kanged from biffmod 2.1)
    7) Load ipv6 on boot
    8) apn list from CM238 nightly (new for test3)
    9) flash_image from CM238 nightly (new for test3)
    10) date verification; if year is < 2010 set the date to a more recent date (prevents initial boot boot loops for some users) added in test3-partsB
    11) And Last but not least:
    Added "Froyo Parts" apk custom menu interface to (this is my work k, thanks.. but certainty has ideas from pre-eclair apps2sd and firerats scripts):

internal -> /sd-ext
    a. dex2sd (/data/dalvik-cache)
    b. data2sd (/data/data)
    c. apps2sd (/data/app & /data/app-private)
    d. Keep Home in Ram (thanks to raven_raven's idea) [new test3]
    e. Compcache 18MB (based of CM's script) [new test3]
    f. Restrict /dev/hw3dc most games run better with this disabled; however some work better with it enabled (no reboot required) added in test3-partsB

Check the one or more to gain additional space; allow the app root permissions and reboot; the files will be moved accordingly.

All options only apply on next reboot, so if you make a mistake just revert

Previous 11/21/2010 version
    MT3G-test3-parts_S.zip
    MD5: 199475ba609396114049adbe196d571a

C|| DroidX Multi Touch Keyboard:

A new addon for those that like the DroidX Multi Touch Keyboard.
    Thanks to RoyalKnight6190 for the biffmod port this is based on and in turn punk.kaos for the version that works on your phones

This is odexed to save data space and WILL replace the default keyboard

MT3G-test3-DroidX-kaosfix-v3_S.zip
    MD5: 5f7f7cf54f8224976be173dca9543c57 .. last updated 11/21/2010

D|| Themes:

* See shadowch31's True Blue Theme:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=856165

* Also roalex's OTA Gingerbread (for froyo):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9686189&postcount=1440
    (enough work it could be its own rom so do check it out)

* sisterchick's Themes for OTA
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9894072&postcount=1567 - Blue Revo Theme
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9944245&postcount=1586 - Peppermint Twist
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9955951&postcount=1590 - Orange Slice/Green Revo/Grape Jelly

* Simple Black Bar
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9771131&postcount=1493
    A simple black status bar mostly intended to aid others in porting dark status bar themes; but can of course be used on its own.

* castaway1 x10 bar style
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10328491&postcount=1647
    Note: The clock will be black on black unless you flash the "Simple Black Bar" theme with white clock followed by this themed status bar.

E|| Lang Packs:

Non-supported language starter packs
    see this post (update 12/11/2010)
    These are for test3 only and provide the options to add [fr,pl,de] or [ja,zh] or [it,ru,nb] or [cs,ko,tr] to the existing en,es rom.

F|| Disable Menu Unlock:

No this is not a bug fix; the Rom has a feature coded in to allow the menu key to unlock the screen as could be done on the phone before the update.

However for those that don't like this feature here is a hacked version of the framework to disable the menu unlock, and enable the "H" notification.

MT3G-test3-disabelMenuUnlock_S.zip
    MD5 SUM: 897bf28ee97db05395935f0e29b20967

Please note this will not work with the language packs or themes (of course a theme or custom language pack may include this functionality)

G|| Kernel Updates:

An update to the included 20101106 (and related 20101031) kernels can be found:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11565574&postcount=670

Simply flash the kernel update.zip matching your configuration

FAQ:

* Installing Titanium + Root Fails: You require BusyBox for Titanium to work; this can be installed via You can either install the parts package or install via titanium its self
    * I need ipv6 loaded on boot to run goggles or other app: This is included in the parts package; if you wish not to use the parts package see this trick
    * adb remount doesn't work and this rom doesn't have root.. yes 'adb remount' fails because this is a stock rom.. however NO just because that fails doesn't mean there is no root. see this post in short modify /system in recovery its safer than adb remount anyway. Also ADB remount has been added to the parts package
    * I want to revert from the DroidX keyboard to stock: re-flash test-3 followed by parts if you flashed parts. (do not wipe)

(In short if you are having issues with advanced features try out the parts package ;) )

Note:

This is only a quick hack of the official MT3G rom; please don't expect me to make major changes to it (If I'm doing that I'll build from ASOP source)

(Changes: version 2 fixes bluetooth and the keyboard + audio levels for dream + removes OTA key so it won't ask for any future updates)
    (Changes: Market-fix; applies the updated files from the OTA fix; in addition to allowing you to signon [or skip signon] without a simcard)
    (Changes: Test-3 parts improvements + security update included)
    I have ported (some copy pastes, some injects,etc :D) Ginger Bits to this rom:
    Launcher(made to work on Froyo by the modaco ppl)&Keyboard are from the SDK, framework and a few application themed.

REQ: 87 MB on /system

howto:

1.flash test3
    2.flash parts
    3.flash mytheme

Download:

OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip md5:93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619

Credits:
    Krispy for the metamorph
    studjuice - for the metamorph
    Daneshm90 for making "Theme Porter"
    Daneshm90 Apk Manager
    Launcher-MoDacO
    Ohsaka colorChange.jar
    Google for the VM SDK png's ? :p

Updates:

-Thanks to Terry we have a IME fix, on the odd output over the keypad
    NoWipe Update here

Also replaced in the main file.
    Gingerbread Theme French, German, Polish Language Pack

FYI all (non-themed) language packs updated also:

Woah the Gingerbread theme is so damn awesome, but there is one problem ;) it doesn't work with the langpack, if i flash the theme after the langpack everything is english, and if i flash the langpack as last the theme isn't available :-(. Any solution?

Here is a language pack to overly roalex's Gingerbread theme http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9686189&postcount=1440

YOu probably do not need to wipe if you are already running this rom, but it is wise to reflash the rom:

[size=+2]
    1) Flash MT3G-test3_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: efff33db482ea3b6da3b247516be6a7f[/size]
    2) Flash MT3G-test3-partsB_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 58b80345db33c95a92f9be77ee67cc43[/size]
    3) Flash OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619[/size]
    4) Flash MT3G-test3-gingerbread-ex1.3_fr_pl_de_S.zip
    [size=-1]MD5: 2fbf18fa25a4a5e7f8e20a146a04c32b[/size]
    [/SIZE]

If you are not using the 2708+ kernel (or are trying a different kernel) remember to also flash the EB0/EBI1 kernel of your choice before booting.

Thanks to roalex for making the theme (OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip) I just applied my language pack scripts to it.

Oh.. and note the Gingerbread Keyboard supports all the languages of this port :)
    --

mirror OA22OTA-Gingerbread-Theme.zip 93887ac62ce5f87dcd3b1b8906720619 (hopefully not needed)
    The most stable & fastest Froyo Rom, I underestimated it, i thought it was going to be slow & lag a lot. But daamn! ezTerry, you did one hell of a job. Much appreciated!

You can thank Google's asop code for the speed.

The T-Mobile odexs help keep the data contained (you can do a bit better with a small as possible system and no extra apps using custom mtd, but its not realistic for everyone to set up.)
    Goggle goggles works! You just have to type in this:
    Code:
    modprobe ipv6
    in terminal and Goggles work like a charm! Maybe ezterry would like to add this little helpful piece of info to OP ;). Credits to NLJ for informing me about this way.

Ah, there is another one. There is a way to succesfully keep launcher in memory (I don't know how long it works, but I think you have to redo it after launcher is killed). Open terminal and type:
    Code:
    $ su
    # echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
    # reboot

Works great!