[MOD][GUIDE] mClock Skins | Updated 22 Dec

Search This thread

eu4ria

Jun 23, 2011
Edmonton
Possibly a path issue, check the xml file and look to see where it is loading the background from, then check that location and see if the file is there.

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Maybe a dumb question... but whenever I load a xml file, I don't get the background. The text/font/layout all change, but there's a transparent background. Why is this? Am I supposed to use some other widget to add a bg?

Read this:
If the background of a clock doesn't show up, you have a path problem. Probably 99% of the themes in this thread assume to be in /sdcard/mClock/*folder of theme*/. This path is case sensitive, so it has to be mClock and not mclock, MCLOCK or whatever. If your phone has internal flash space, the mentioned path points to that and not the external sdcard. This is because the sdcard in the mentioned path is only the mountpoint (where the system makes the data available to the apps) and that can point wherever the maker of your phone/kernel/system wants it to. If you have this kind of phone, put the mClock folder in your internal space and you're good. If you have to have it on your external SD card, you'll have to change the patch in the xml files to point to /sdcard/external_sd/mClock/*folder of theme*/ (at least on the SGS2 it is this way, don't know how htc or moto do it). If you have to ask how to do this, just put the mClock folder in the internal space and save yourself the trouble for the future.

E

E.Cadro

Using the canvas method that you used I was also able to do my original intended method of two fonts over layed on each other. Thanks

I did this clock with Chrono and used lcd font

snap20111028204108.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to make it in a mClock style when I got home today but yours is way better. Awesome job. ;)

kalos

Nov 20, 2008
Sicily
Possible to add a 0 and shift the 3 over so it's formatted correctly? Adding a : would be nice too.

20111027154558.jpg

I hope you like it.
4 versions

12h format with dots
12h format no dots
24h format with dots
24h format with dots

choose the xml file you want

hello (sorry for my english) :)

Attachments

• Suave.zip
    88 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:

millbean

Feb 18, 2009
Tape mClock Skin

tape_mclock_skin_by_chrisbanks2-d4dhsfx.jpg

Got bored of job searching, so decided to have a little play on Photoshop.

The .zip contains the two style of Tapeclocks shown, both with the option of a background of your choice, shown down the left.
The TxClck Style is the clock on the left, the Simple Style is the clock on the Right.

Credits:
•The image came from ScotchTape Mod for CAD by kingdomsephiroth
•The xml for the TxClck Style came from here, hence the name.

As there are a fer few variations, and I haven't tested them all, so its likely I have slipped up with a name or two somewhere, if so please let know so they can be fixed.
Check out my DeviantArt for full instructions and a link to a .PSD template.

Quite a good post for my 100th I think :)

Enjoy.

how do we get this mclock to work ?

Reactions: datt-bo

th3taman

Jan 20, 2008
Indy
GreyDay Alt Version

3qJBdl.png

All work and original credit goes to metalfangs.

Hopefully he doesn't mind, but I updated the xml files to switch the day and month. I also made the clock 12 hours. Both are more typical, in the US. Everything else in the ZIP is the original work provided by metalfangs. I thought about just adding the updated ZIPs, but figured some may get confused.

Also, not quite sure what the difference between the two versions is?

Thanks metalfangs for your contribution to mClock! :D

Attachments

• GreyDay_Alt.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,028

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
Look for this line in the XML file:

Code:
<UniformGrid  Font+"/sdcard/mClock/gloozy/
fonts/Caviar Dreams.ttf"
Foreground="ff9008, #ffffff"
Fontsize="19" [B]left="-130"[/B] top="-108"

This is in the UniformGrid line. You need to change this:

Code:
left="-130"

To this

Code:
left="-124"

Then Save and Exit.

Thank you! 120ish did the trick.

Transmission sent from a Galaxy S II with XDA Premium

anbinhv

Sep 27, 2009
Hanoi
I tried to resize the background.png to fit my qhd screen but it still apear small as before, is there any tutorial to resize a mclock widget for wvga to fit qhd screen???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mFbNR.jpg

I decided to make a complete pack of all my 'Rework' mClock skins.
    This will probably be the last time I use this .psd and style as I think its time to put it to rest.

I have made a few modifications from the previous versions, tidied up a few things and added some colour for those who want it.
    The small and wide style should now fit 3x1 and 4X1 widgets respectively, so no more edges being cropped!

If you have any of the previous versions I suggest deleting them before using this. (Unless you really like the shadows on the older versions)

How to:
    • Install mClock from the market.
    • Create a folder in the root of your SD card called 'mClock'.
    • Extract the .zip content into this folder.
    • Add mClock widget on your homescreen.
    • Hit "Xml Template" in the mClock settings.
    • go to /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/ and select the folder and then .xml file of desired style.

Download from attached, or DA.

Before asking for help, please make sure that you are using the correct path that is: /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/...

Enjoy folks!
    Tape mClock Skin

tape_mclock_skin_by_chrisbanks2-d4dhsfx.jpg

Got bored of job searching, so decided to have a little play on Photoshop.

The .zip contains the two style of Tapeclocks shown, both with the option of a background of your choice, shown down the left.
    The TxClck Style is the clock on the left, the Simple Style is the clock on the Right.

Credits:
    •The image came from ScotchTape Mod for CAD by kingdomsephiroth
    •The xml for the TxClck Style came from here, hence the name.

As there are a fer few variations, and I haven't tested them all, so its likely I have slipped up with a name or two somewhere, if so please let know so they can be fixed.
    Check out my DeviantArt for full instructions and a link to a .PSD template.

Quite a good post for my 100th I think :)

Enjoy.
    As promised above, here's some stuff to use with mClock..

As I said too, it's not totally my work.. some of the png's are, some xml come from other talented members here (sorry guys, I cannot remember your names.. :eek: )

All you have to do is :

- download and open the attached zip
    - extract various templates mclock file to the root of your sd card.

Follow this 2 simple rules above. I've edited and check each xml file, they all work fine.

And now friends, have fun :D
    (I won't mind if you click thanks for the time spent packing / editing all of this ;) )
    Mire

mire___mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4blbje.jpg

Mirrored Here

For the ones who love it :D
    I made a slightly bigger clock, compared to gloozy :

MI-GENIE :

mi_genie__mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4b0091.jpg

Click Click