Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [06-Nov-11][ROM][GSM][CWM] AF9…
2nd November 2011, 02:32 AM
OP Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,908

More
[06-Nov-11][ROM][GSM][CWM] AF974-XWJQ3-V.1.3.0 [KERNEL: Overcome v.4.0.0]
DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible in any case if using this firmware will damage your Tab.

Rom Description:

- Based on firmware P1000XWJQ3 Android 2.35
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Rooted
- Updated Gmail, Maps, Market, Youtube to the latest versions
- Init.d tweaks
- Build.prop tweaks
- Add
AppExtractor
- Removed Samsung Animation, Samsung boot sound

Installation:

If you come from an Overcome rom then just copy the .zip file into your sd card, put your tab into recovery mode and flash it as usual.

If you come from another rom then go to www.teamovercome.net, download last kernel in .tar format, put your tab into download mode and flash the kernel.
Reboot your tab and let it to finish the conversion process.Once it end, put your tab into recovery and flash the .zip previously copied to your sd card.

To avoid any problem:
Go to recovery/storage menu
mount /system and format /system
go back and install the .zip

Credits and thanks.

Cromed for battery percent
Alterbridge86 for his Kernel and a couple of tips
Przekret for providing link to original rom
Awjones for appextractor
Samfirmware
Google
Samsung

Note:

I did not mod any visual aspect of the rom so do not ask for screenshots, it is the same as any other stock rom with the same TouchWiz 4.0 Launcher.

I know that someone will ask for difference between this and other roms, well, this is a stock rom with some performance tweaks, at my personal taste it is pretty smooth and this won't be compared to the great Overcome roms speaking of visual enanchments and other tweaks.

For some reasons CSC is different in this new version than in older JQ1, i didn't have problems but in case let me know.

V.1.3.0 ScreenShots:

Download:

AF974-JQ3-v.1.3.0-No-Wipe

AF974-JQ3-v.1.3.0-Wipe

Old Releases:

GTP1000-JQ3-V.1.1.0

GTP1000-JQ3-V.1.2.0 thanks to Cromed

Addon:

removed

XMFJQ3 Modem Thanks to DarkPal for CWM script

ChangeLogs:

Post #3

Fixes:
Possible reboot issue solved here , thanks to Daniel.weck, give it a try if you have reboot problem.

For who is having problem with new market, here is the old 3.2.

You will not find a donate button ever cause i do this for fun and to give people who use the same phone as me more selection, just hit the thanks button and leave feedback.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to af974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift af974 Ad-Free