[ROM][WIP][ANDROID 4.0][ICS] ICS Sandwich SDK Port [11/2/11]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

allmasteraa

Mar 7, 2011
--ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE IS IN NO WAY MY FAULT--
--MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE HAND IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG--

So since Ice Cream Sandwich just came out and alot of people(including me) don't want to wait for it, I decided to go ahead and try to port it from the resources I have. This is in no way a daily rom. ScreenShots attached. Right now all you can do is unlock it and pull up menus. You might be able to get into settings if you are lucky, but yea.

WORKS:
-The keyboard but the mappings are off
-The menu and back button
-Screen off on

DOESN'T WORK:
-Touchscreen
-Anything that wasn't listed above

Download Link:
http://min.us/mzbn3Qtul

Please feel free if you have comments, suggestions, or if you would like to help in any way to pm me.

Thank you!

Video thanks to qbking77:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvHl4S1PN0

The "Team"(I guess? as of now):
-allmasteraa(me)
-xboxfanj
-bxfxf(kernel, +)

Attachments

• 100_0024.jpg
    100_0024.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5,633
  • 100_0025.jpg
    100_0025.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 5,510
Last edited:

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Dead ass!!...this is the best news out for the epic right now...I wasn't even optimistic for a port...but I'm downloading and testing this out right now...hitting that thanks button!!!

Sent from my rooted, suited, & booted Epic 4G #knowdat!

allmasteraa

Mar 7, 2011
Dead ass!!...this is the best news out for the epic right now...I wasn't even optimistic for a port...but I'm downloading and testing this out right now...hitting that thanks button!!!

Dang that was quick. Hope it does you well I haven't had time to mess with it cus its my daily phone so yea.

Reactions: duce102

Ultro

Apr 15, 2011
Whoa! I wasn't half expecting the Epic would get any of this, at least not yet. Here's hoping it gets the treatment I've seen on the Nexus ICS SDK. Those videos get better and better.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Amazing! I can't wait to see how far you guys can take this, especially when source comes out!

Great job allmasteraa and xboxfanj!

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Dang that was quick. Hope it does you well I haven't had time to mess with it cus its my daily phone so yea.

Wow the touchscreen doesn't work...so how do you navigate?, ill have to wait till this weekend myself then...and ill have a video up on youtube to give the curious crowd a look at it...although that's primarily QBking77's department...ill see what he has to say when he see's this

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Wow the touchscreen doesn't work...so how do you navigate?, ill have to wait till this weekend myself then...and ill have a video up on youtube to give the curious crowd a look at it...although that's primarily QBking77's department...ill see what he has to say when he see's this

Feel free :)

I'm making one as we speak!

Reactions: tony45x220

rulyskull

Mar 6, 2010
Damn good to see the epic with a comeback kick in the face

sent from my, ya know cm7 epic

jamice4u

Thank you for giving us ICS.

This is really good news. I take it as they make more progress with Cyanogenmod they will make progress with this Rom too right? I am all out of thanks today expect a thank you later on tonight when I have more thanks to share. Great news and thank you again for all of your hard work.

I am going to go to Lucky's and buy me an ICS right now and buy myself a gingerbread lattie at starbucks. Then later when you get more things fixed with this rom I will flash this bad boy. Cyanogenmod should work on this after they are done with the gingerbread port.

Last edited:

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
This is really good news. I take it as they make more progress with Cyanogenmod they will make progress with this Rom too right? I am all out of thanks today expect some love later tonight when I have more thanks to share. Great news thank you for all of your hard work.

I am going to go to Lucky's and buy me an ICS right now. Then later when you get more things fixed with this rom I will flash this bad boy. Cyanogenmod should work on this after they are done with the gingerbread port.

Ahh unfortunately they won't. Most major devs and developer projects don't go after SDK ports not just ours in specific, they're too broken to fully benefit anything as of now but in the future with source it could prove beneficial. But I'm with you on that though.

@Xboxfanj and Allmasteraa: You guys have 14 key different keylayout files within \system\usr\keylayout and none of them wholely match the Epic save for two perhaps. So your key placing issues can lie within that. Also, in most cases the files within \system\usr\keychars are .kcm.bin in most of the instances I've seen them and edited them, the ones lying within this build are just .kcm so that can be an issue also but a fix too. I just thought I could let you know so it could be of some help to you. Not going to flash this just yet, or anything for that matter since I've a need for some stability, but just wanted to help where I thought I may be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    --ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE IS IN NO WAY MY FAULT--
    --MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE HAND IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG--

So since Ice Cream Sandwich just came out and alot of people(including me) don't want to wait for it, I decided to go ahead and try to port it from the resources I have. This is in no way a daily rom. ScreenShots attached. Right now all you can do is unlock it and pull up menus. You might be able to get into settings if you are lucky, but yea.

WORKS:
    -The keyboard but the mappings are off
    -The menu and back button
    -Screen off on

DOESN'T WORK:
    -Touchscreen
    -Anything that wasn't listed above

Download Link:
    http://min.us/mzbn3Qtul

Please feel free if you have comments, suggestions, or if you would like to help in any way to pm me.

Thank you!

Video thanks to qbking77:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvHl4S1PN0

The "Team"(I guess? as of now):
    -allmasteraa(me)
    -xboxfanj
    -bxfxf(kernel, +)
    Alright guys, enough off topic. I have cleaned the thread now. Lets stay on topic and not flame each other. If you have an issue, report the post.

FWIW, broseph of the never sleeping, constantly flashing, delusional perverted mobile community.

I'd like to note that user usagi111's post[which can be found here: thisrightherebr0 is an ill attempt to undermine the credence of the users/developers who have thrown countless hours into a project which has brought new life to an EOL device.

I find it a bit unnerving that such ignorance of HOW and WHY something is done in this _developlement_ community can be forced to NOT be flamed to highest merit of douchery.

It's within that douchery/ego that we find the cusp of our own satisfaction.

Note, that I don't consider a "****. You." a proper response to such an ignorant attempt to essentially flame a group of developers work based on ignorance.

But I do see where it stems, and which is why I find it odd that you've left his post up and deleted the rest.

Note that this is a public response in reason to further educate the userbase of this development community.
    i want to preface this with a sincere "thanks for all the hard work you devs have done and continue to do for the epic/android community!"

sorry to be asking the same question again... but is this being dropped and are all hopes of ICS on the Epic resting on the shoulders of CyanogenMod? is the touchscreen still being a roadblock?

not to take away anything from the efforts of the Epic CM Team, but it is nice to have choices. i, and i hope others as well, am really hoping for a "vanilla" ICS port for the epic. i like my keyboard, and don't want to have to give that up for a nexus just to get ICS.

just looks like there is nothing happening. maybe that is just my misconception, but the first post has not been updated in a long time. wish i had the programming know-how to help out with this endeavor, but i don't, more of a hardware man myself.

There are some things id personally rather not say yet until later because I don't want to release a bad build, but I also dont want people hounding me to release a build, so I'm not gonna say exactly. Just know this, there is still progress made and just recently a pretty huge advancement made recently.

I'm letting you guys know that and that only.

Sorry for the huge tease, but I don't want to deliver empty promises and I know that xda users can get angry (and when dr evil gets angry, mr bigglesworth gets upset and when mr bigglesworth gets upset, people die). Whoa there. Sorry for the lame austin powers reference. Not a death threat.

I'm posting this so you don't think we forgot about you.

When/if i/we get a few more things working, I'll let you know and may show you instead of only telling.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    You guys should really just start over with the version at sgs2ics.com as the base. Their touchscreen works.

Sent with Galaxy S II EPIC Starburst Touch

As a natural basis, we're closer to the NS4G than anything else other than the fascinate which we wrongfully thought worked on the same touchscreen drivers. We basically have to gerrywrig(I know I spelt that wrong haha) our kernel into doing Olympic leaps blindfolded with an oompa loompa on it's back while humming the star wars opening scene theme song breathing like darth vader reading Shakespeare while base jumping from the empire state building without a parachute (lmao) for it to read more than two finger touch. And that kinda explains my frustration with this. Luckily if we ever get touch working with our own kernel, ICS has in it's own kernel support for our processor which is good in an ideal worlld. But lol kernel development on our phone in particular is fun but it's kinda infinite loopish when you're looking for similarities within our kernels to others.

Sent from my Epic 4G
    Guys it looks like the cm9 team is moving pretty nicely, so don't be pissed at me if I don't release this. It does exist and I'm not lying to you, but they may release it by the time I get stuff working in this build.

Edit: looks like the cm team got wifi working. Now I know I can steal their commits for that, but I think it'd be best for all of us to wait til their release.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk