Need some testers for ROM...

Search This thread

chunology

Jan 6, 2011
Screenshots and Initial Impressions

I was lucky enough to be selected to test this ROM. Thank you again, Calkulin, for allowing me to be one of your testers!

Here are my screens along with initial impressions:

Home Screen
OY76y.png

You'll notice that this is a modified touchwiz launcher, the dock has been modified to fit 5 icons. 4/5 icons are customizable, the fifth icon (app) is NOT. I find this incredibly sexy as I love the touchwiz launcher and was always wondering if there was a way to fit the fifth icon into the dock; AFAIK, this was not possible on the stock TW Launcher. Notification icons are bright and colorful.

The main screen itself is a standard 4x4 grid.

For those of you who are not fans of TW Launcher, the ROM also has LauncherPro pre-installed.

App Drawer
IWkxq.png

The App Drawer got the same lovin' the dock did.. 5x5 for maximum real estate. The only reason why I would use a non-tw launcher was to get 5x5.

Notification Bar
XzleT.png

Sleek, sexy, transparent. I'll let the screen speak for itself.

Performance
Mo0wI.png

I know Quadrant scores don't mean much but a lot of people will probably be asking for them so here it is. I have the CPU clocked at the standard 1.2GHZ but am undervolted using these specs: 200/825 500/850 800/975 1000/1075 1200/1175 1400/1300 1600/1450. I haven't done anything to the GPU.

The ROM came with LoStKernel 1.0.0.8 installed. It's the kernel I was running on my old ROM and it has been very stable. (I installed it the day it was released).

This ROM seems blazing fast, apps open and close with ease and everything is buttery smooth. I have tested everything except for bluetooth but I can confirm that wifi, 3g, 4g are all working. GPS locks in seconds.

But wait.... there's one more thing
GV9gF.png

For those of you who have been asking for the HTC keyboard it has been ported over to this ROM. Word suggestions and custom dictionary are all there as well as customizable swipe gestures.

All in all a very good ROM - will probably contend with both ViperROM and Starburst as those are the two more popular ROMs out for this device right now. Will report back after 24 hours with more impressions (i.e., battery life, stability, bluetooth, etc)

Last edited:

ewalk4866

Aug 13, 2010
chicago
so I also got to be one of the lucky ones to test this rom and man is it fast and very smooth. One of the nicest roms out there right now. Calkulin really out did him self this time.

siptang

Oct 30, 2008
Forrt Lauderdale
Calk is definitely a well known chef. I have been using his rom since touch diamond win mo days.

Test driving the rom for several hours now.
Besides few minor details, all is well. Rom is very snappy and I expect nothing less from calkulin.

clamknuckle

Nov 12, 2007
Sweet ass. I used to use Caulkins WinMo roms, and on the EVO. Can't wait for the epic touch ones.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I was lucky enough to be selected to test this ROM. Thank you again, Calkulin, for allowing me to be one of your testers!

All in all a very good ROM - will probably contend with both ViperROM and Starburst as those are the two more popular ROMs out for this device right now. Will report back after 24 hours with more impressions (i.e., battery life, stability, bluetooth, etc)

Yes he speaks the truth... I too was lucky enough to test another Caulkin creation and its as good as all his others.. I had little issue with the kernel at first but we took care of that... Thanks again Caulkin

ilostmypistons

Jan 25, 2011
McHenry Il
I was one of the lucky ones and I can tell you people that this is a nice ROM. Still going through it but so far its a beauty

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

vandizzam

Sep 22, 2010
Great rom. Fast and really clean. Dont know if its my eyes deceiving me but things look much cleaner and less pixilated than stock. My wifi did disconnectand was scanning forever. This has happened in other roms and the only fix was resetting my router. Worked heres as well. Open pages in overview is on by default. Took me a while to figure that out. Unchecked is so much better for my eyes. Thats about it for now.

Last edited:

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Plano,TX
Super fast Super Smooth ROM

I have been running it for a few hours now, very very good battery life. Like the transparent notification pull down. Like the notification icons he has used. Bluetooth, wifi every thing connects fast. Used online radio and streaming is good. Also been getting stable 4g in my apartment that I have never got on any roms. I have been using his roms since ppc 6700 days. What I love is he has kept all the required apps and still the rom is very very fast and smooth. For instance if you go to Google Voice, lot of roms have other English Languages removed , this one has all the versions. 3g performance is great too. Browser pinch zoom and text auto fit is fast. Having used his roms in the past, I am excited that he is here...When he releases it to public, they are going to love it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will only take a couple, so PM me if you are interested.....
    Screenshots and Initial Impressions

Here are my screens along with initial impressions:

Home Screen
    OY76y.png

You'll notice that this is a modified touchwiz launcher, the dock has been modified to fit 5 icons. 4/5 icons are customizable, the fifth icon (app) is NOT. I find this incredibly sexy as I love the touchwiz launcher and was always wondering if there was a way to fit the fifth icon into the dock; AFAIK, this was not possible on the stock TW Launcher. Notification icons are bright and colorful.

The main screen itself is a standard 4x4 grid.

For those of you who are not fans of TW Launcher, the ROM also has LauncherPro pre-installed.

App Drawer
    IWkxq.png

The App Drawer got the same lovin' the dock did.. 5x5 for maximum real estate. The only reason why I would use a non-tw launcher was to get 5x5.

Notification Bar
    XzleT.png

Sleek, sexy, transparent. I'll let the screen speak for itself.

Performance
    Mo0wI.png

I know Quadrant scores don't mean much but a lot of people will probably be asking for them so here it is. I have the CPU clocked at the standard 1.2GHZ but am undervolted using these specs: 200/825 500/850 800/975 1000/1075 1200/1175 1400/1300 1600/1450. I haven't done anything to the GPU.

The ROM came with LoStKernel 1.0.0.8 installed. It's the kernel I was running on my old ROM and it has been very stable. (I installed it the day it was released).

This ROM seems blazing fast, apps open and close with ease and everything is buttery smooth. I have tested everything except for bluetooth but I can confirm that wifi, 3g, 4g are all working. GPS locks in seconds.

But wait.... there's one more thing
    GV9gF.png

For those of you who have been asking for the HTC keyboard it has been ported over to this ROM. Word suggestions and custom dictionary are all there as well as customizable swipe gestures.

shoot him a PM just in case he has room
    I can test bro ... I've tested alot of things on the of epic haven't had a chance yet with the et4g ..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Has anyone flashed any lockscreen mods or themes over it. I was wondering if it worked. I changed the battery icon thru UOT but so far thats it.

Caulkin sent me a format all zip to use prior to flashing, any of you OG Evo guys know much trouble it saved us...

Link here