Where do I put music & video files?

Search This thread

Prozac69

Sep 13, 2010
Basingstoke
Sorry but :eek: a really noob question ..........

Where do I put music and video's so that the default app's find them?

I thought the SD card was 'external_SD' so that's where I put the music folders. But then, when I try to navigate to that on the phone, there's nothing in there. And also, when I open the music app' it doesn't show anything that I've added!! :confused:

So can you tell me where you put audio and video files please.

Sorry, I really show know this but it's not something I've done on any of my phones before!

Thanks in advance for you help. :)

Attachments

• Folder.jpg
    Folder.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 81

goddamnit

Nov 4, 2010
SDCard : Internal Storage ,the 16Gb build in
External SD : The micro SD (T-Flash) you insert into phone

And inside Windows Explorer ,it should be two drives ,say ,Drive E and Drive F ,one is internal ,one is external
Hope this help

Reactions: Prozac69

edbanger1975

Nov 8, 2011
I think memory your looking at is the built in memory. I put some video files in the folder marked media and it found them ok. If you want to find the external memory you need to go to settings,wireless and network then usb utilities to connect tovpc. Thenn i just put all my music on there. Again it found them ok.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Prozac69

Sep 13, 2010
Basingstoke
Right, I've done the music files. I've dumped them in the 'Music' folder in the above screenshot and it appears to have found them. The only annoying thing is that it's sorted each song alphabetically and not by track number! :confused:

Now I just need to work out where to put videos.

I also still can't see, from my screenshot of the folder structure above, where my SD card is. If it is that 'external_SD' then why aren't files showing when I explore it on the phone?

Prozac69

Sep 13, 2010
Basingstoke
And does the Note not play .mov files? I've transferred some across but when trying to open them it states, "No applications can perform this action". :confused:

Bengaz

Apr 20, 2007
Right, I've done the music files. I've dumped them in the 'Music' folder in the above screenshot and it appears to have found them. The only annoying thing is that it's sorted each song alphabetically and not by track number! :confused:

I also still can't see, from my screenshot of the folder structure above, where my SD card is. If it is that 'external_SD' then why aren't files showing when I explore it on the phone?

right click, create a folder in the "media" folder called "videos". put your videos in there:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SDCard : Internal Storage ,the 16Gb build in
    External SD : The micro SD (T-Flash) you insert into phone

And inside Windows Explorer ,it should be two drives ,say ,Drive E and Drive F ,one is internal ,one is external
    Hope this help
    I think memory your looking at is the built in memory. I put some video files in the folder marked media and it found them ok. If you want to find the external memory you need to go to settings,wireless and network then usb utilities to connect tovpc. Thenn i just put all my music on there. Again it found them ok.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
    And does the Note not play .mov files? I've transferred some across but when trying to open them it states, "No applications can perform this action". :confused:

Try this ,work fine for me .
    There is Software decode fast mode ,pretty good .

https://market.android.com/details?...SwxLDEsImNvbS5teHRlY2gudmlkZW9wbGF5ZXIuYWQiXQ..

right click, create a folder in the "media" folder called "videos". put your videos in there:)