VZW Bloatware. Does it matter?

Search This thread

jcollierdavis

Oct 19, 2010
Davenport
VZW always sticks us with all this bloatware and everyone hates it. I don't even want to see it there. Especially the VZW Navigation, Backup Assistant, and Media Manager.

But, I got started thinking. Besides just looking annoying, how much does their simple presence really matter? What is gained by removing them besides I just don't have to look at them?

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
These "unused" apps sometimes run in the background and take up precious ram which may in turn slow the phone down. For people who are neat freaks (like me), I like to clean out any useless apps because they are unnecessary and take up room on my phones screens and memory.

I currently have my OG Incredible and will be moving onto the RZ so ram may not be as much of an issue to you guys, however, why have something on your phone which you don't use and could potentially slow your phone down? Not me :cool:

NatsuDragneell

Jul 12, 2011
Cincinnati
u can also remove this app if u like using the rom cleaner app found here on xda search it up

Sent from my Tweaked out RCmix3D myTouch 4G via xda premium !

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
u can also remove this app if u like using the rom cleaner app found here on xda search it up

Sent from my Tweaked out RCmix3D myTouch 4G via xda premium !

We are still eMMC write locked so unless that app only freezes stuff, it won't help. Removing the APK doesn't do anything because it doesn't actually get removed.

Top Liked Posts