Fuzzy speaker
Lock screen vibration can't be switched off
No digital clock only analog widget
Quadrant benchmark only 1500 score
Lag in many areas
No Facebook events calendar sync
Only 5m camera
NO SWYPE

THE VOLUME BUG HAS REALLY PUT ME OFF AND SAMSUNG ARE STILL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ISSUE,

Last edited:

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Then don't buy it. Or if you have it, return it. Or ship it to me, I'll take it.
(Sorry in advance for long post)

Ghost volume button issue on most devices
"Most" devices. How do you know? because people on XDA talk about it? I highly doubt it is "most" devices. You're always going to hear from people with the problem.

No micro sd card support

Personal preference. I don't mind. Whats it matter? I have an SDcard and haven't removed in it a year and a half.

Confusing user interface

Its a new version of android. If you're buying this phone you KNOW that its different. If its confusing to you I'm sorry but its of course going to have a learning curve. Are you gonna complain when your other phone gets updated to ICS too? Gonna stay on 2.3 for the rest of your life? Have fun.

No Facebook contacts sync

Google has said they'll let Facebook back in when they follow the rules for contact syncing. Its Facebooks job to fix the app.

No native social network widget

But you have specific G+, Twitter, and Facebook widgets.

Can't add more home screens

Again, personal preference. Every Nexus has had 5. If you want more, add a launcher. And just as a side note, if you're using more than 5 screens, its faster to go to the app drawer than swipe over to a 6th/7th screen.

Is this really a problem? Again, you're only going to hear from the people who have the problem, not from all the satisfied people

Small cosmetic issue, again personal preference. Most people are fine with it (and I'm pretty sure you can turn off haptics in the settings).

Download a clock widget from the market. Stock android hasn't ever had a digital clock widget. And the time is in the status bar...

Who cares about a benchmark score? Need to brag to your friends? All that matters is the device is quick. Its clear that Quadrant hasnt been optimized for ICS.

Its the first phone (and a dev phone) with ICS. Its gonna be slightly off. You know this going in when you buy a Nexus. And again, it depends on whos using it and what they deep acceptable for "lag".

Refer to the above comment on the Facebook app. Its not Google's fault.

Which has proven to be a very capable camera if you use it right. MP =/= quality.

Not Google's fault, again. Swype needs to be updated for ICS.

THE VOLUME BUG HAS REALLY PUT ME OFF AND SAMSUNG ARE STILL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ISSUE,
THIS DEVICE IS SERIOUSLY ****ALL I DUNNO WHT THE HYPE IS ABOUT.
THE S2 ****s all over it..

RAGE. Buy a SGSII and shut up.

Last edited:

fdm1

May 4, 2009
Also, why did you start a new thread just to copy and paste your whining and add "NO SWYPE"???

Lcrkz0023

Jan 15, 2009
LOUISVILLE
"Massive"??...thats a strong term to use. Most of your points are either things we already knew or there are other ways to circumvent, so therfore a non-issue. I think you just wanted to make a thread just to be making a thread.

Annnd..i let you win, by replying to this bs

viniturb0

Oct 25, 2006
Nice one buddy
I'm just pissed off cos I paid a lot of money
Do u want to buy it? I paid £530 I have a receipt for it
If not its cool I'll return it tomorrow cos of the volume issue

Reactions: momagic

viniturb0

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry if I upset u guys but I paid of lot of money that's why I'm pissed off. The volume issue doesn't help u can't hear the other party cos it goes to almost 0

Last edited:

viniturb0

Oct 25, 2006
"Massive"??...thats a strong term to use. Most of your points are either things we already knew or there are other ways to circumvent, so therfore a non-issue. I think you just wanted to make a thread just to be making a thread.

Annnd..i let you win, by replying to this bs[/QUOTE

I've got them all I'm not a fanboy just want stuff to work like it should mate

fdm1

May 4, 2009

There's nothing wrong with expecting things to work. The problem is that most of the things you are expecting are things that you should have known about or things that never existed or were expected to be implemented.

oilfighter

Nov 17, 2005
Sorry if I upset u guys but I paid of lot of money that's why I'm pissed off. The volume issue doesn't help u can't hear the other party cos it goes to almost 0

You sound like a facebook addicted teenager. You realized that you bought a device that will set the standard for FUTURE software development right? If you want to be at the forefront of android OS, you have to let app developers to catch up. What, do you think facebook knows what will happen with ICS? If you can't live without those apps, go back to a gingerbread device, there are many choices!

chewbz

May 26, 2011
Temecula, California
I find it funny that you listed low quadrant score as an issue. You should really research about a phone before you buy it, this will inform you about the hardware limitations such as no sd card support or 5 mp camera before you take the plunge of purchasing the device.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

DammitCubs

Aug 21, 2011
No micro sd card support - this will always be an issue. The first 2 didn't have it, why would you think the 3rd one will. Galaxy Nexus has always been a developer phone so its treated differently.

Confusing user interface - From what everyone is saying, they are loving the new interface. It's refreshing and when you get used to it, its hard for people to go back

Nexus S 4G had this issue. This isn't a issue with facebook not following a certain protocol that Google requested. and they took it off the Nexus phones. Or they just don't like them because they have their version of a social network

They do its called google plus. Everything isn't native but 3rd party sources

As much as I have to kinda agree with you in this because its nice to have 7 or more screens, its a dev phone so you knew this was happening long before ICS was announced

Fuzzy speaker
that sucks, but from reviewers they say its quieter but clear

Just get another widget that looks better anyways. They never truly had a digital clock worth adding on your home page anyways.
There have been cases that proven that the GN has scored better on web tests and other tests. Quadrant can be faulty. You are using a gingerbread program on a completely different OS. A bigger jump than eclair to gingerbread. I would compare the Razr scores as the initial breakdown (OMAP4430 vs OMAP4460 in the GN) and use that as your base comparing since Razr runs on Gingerbread

Lag in many areas
Only 5m camera Megapixels shouldn't matter. and Someone has done a camera comparison. The GN is not far off and infact has better low light capabilities than the S2. Once again this is a the same story over again, you knew this going from Nexus S that the camera won't be the best class, the same holds true here.
NO SWYPE - Swype will eventually be available through apk once it is compatible. Google isn't going to put swype on their phones. It's a 3rd party software and its up to other manufacturers to decide if they want it on their android device

THE VOLUME BUG HAS REALLY PUT ME OFF AND SAMSUNG ARE STILL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ISSUE, I feel ya about the volume bug. But thats what it is a bug. This is common for alot of new products, just like never buying the first year of a new model car. But alot of reviewers from publication have not seen this volume bug so it could be something else entirely and should be fixed soon.

I put my thoughts above.

sauron0101

Aug 29, 2010
Ontario
The volume bug is the only one that is severe. I don't mean to be rude, but the rest is just plain ... ignorant.

Quadrant is an accurate benchmark? It is appalling unreliable.
Megapixels is a measure of camera quality?

I'd return in your position.

JTECJ

Oct 1, 2010
Dallas
What a waste, there are so many people drooling over that phone and can't yet get it...then we have to see this!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then don't buy it. Or if you have it, return it. Or ship it to me, I'll take it.
    (Sorry in advance for long post)

"Most" devices. How do you know? because people on XDA talk about it? I highly doubt it is "most" devices. You're always going to hear from people with the problem.

No micro sd card support

Personal preference. I don't mind. Whats it matter? I have an SDcard and haven't removed in it a year and a half.

Confusing user interface

Its a new version of android. If you're buying this phone you KNOW that its different. If its confusing to you I'm sorry but its of course going to have a learning curve. Are you gonna complain when your other phone gets updated to ICS too? Gonna stay on 2.3 for the rest of your life? Have fun.

Google has said they'll let Facebook back in when they follow the rules for contact syncing. Its Facebooks job to fix the app.

But you have specific G+, Twitter, and Facebook widgets.

Again, personal preference. Every Nexus has had 5. If you want more, add a launcher. And just as a side note, if you're using more than 5 screens, its faster to go to the app drawer than swipe over to a 6th/7th screen.

Is this really a problem? Again, you're only going to hear from the people who have the problem, not from all the satisfied people

Small cosmetic issue, again personal preference. Most people are fine with it (and I'm pretty sure you can turn off haptics in the settings).

Download a clock widget from the market. Stock android hasn't ever had a digital clock widget. And the time is in the status bar...

Who cares about a benchmark score? Need to brag to your friends? All that matters is the device is quick. Its clear that Quadrant hasnt been optimized for ICS.

Its the first phone (and a dev phone) with ICS. Its gonna be slightly off. You know this going in when you buy a Nexus. And again, it depends on whos using it and what they deep acceptable for "lag".

Refer to the above comment on the Facebook app. Its not Google's fault.

Which has proven to be a very capable camera if you use it right. MP =/= quality.

Not Google's fault, again. Swype needs to be updated for ICS.

THIS DEVICE IS SERIOUSLY ****ALL I DUNNO WHT THE HYPE IS ABOUT.
    THE S2 ****s all over it..

RAGE. Buy a SGSII and shut up.
    Lame gs2 fanboy. Sounds like he needs an iphone more than anything if he is 'confused'.

I invented cyberspace. You're trespassing.
    Nice one buddy
    I'm just pissed off cos I paid a lot of money
    Do u want to buy it? I paid £530 I have a receipt for it
    If not its cool I'll return it tomorrow cos of the volume issue

Annnd..i let you win, by replying to this bs[/QUOTE