[DEV] PSXPeria 2.0 for Sony Tablet

Search This thread

yifanlu

Aug 1, 2011
I've posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365680 but I feel like I can get some more Tablet S audience here.

To summarize what this tool does, it basically extracts the emulator data from Crash Bandicoot, patches it, and allows you to load any PSX game that you rip to run on your device.

Check the link above for more information and download links.

Here's my request to you tablet users:
First of all, I need people to test this as I do not own a Sony Tablet. More importantly, I need different APKs from people. Currently, the only APK of crash bandicoot I have for the Tablet S is one with a CRC32 checksum of 6c7c966b (NCEA00344.apk). If you have a version that has a different checksum (I'm looking for the US version especially), please PM me with a copy of it. I need to manually patch each version of the game to support it with the tool.

Again, I do not own a Tablet, so development will not be as fast as it is for the Play. Therefore, it is up to beta testers like you to help me get it working. If anything goes wrong, I need psxperia.log found in the folder you extracted the files to and android's logcat if you can get it. It would also be nice if a developer for this device can take care of supporting it. Or, if anyone's feeling generous, get me a tablet (I can also look into unlocking it, I have a couple of ideas), but I know that's asking too much.

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London
I pledge $30 to get you the tablet. Don't even have time to convert images for your new beta as i still have them working on my previous version on xperia play with the older firmware but admire your dedication to keeping this project alive. I can donate this money straight away if you want - i just hope you get the tablet soon.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

walterc

Apr 26, 2007
I have HK version of Tablet S, but I do not know how to extract the apk from it as there is no root for Tablet. Please advise. Thanks.

Daniel_Lechu

Aug 20, 2008
Madrid
I've Medievil and Destruction Derbi from store in a Sony Tablet S, where i can find that files?

When i try to install a game converted with this software i get an error from table ("Not installed"), maybe is Android version (Android 3.2.1).

Tergazzi

Sep 22, 2011
i didnt think of ttrying the psxperia on my tablet, i will get on this today, and let you know what i find! since im still waiting for FedEX to deliver my Xperia Play.

EDIT: got the .apk for you. Mine is NCUA94900, not sure about the check sum, but im about to pm you about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps3taker

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
I'd be happy to test things out as I'm keen to try Driver 2 ISO which I'd found - excuse my ignorance, but without ROOT, how is it possible for me to obtain the Crash Bandicoot APK file and I assume it is "NCUC80631_T1_1_01.zpak" required from the Android/Data...... folder

Thanks.

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
I'd be happy to test things out as I'm keen to try Driver 2 ISO which I'd found - excuse my ignorance, but without ROOT, how is it possible for me to obtain the Crash Bandicoot APK file and I assume it is "NCUC80631_T1_1_01.zpak" required from the Android/Data...... folder

Thanks.
There are a few different ways to do it. Without root, I used Astro to browse up to the root and then I could freely browse the system partitions (you just cant write to it). You could always try ADB as well, if you've got that working..

And I've just sent through my APK from my Tablet S. Thanks!

Reactions: kotaro_14

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
Just created my first APK with PSXPeria 1.0 as 2.0 doesn't work with me and there is no error log showing - the APK doesn't work, it installs but bounces back to the homescreen, the data files are in the correct places.

With 2.0, it just hangs at "Checking files...."

Any ideas please?

Last edited:

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
Just had some kind help from a forum member, the APK compiles when using the Xperia APK, but doesn't install on my Sony Tablet. Using the CrashBandicoot APK from the Sony Tablet, produces an error in the JAVA program.

I assume the develop is no-longer monitoring this thread, rendering my feedback and determination to run my PS1 games useless :(

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Just had some kind help from a forum member, the APK compiles when using the Xperia APK, but doesn't install on my Sony Tablet. Using the CrashBandicoot APK from the Sony Tablet, produces an error in the JAVA program.

I assume the develop is no-longer monitoring this thread, rendering my feedback and determination to run my PS1 games useless :(

Have you tried FPSE? almost flawless IMO
its paid but more than worth it

kotaro_14

Jul 8, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
When trying to extract in PSXPeria it says "CAN NOT EXTRACT APK! JAVA SAYS CAN NOT FIND CONFIG FOR THIS APK CRC32: D1EEDC9F". Can anyone help me out on this? Can somebody also upload their APK file of Crash for me too? Thanks.

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London

Could you post the errors log to the thread he has on the xperia play forum - I wonder if compiling using data from the other games from ps store would work - I had no time or know how to update my xperia play to 2.3.4 yet so staying on psxperia version 1 (on 2.3.3 experia play) for now which is not compatible with tablet s. Thanks in advance

CypherWolf

Nov 18, 2011
errorscreen.jpg

http://visionkore.net/images/errorscreen.jpg

error message posted in image above

Reactions: kotaro_14

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
That error in the above post means the dev hasn't included the patch for that particular APK in this version of PSXPeria. Try PM'ing the OP with a link to a copy of your apk and ask if he might be able to include it in the next release. It's all detailed in the first post of this thread. Read there.

If we keep adding APK's we might get better results across all the Tablets

Silvist

Dec 23, 2010
Anyone know if this works? I tried to install an apk I made for my Xperia play onto the Sony tablet S. I installed it the exact same way, where I tossed the folder into Android/data/, and had the apk in the root. It wouldn't even let me install lol.

I'm guessing i'd have to rip the current Crash, and the data, and then see what I could do. I was hoping someone may have already tried this.

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
What would be truly legendary is if one of the emulators made managed to emulate multiplayer somehow. The only one I can see being possible in the short term is a gameboy link cable emulation via bluetooth or wifi.

Otherwise for the likes of PSX games, potentially something where a device syncs like a bluetooth controller to a "host" device. Then the host device would broadcast whats on screen to the other device and go from there (perhaps in split screen cutting the image down the middle and scretch to fit screen what remains, so you only see your player :)) Pretty sure we'd have to wait for quadcore or better devices for that though haha

Silvist

Dec 23, 2010
Alright an update on what I was testing. I got the exact same error that Cypherwolf got. I even tried to rename the apk and zpak. The oddest part is the fact that the folder of the zpak is labeled NCUA94900_T. Where as my xperia play phone has the zpak as just NCUA94900.

Though again renaming didn't seem to do jack. Not sure if its an issue with the software conversion or this "T" version of the zpak is somehow encrypted. I'll see if I can use the 1.0 version of the software and if there's any diff.

ConEstilo

Mar 29, 2010
Philadelphia
Need DEV Help

So after playing with the files from my Tablet S and messing around inside PSXperiaTool.jar with WinRAR, I added my own CRC32 to the \resources\patches. After studying the layouts of the files in the other patch folders and help from yifanlu's GitHub page, I put together a seemingly working config.xml, filelist.txt and stringReplacements.txt. I then used the game-patch.bin & libjava-activity.so.jbpatch from GitHub for the last two patch files.

Now when I run the extract on my NCUA94900.apk, I don't get any errors at all. However, I have run into a problem. When I click Convert in the convert section, the words "Checking to make sure all files are there." appear, but nothing happens.

I've tried using versions 1 and 2 of the program and both just hang there. I've also tried editing the config.xml to not patch the libjava-activity_NCUA94900_T_1.so file in \lib\armeabi, but I still have the problem.

Anyone else working on this and have gotten as far or farther?

Silvist

Dec 23, 2010
Nope I haven't even been able to extract tnhe zpak properly it says that its not recognized. If I ignore that and continue it has the same error as above. I did find something in system/app zpackdownloader.apk, not sure what that entitles. I have a feeling that when installing something from say xperia play, something like an apk prevents it from being installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365680 but I feel like I can get some more Tablet S audience here.

To summarize what this tool does, it basically extracts the emulator data from Crash Bandicoot, patches it, and allows you to load any PSX game that you rip to run on your device.

Check the link above for more information and download links.

Here's my request to you tablet users:
    First of all, I need people to test this as I do not own a Sony Tablet. More importantly, I need different APKs from people. Currently, the only APK of crash bandicoot I have for the Tablet S is one with a CRC32 checksum of 6c7c966b (NCEA00344.apk). If you have a version that has a different checksum (I'm looking for the US version especially), please PM me with a copy of it. I need to manually patch each version of the game to support it with the tool.

Again, I do not own a Tablet, so development will not be as fast as it is for the Play. Therefore, it is up to beta testers like you to help me get it working. If anything goes wrong, I need psxperia.log found in the folder you extracted the files to and android's logcat if you can get it. It would also be nice if a developer for this device can take care of supporting it. Or, if anyone's feeling generous, get me a tablet (I can also look into unlocking it, I have a couple of ideas), but I know that's asking too much.
    D
    Deleted member 780499
    I just got one today. How can I help?
    i didnt think of ttrying the psxperia on my tablet, i will get on this today, and let you know what i find! since im still waiting for FedEX to deliver my Xperia Play.

EDIT: got the .apk for you. Mine is NCUA94900, not sure about the check sum, but im about to pm you about it.

Thanks.
    There are a few different ways to do it. Without root, I used Astro to browse up to the root and then I could freely browse the system partitions (you just cant write to it). You could always try ADB as well, if you've got that working..

And I've just sent through my APK from my Tablet S. Thanks!