edzonline

May 8, 2008
guys im 50/50 on EVO 3D or Optimus 3D

i do need your pros and cons to which device to buy

Last edited:

exceleth

Jun 9, 2010
Istanbul
O3D is much better with 3D capabilities, both capturing and viewing. Probably it is better on the performance side too. LG's hardware is rock solid and with the new 2.3.5 software I think it has no cons against Evo3D.

Reactions: edzonline

yahiaga

Mar 18, 2011
My first phone was lg optimus one, I bought that just for its price. When I compared My phone with my friend's one (Htc wildfire), I saw that mine was 10 times better.
And I decided to go on with lg.

Now I have Lg optimus 3D....
Fast,smooth,no bugs, cool 3d .....

LG annonced for ics update, waiting eagerly ;-)

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App

destroyerpl

Aug 16, 2011
Warsaw
performance, 3d capabilities, price is so much better with Optimus.
New 2.3.5 Android rocks,solid,stable and very fast, I think choice is easy.

Sep 4, 2011
Sydney
I'm pretty sure posting this in the O3D/E3D forums would result in completely biased replies...

Regardless, imo the pros of each device are:

E3D
  • Better 2d Screen (Higher res). I don't really notice that much of a difference in normal use.
  • Better UI (Sense 3.0 is 3D, has better widgets, apps etc)
  • 16:9 - Widescreen videos wont have small black lines at the top and bottom
  • 1GB Ram - Can Cache more apps, however stock sense 3.0 uses 500MB of it.
  • Better photos? (Photos/videos turn out the similar, however the Sense 3.0 has a pretty good camera app with touch to focus and more options such as sharpness, exposure, etc). 3D Photos seem to have more depth
  • Touch to Focus video - The O3d just seems to keep focusing in the middle of the screen. Its somewhat useful.
  • More ROMS - Especially in the CDMA Version. The GSM has around the same but most seem to be more useful than O3D Roms (OC,UV,ETC)
  • Camera also opens instantly. The O3D camera takes around 3 secs to start up for some reason (Pressing the home button in the camera app and going back seems to be instant, so its probably a software problem. )
  • Slightly better battery life

O3D
  • 3D App, video and Photo converters
  • The 3D Depth adjuster seems to fix most badly taken 3D pics
  • Faster - Lower res and better GPU. Does much better in 3d benchmarks, but currently existing games all run extremely well on both phones. (Some 3d games such as asphalt 6 are somewhat laggy on E3D, and smooth on the O3D. Pretty much all 3d converted games on the O3D Lag slightly [Even the preloaded angry birds and other 2d games.]
  • Better 3D Viewing angle (Slightly. 3D Quality is more or less similar, even tho E3D is higher res)
  • More internal Storage - Both have ~1gb, but the O3d has an extra 5.5gb internal SD (Although it can be annoying at times, since some games dont download to external SD)
  • 1080p Video/3mp 3d photos

Although the E3d has more Pros, most of them are fairly small, whilst the O3D's better 3D Performance and 3D App Convertors are pretty useful (Although somewhat laggy)

The O3D Also is cheaper atm($400 USD, E3D is $500 GSM. CDMA is cheaper though.), and comes with almost every 3D Gameloft game.

----The E3D also seems to only be able to track 4 fingers (I doubt you will ever need anywhere close to that) whereas the O3d seems to be able to track over 10 (Infinite?) fingers - but it is slightly glitchy (Sometimes one touch point just jumps to another finger).

--------The E3D also seems to have bluish whites while the O3D has yellowish whites.

Last edited:

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
I'm pretty sure posting this in the O3D/E3D forums would result in completely biased replies...

E3D
  • Better 2d Screen (Higher res). I don't really notice that much of a difference in normal use.
  • Better photos? (Photos/videos turn out the similar, however the Sense 3.0 has a pretty good camera app with touch to focus and more options such as sharpness, exposure, etc). 3D Photos seem to have more depth
  • Touch to Focus video - The O3d just seems to keep focusing in the middle of the screen. Its somewhat useful.
  • More ROMS - Especially in the CDMA Version. The GSM has around the same but most seem to be more useful than O3D Roms (OC,UV,ETC)
  • Camera also opens instantly. The O3D camera takes around 3 secs to start up for some reason (Pressing the home button in the camera app and going back seems to be instant, so its probably a software problem. )

O3D
  • Faster - Lower res and better GPU. Does much better in 3d benchmarks, but currently existing games all run extremely well on both phones. (Some 3d games such as asphalt 6 are somewhat laggy on E3D, and smooth on the O3D. Pretty much all 3d converted games on the O3D Lag slightly [Even the preloaded angry birds and other 2d games.]
  • Better 3D Viewing angle (Slightly. 3D Quality is more or less similar, even tho E3D is higher res)
  • More internal Storage - Both have ~1gb, but the O3d has an extra 5.5gb internal SD (Although it can be annoying at times, since some games dont download to external SD)

Although the E3d has more Pros, most of them are fairly small, whilst the O3D's better 3D Performance and 3D App Convertors are pretty useful (Although somewhat laggy)

The O3D Also is cheaper atm($400 USD, E3D is $500 GSM. CDMA is cheaper though.), and comes with almost every 3D Gameloft game.

----The E3D also seems to only be able to track 4 fingers (I doubt you will ever need anywhere close to that) whereas the O3d seems to be able to track over 10 (Infinite?) fingers - but it is slightly glitchy (Sometimes one touch point just jumps to another finger).

--------The E3D also seems to have bluish whites while the O3D has yellowish whites.
Better pictures? in 3d mode E3D captures 2MP whereas O3d captures 3mp resollution pics... Sense 3 is 3D? in theier dreams maybe. It is a normal UI unless by 3d u mean effects like most launchers have (cube rotation etc) cause both phones show 3d in landscape only. At least O3D has 3d space as a show off....
And lastly E3d has a bigger res screen BUT colors are more vivid in O3d and screen is a lot brighter

Last edited:

Sep 4, 2011
Sydney
Better pictures? in 3d mode E3D captures 2MP whereas O3d captures 3mp resollution pics... Sense 3 is 3D? in theier dreams maybe. It is a normal UI unless by 3d u mean effects like most launchers have (cube rotation etc) cause both phones show 3d in landscape only. At least O3D has 3d space as a show off....
And lastly E3d has a bigger res screen BUT colors are more vivid in O3d and screen is a lot brighter

2 Megapixel 3d pics is more than enough. I doubt anyone even bothers to zoom on them anyways. Regardless, MP =/= Quality, the E3D's photos have more depth, possibly because cameras are further apart.

Sense 3 IS 3d (Not stereoscopic 3d though). Pretty much all widgets are 3d, just look for a vid on youtube (No other launchers have true 3d widgets). It also has a carousel effect which all other launchers lack, and one of the best lockscreens (Agile lock/Sense like miui lockscreens lack options such as weather and music widgets) Rooting the E3D also gives a tilt 3d homescreen option.

Brightness/Color wise, both are similar. O3D might have slightly more contrast, but its not that noticeable in normal use.

I also don't really see any situation besides showing off where the 3d space would be somewhat useful...

Last edited:

edzonline

May 8, 2008
guys appreciate all you replies. ill be getting O3d next week. thank you so much..

the next thing i wanna know is the terms of this phone and the android community. im a custom to iphone and symbian phone, jailbreaking and custom frimware.

what i want to know on the android are:

what is a baseband and its uses, version, region?

what is the best firmware?

what is CWM,CM8,CM9?

what is the best Micro sd card for the phone?

have any one of you guys bought this dock + charger ?
http://www.netimes.com/shop/desk-dock-with-battery-charging-slot-for-lg-optimus-3d-p920-p-3511.html?cPath=82_834

is there an app to make 3D button for camera?

what are your apps?

Sep 4, 2011
Sydney
guys appreciate all you replies. ill be getting O3d next week. thank you so much..

the next thing i wanna know is the terms of this phone and the android community. im a custom to iphone and symbian phone, jailbreaking and custom frimware.

what i want to know on the android are:

what is a baseband and its uses, version, region?
A baseband is the software used by the phone's radio. Better basebands can save battery and increase signal

what is the best firmware?
There isn't really a best one. Some may be faster, while others have better battery life. You should just flash them all and see which one you like, there aren't a lot of O3D Roms

what is CWM,CM8,CM9?
CWM is clockwork mod - the thing used to flash the roms (Or firmware)
I'm not too sure what CM8 is (Cyanogenmod 8 doesnt exist)
CM9 would probably be CyanogenMod 9, the Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x) version of cyanogenmod

what is the best Micro sd card for the phone?
A higher class card would usually mean the card is faster, but microSD speed doesn't make much of a difference most of the time

is there an app to make 3D button for camera?
The Optimus 3d Gingerbread update turns the 3D button to a camera shutter.

I would also recommend getting a custom launcher - such as Go, Launcher pro, or Launcher 360. The LGHome launcher is somewhat laggy when sliding full pages and also uses quite a lot of battery compared to others

Last edited:

edzonline

May 8, 2008
thank you for answering all my inquiries and the advice im so excited to get the phone. by the way what is the latest baseband

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2 Megapixel 3d pics is more than enough. I doubt anyone even bothers to zoom on them anyways. Regardless, MP =/= Quality, the E3D's photos have more depth, possibly because cameras are further apart.

Sense 3 IS 3d (Not stereoscopic 3d though). Pretty much all widgets are 3d, just look for a vid on youtube (No other launchers have true 3d widgets). It also has a carousel effect which all other launchers lack, and one of the best lockscreens (Agile lock/Sense like miui lockscreens lack options such as weather and music widgets) Rooting the E3D also gives a tilt 3d homescreen option.

Brightness/Color wise, both are similar. O3D might have slightly more contrast, but its not that noticeable in normal use.

I also don't really see any situation besides showing off where the 3d space would be somewhat useful...

E3D

O3D

O3D is much better with 3D capabilities, both capturing and viewing. Probably it is better on the performance side too. LG's hardware is rock solid and with the new 2.3.5 software I think it has no cons against Evo3D.
    Tried both, using the 4Ever now, effect is better!

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium
    My first phone was lg optimus one, I bought that just for its price. When I compared My phone with my friend's one (Htc wildfire), I saw that mine was 10 times better.
    And I decided to go on with lg.

Now I have Lg optimus 3D....
    Fast,smooth,no bugs, cool 3d .....

LG annonced for ics update, waiting eagerly ;-)