New Camera Firmware Update Now- 27th May 2011 [APK HERE] [POST YOUR FW VERSIONS]

Search This thread

Aerobotix

Oct 2, 2011
this only works on Samsung based roms

What is cm7.1.0 based on? The rom is on my i9100. How can i tell which cam firmware i have? Possible to upgrade anyway?
Because my cam is TOO slow, with BAD zoom..

Does anyone have a revision history of all these cam firmware?

Flashing your galaxy, press Y to continue..

Last edited:

IceCold89

Nov 29, 2011
I just updated my samsung apps and wanted to check the camera fw update for new version....before the date was from august but now it changed to 2. decembre 2011...so is this a new one?
Version is 11.8.01 (hope its a new update)

Edit: Ok its the same *****y FW they just changed the date....I hate samsung :(

Last edited:

akusokuzan

Dec 2, 2009
What is cm7.1.0 based on? The rom is on my i9100. How can i tell which cam firmware i have? Possible to upgrade anyway?
Because my cam is TOO slow, with BAD zoom..

Does anyone have a revision history of all these cam firmware?

Samsung roms have the Samsung framework which has these codes programmed in there for access. Cm7 is based off of aosp and doesn't have the Samsung framework. To my knowledge, you can't upgrade the firmware on cm7, but if you try using a third party camera app you might get a little better results. I agree that the camera in aosp sucks though

Sent from my GT-I9100

DrSlump76

May 20, 2011
I just updated my samsung apps and wanted to check the camera fw update for new version....before the date was from august but now it changed to 2. decembre 2011...so is this a new one?

I hate them too... still no updates for SCE fw

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
Sorry for a stupid question but when i press the code that is written on teh first page, it says Invalid code, something like this,, i can't see camera firmware,,, I am on 2.3.4 KH3

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
I mailed the samsung service about this problem and they simply said to me to bring the phone to a repair center..

What did you expect. I mailed them few times. Their stuff is like in Hitler movie I made. They learnt stupid text to repeat over and over.

WTF, I will send email them with nice and cute words -.-

re-2007

Apr 24, 2011
Info on Galnetmiui 1.11.2 ICS Rom by lttldvl

GalnetMIUI ICS Development Version 1.11.2 for i9000, i9100, and i897 available to test!
That right!

Android 4.0 merged with MIUI is now real!!!

This is a massive change in the game as far as MIUI goes, and we are proud to be able to bring it to you. For the sake of changelogs, we have included a changelog that highlights the differences from our current set of releases:

- Brand new Framework (Android 4.0 Merged)
- Fixes to MUTE/NONE for notifications etc fixed
- Fixes to theme issues (FC's reported on some installs)
- Speed Improvements including Ram and CPU management
- FM Radio Corrected frequency issues
- Camera Issues (Low light etc Resolved and Auto Focus)
- Additional Fixes
- All apps now work correctly (as compared to the 1.11.1 Groupie release)
- New Android Market version 3.3.11 included
is it real ?????? thanks
some one can confirm that?

Aerobotix

Oct 2, 2011
What happened to changelogs.

Changelogs : change of something

But what?

Brand new framework?

Last edited:

punshkin

Jan 6, 2010
Hi, i am sorry i have to ask this question but this thread is very long and maybe someone who is very much into this subject can help me with my confusion.

i have the KI3 Rom with (from what i read the low-quality cam?)
Cam FW Ver SCEE09
Phone FW Ver TBEC28

Am i on the best/right setup for my Phone?
Thank you for helping me :eek:

DrSlump76

May 20, 2011
Hi, i am sorry i have to ask this question but this thread is very long and maybe someone who is very much into this subject can help me with my confusion.

i have the KI3 Rom with (from what i read the low-quality cam?)
Cam FW Ver SCEE09
Phone FW Ver TBEC28

Am i on the best/right setup for my Phone?
Thank you for helping me :eek:

You should update your camera to scef02. Try filming in low light conditions: you should notice lower framerates during autofocus in such conditions.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

What happened to changelogs.

Changelogs : change of something

But what?

Brand new framework?

What are you talking about?

Reactions: punshkin

DrSlump76

May 20, 2011
thank you, tHe newer firmware wIll solve the problem/make it better?

No, seems like it's a SCE hardware problem. There is another firmware "SIEG03" taken from another phone that seems to solve the problem, but disables the led during filming.
The only solution for now is to obtain another camera like the OCE model that does not have these problems.

LightningShark

Jan 30, 2010
No, seems like it's a SCE hardware problem. There is another firmware "SIEG03" taken from another phone that seems to solve the problem, but disables the led during filming.
The only solution for now is to obtain another camera like the OCE model that does not have these problems.
Given that sieg03 is the firmware for an other phone model i wouldn't be so sure to say it 'disables' anything. It seems to me like the led feature is not supported or functioning correctly due to incompatibility. Symantics maybe but it's important understand the difference...

It seems the issue of lag relates to refocus during recording at low light levels. I also found that using lgcamcorder and setting focus to infinity stops the framerate issues, the camera does not refocus at all. I'm not running sieg03 but perhaps this firmware does the same? Simply stops the refocus because of an incompatibility or feature? If someone thinks it worthwhile its worth looking at how it performs..

Seems to me the only reliable fix is to get Sammy to swap out the camera module... Can I be bothered fighting them over it??

Last edited:
Reactions: re-2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theres a new camera firmware update now for galaxy s2.

First of all please check your existing camera firmware version by typing *#34971539# and then press Phone/CAM FW Ver Check.

Then you can either get the apk from Samsung Apps application on your phone. Or download the firmware update apk which I have attached to this post. The application should tell you if your camera needs the update or not.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application. If you can't find it go to search and type 'camera' or something.

Click download then run it.

Then do *#34971539# again and check your Phone/Cam Fw version.

Then everyone please post like below :

Please post both values it gives you. Your Cam FW and Phone FW

Before update:

Cam FW : OCED11
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7

After Update :

Cam FW : OCEE09
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7 (UK Generic)

You could also post if you notice any new changes with the camera :)

On another note : Is it not possible to dissassemble the camerafirmware apk below, and find out whats changed / or find out anything interesting ?
    Hi,

here is a mirror with all files in one rar: http://ul.to/w0kxauck (compressed: 5,83MB / decompressed: 52,9MB)

bqlbx5l4p4ng.png

with friendly greet

starbase64
    LG Camera 6.4b2
    Added some improvements to SGS2/Note and HTC One X.
    It seems no longer stretches the image vertically.
    Guys, some news here. Well, not some great news but some news.

I have contacted Samsung Electro-Mechanics, the responsible for "SC" type camera modules, as posted here in some page.

I've emailed them and explained the problem. I've said too about Infuse 4G firmware, that works in our Galaxy S2 "SC" camera modules and explained about that the SIEGO3 firmware of Infuse works very well for our Galaxy S2 and told the problem about the Flash not working i specific conditions (assited light for auto-focus and light for video recording).

Well, I've got the response that the SCEE07 and SCEE09 firmwares are firmwares "before" commercial release. And the SCEF02 is the latest.

The email that I send to them was not responded to me directly. It was replyied from Samsung Elctronics, with the responde of the engineer fo Samsung electro-Mechanics.

It was told that SIEGO03 (Infuse 4G) Firmware were based on Galaxy S camera modules, and they told too that they have the same camera modules (how is that possible, Galaxy S have 5mp and Infuse 4G 8mp....)

Quoting the soe part of the answer: " The Firmware compatibility with Infuse 4G(It assumes that SGH-I997), some features are working because the I997’s firmware is based on Galaxy S( The Image sensor of both model is same).

However, if he overwrite infuse 4G firmware, some function may not working and there may be picture quality issue."

They said too that don't have sure if "mine" (ours "SC") are theirs or from the others competitors camera modules.

They said that "there is no is no difference in feature and performance between 2 company’s camera module."

I think that may be true, but the "SC" firmware is not "ideal" in low light condition.

Any way, I've send it another email to Samsung electronics (the one that replyed the Engineers response) asking him about the problem and there was another email attached to contact Samsung Too.

I'll wait to know how will be the response of the other guy who emailed me and lets see how I will proceed after that.

Cross your fingers for me to have a fast resolve for us.
    Below is a link to the newest firmware, as far as i know it`s OCEF02

Any risk is yours, if the flash fails and your camera dies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?596b6p8l23ld5bc

SC20110623-145627-1.jpg

Anyone have the latest update available for download? I'm in the US and it seems that Samsung Apps checks the SIM card and won't allow updates in this region.