G2 Gorilla Glass??

Search This thread

killj0y

Jul 2, 2011
ok i thought we pretty much confirmed it is Gorilla Glass and Corning also confirms this. Now of course even GG is still GLASS!!! it is tougher but far from indestructible. Clearly the many iphones and other confirmed GG smartphones i have repaired for clients is proof of this lol. In fact my brother in law has broken his screen probably about 4 times! then again he is in border patrol and in the field so pretty rugged environment. Anyways it is tough but still extra protection never hurts especially when screen protectors are cheap cheap cheap! and cases well you can get cheap and relatively expensive that is up to you. I personally always use a screen protector, and a hybrid silicone and plastic case. Cheap insurance for an expensive piece of hardware that I rely on daily. But as always to each their own.

bled82

Nov 14, 2009
Fort Worth
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Proof of gorilla glass on G2

Made a quick video useing a spare G2 i went swimming with to demo the gorilla glass on the screen . shot the video with my replacement G2. If this and the fact that the corning website is not enough for you , well your a ..... fill in the blank with any derogatory word. Thank you and have a nice day . see video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue1OX6WjU50

WTF?

Oct 13, 2011
USA
my G2 goes through HELL every day and the screen is flawless with no protection! (it was a fairly early G2, like from a year or more ago)

My gf even threw it on sidewalk for 15 feet away from us, being upset toward me so i can tell u the g2 does have it.

Get out of that relationship! Just my advice mate.

+1 on this - get a new woman that is submissive and mellow!

nivlac978

May 26, 2010
Hudson
That's the one thing that this phone is not good at, recording video. :-( But strong glass, not a scratch on mine either.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Wow nice video

That is pretty cool too see. :)

I do use a screen protector and an otter box commuter case (both have been on since I got the phone in January) even though I am sure I do have GG on my G2....I just like my phone to remain in good condition.

Last edited:

happycube

Mar 9, 2011
I just got a G2 from Gazelle... the case is scratched up (looks like this hit concrete more than once), the power button's fail(ing/ed - thankfully w/root my camera button's now power), but there's only two miniscule scratches on the screen, which overall looks great.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Made a quick video useing a spare G2 i went swimming with to demo the gorilla glass on the screen . shot the video with my replacement G2. If this and the fact that the corning website is not enough for you , well your a ..... fill in the blank with any derogatory word. Thank you and have a nice day . see video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue1OX6WjU50

Anyone that thinks this video is impressive is pretty gullible. I just took a bottle previously filled with cheap cooking wine from the trash and tried to scratch it with a screwdriver (pressing hard as I could) and couldn't. Depending on the degree of steel tempering, the steel is not even as hard as untreated glass, much less any type of treated glass.

The ball drop tests on the Corning website (on a 1mm thickness of GG) is much more impressive.

Last edited:

bled82

Nov 14, 2009
Fort Worth
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Anyone that thinks this video is impressive is pretty gullible. I just took a bottle previously filled with cheap cooking wine from the trash and tried to scratch it with a screwdriver (pressing hard as I could) and couldn't. Depending on the degree of steel tempering, the steel is not even as hard as untreated glass, much less any type of treated glass.

The ball drop tests on the Corning website (on a 1mm thickness of GG) is much more impressive.

Lmao I tried to scratch it the best I could with a hardened screw driver it didn't scratch so good enough for me .

Top Liked Posts