Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: ATTENTION NEWCOME KERNEL/ROM D…
4th December 2011, 12:05 PM
OP Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,908

More
ATTENTION NEWCOME KERNEL/ROM DEVELOPERS
Hi there,

this message is target to you that are about to develop a new rom or kernel (veteran must already know that)

These are some special rules that you have to impress in your head before clicking on "Open New Thread" with [ROM][Kernel] in title:

If you are about to post a new Kernel you need to be in compliance to GPL since kernel does contain Linux code, this mean that if you have modified a kernel you MUST provide source code:

(choose what best for you)

- A github link
- packing your kernel and uploading
- a diff .patch files
- Credits to people in case of an already custom kernel

If you are about to post a new Rom, you don't need any source since theu are covered by Apache BUT you must be in compliance with XDA rule and with good sense:

New Roms thread must have:

- Exactly say which base rom do you used : Stock, custom from another developer, CyanogeMod.
- Ask permission to use that rom as your base to the original Developer(s).
- Give credits to Original Developer(s) in your first post:
(eg: Credits and thanks for this Rom goes to XXXXX
- Give credits, if possible, to people that you grabbed: scripts, themes and apps.
- You rom MUST BE free of paid apps, warez is not tollerated here.
- Your first post must have as more info that you can, " this is my rom" and a link is not tollerated.
- Thread Title : " [ROM][date of release]xxxxxxxxxxx[kernel used]

As a user of this thread you must read this (it isn't invisible), so i'll take this as accepted by everyone.
I'm bored of reports on people that don't follow the respect in work of other user and basically, with this thread you don't have other excuses.
Every ROm/Kernel thread found without those (simple) rules will be closed and links deleted without furter notice

Bonus rules:
- adfly links are not allowed.
- If a Rom and/or Kernel are found by us illegal for XDA, every user is not allowed to have the link of that in your signature.

Feel free to pm me for any clarification.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to af974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift af974 Ad-Free