Review: PhantomSkinz! Incipio! Seidio Holster: Ultimate Combo! LOTS OF PICS!!!!

Search This thread

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Hey fellas, just wanted to do a review and post pics of my setup.

1.Phantomskinz Screen Protector: I have used their SP since my MT4G days and will never use another brand again. The install is a wet install, just take your time and it will turn out perfect. I get the protection of Zagg without the orange peel. Perfect fit around the edges without lifting, even with my old D30 case. They usually have coupons for 30% off and their protectors are 2 for 1 with free shipping. ON to the pics....

2. Incipio Silicrylic: Great case. Knowing I wanted the Seidio holster I knew this was gonna fit. Just by pictures it looked like the active case but with a little spice. I like this alot!

3. Finally got the Seidio Holster in yesterday! Perfect fit with the Incipio Case!

Hopefully this thread has helped anybody that has had questions with these products. They are all high quality and I can't be anymore happy with the protection of my S2!

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
People still use holsters? do you clip it to your fanny pack? Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
People still use holsters? do you clip it to your fanny pack? Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

LOL, it's called a murse dude, a murse..

LMAO :D

gotta love the hangover :p

LOL... I just have it under my shirt or in my pocket. I lost a couple phones in my shorts while I was drunk hahahh! This insures my **** stays on me even when I'm plastered ;):eek:

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Haha then a holster makes perfect sense for you

Looks really good btw ;)

Thanks bro! Off topic...you gotta clean ass ride! You have the same taste as me, steplip baby!

gC4gNc1J

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
Thanks for the pics. How do you like the Incipio? I've been considering this case but I hate making the phone too bulky. Is it slim? Also, is that the matte screen protector? If so, does it washout the display?

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the pics. How do you like the Incipio? I've been considering this case but I hate making the phone too bulky. Is it slim? Also, is that the matte screen protector? If so, does it washout the display?

I like the incipio alot! If you ever owned a Seidio Active case it's the same size and texture. The screen is not matte. Its clear and does not washout the screen. Sometimes I forget its even on.

Thajones

Aug 19, 2010
Does it matter which holster? Say, the AT&T active holster? The holster is the same for all Galaxy S II phones, right?

yindraad

May 8, 2011
How much was the holster? the seidio store says $30 lol

i missed the incipio deal by 1 day :( hopping to there to be a christmas deal too

floot_roops

Oct 21, 2011
Thanks for your review and photos. I'm trying to get a feel for the size of the case you're using. I know it's the same size as the seidio ACTIVE case, but how does it compare to a TPU case?

I've heard of people using TPU cases with the seidio SURFACE holster with other phones, but that's not available for ours. Is the ACTIVE case a little bigger? Seidio makes both holsters for other phones, making me think that the ACTIVE and SURFACE cases are different sizes and not cross compatible with each others holsters, so I need to figure out which case a TPU case would be similar to.

(I also have a D3o case. This is definitely bigger than the TPU case. Is that a more appropriate fit for this holster?)

ijaved

Nov 6, 2011
Milton, ON
How about some pic of the belt clip? is it 360* ? does it have kickstand? :confused:

Addition to the above questions lol thanks for the pic looks really nice. Love how the screen is inwards in the holster looks like phone is ready to take a leap of faith and still come out unscratched.

Last edited:

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for your review and photos. I'm trying to get a feel for the size of the case you're using. I know it's the same size as the seidio ACTIVE case, but how does it compare to a TPU case?

I've heard of people using TPU cases with the seidio SURFACE holster with other phones, but that's not available for ours. Is the ACTIVE case a little bigger? Seidio makes both holsters for other phones, making me think that the ACTIVE and SURFACE cases are different sizes and not cross compatible with each others holsters, so I need to figure out which case a TPU case would be similar to.

(I also have a D3o case. This is definitely bigger than the TPU case. Is that a more appropriate fit for this holster?)
I've used a Seidio surface holster with TPU case before and its perfect. I think it will be lose on a active holster. The D30 definitely fits, its the case I was using before the.Incipio.

How about some pic of the belt clip? is it 360* ? does it have kickstand? :confused:

Addition to the above questions lol thanks for the pic looks really nice. Love how the screen is inwards in the holster looks like phone is ready to take a leap of faith and still come out unscratched.

The clip is 360 degrees and no kickstand. The Active case from Seidio actually has a built-in kickstand.

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
it goes well with my satchel. ;)

lol it looks nice. a little too bulky for my taste tho but good protection.

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
I like the incipio alot! If you ever owned a Seidio Active case it's the same size and texture. The screen is not matte. Its clear and does not washout the screen. Sometimes I forget its even on.

Thanks for the response. I still just cannot bring myself to increase the size of the phone. That is half the reason to get it!!! ;) Anyways, I'm going with this instead. The Gunmetal Carbon Fiber look. Just ordered it. I'll post a review with pics once I get it installed. I know, I know, no drop protection but I'm usually pretty good at that (now I'll drop it tonight!) so I really just want scratch protection and I hate the standard skins.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey fellas, just wanted to do a review and post pics of my setup.

1.Phantomskinz Screen Protector: I have used their SP since my MT4G days and will never use another brand again. The install is a wet install, just take your time and it will turn out perfect. I get the protection of Zagg without the orange peel. Perfect fit around the edges without lifting, even with my old D30 case. They usually have coupons for 30% off and their protectors are 2 for 1 with free shipping. ON to the pics....

2. Incipio Silicrylic: Great case. Knowing I wanted the Seidio holster I knew this was gonna fit. Just by pictures it looked like the active case but with a little spice. I like this alot!

3. Finally got the Seidio Holster in yesterday! Perfect fit with the Incipio Case!

Hopefully this thread has helped anybody that has had questions with these products. They are all high quality and I can't be anymore happy with the protection of my S2!

I've used a Seidio surface holster with TPU case before and its perfect. I think it will be lose on a active holster. The D30 definitely fits, its the case I was using before the.Incipio.

The clip is 360 degrees and no kickstand. The Active case from Seidio actually has a built-in kickstand.
    LOL... I just have it under my shirt or in my pocket. I lost a couple phones in my shorts while I was drunk hahahh! This insures my **** stays on me even when I'm plastered ;):eek:

Haha then a holster makes perfect sense for you

Looks really good btw ;)
    Coool ! After waiting for about 2 month I think Incipio will be my case !

Looks pretty good ! no negative comments also. By looking at others threads of others cases I know there were a lot of posts concernings a fews things.

1 - Hows the case fit with all the components (such as the speakers/ mic jack /micro usb bla bla

2- Does the case attract dust and ****s from our pockets ?

3- Hows the volume and power button feel when pressed ?

oh and does it make the phone any thicker ? im a pocket guy ... ! :D

Hey Jack..got your PM.

1. I think fitment is spot on..

2. The case does attract lint..do that dryer cloth trick and rub it around the case..
    It seems to help not attract lint as much with.that static cling lol.

3. The buttons are the best thing on the case, they are so easy to push.