AOSP ptIII (the Revenge of the RC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tweek900

Nov 15, 2011
I'm agreeing lol. And idk who was flipping out about this being off topic I was just trying to find info about what this is and what it means to the user. This is a question I'm sure others have so why not post it where they are all reading instead if each of us sending a pm.

This has told me cm7 and miui is going to replace MOTOBLUR and that tells me we are about to get a lot of new features and I'm very grateful for the people behind this project. As someone that use to code I hate to ask this but any rough timeline? Don't want to put work into a new rom if this is close

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I'm agreeing lol. And idk who was flipping out about this being off topic I was just trying to find info about what this is and what it means to the user. This is a question I'm sure others have so why not post it where they are all reading instead if each of us sending a pm.

This has told me cm7 and miui is going to replace MOTOBLUR and that tells me we are about to get a lot of new features and I'm very grateful for the people behind this project. As someone that use to code I hate to ask this but any rough timeline? Don't want to put work into a new rom if this is close

If you would like to chat then go to the General forum and there is a thread for you called "thank the devs" for aosp. This is where you should post and try not to clutter this thread for the real developers.

Also it is not polite to ever ask for a ETA. You are lucky to enjoy their hard work and they are not getting paid for this. It is not hard to set up a rom. I have done 2 or 3 and then backed them up in one day. Now please no more clutter here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are starting a new thread as we enter a new phase of development.

We are beyond confident @ this point that we are where we need to be. We are now working on new init.rc and init.mapphone_cdma.rc that will be able to boot a cm7 atrix nightly.

As of now we only have aceoyame working on these and wish to solicit ideas from those who may be more experienced or who have a keen eye for the obvious.

We will be test flashing this first run shortly. Lets keep this thread clean. We are expecting only comments relating to the new .rc's or pointing out obvious shortcomings of our method.

Expect a test flash to be posted here shortly so others can try along.

So without further ado... here are the initial versions of the inits as modified by aceoyame..

init.mapphone_cdma.rc http://pastebin.com/N3CFNrBX
    init.rc http://pastebin.com/KdpL6eKC

Help and comments are welcome...

If you apprecieate our work please hit THANKS on the appropriate post to let us know you guys care and to keep the thread un-cluttered. So far with the other threads it seems we only have about 20 or so users who are looking forward to this.

There is an excellent thread here.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1372293 started by ashclepdia that can be used for speculation, thanks, etc...

Thanks again to the many users here for helping during the sbf flashing phase.. we may need your help again soon.

And last but not least thanks again to dragonzkiller for taking the time from his busy schedule to get us past the last hurtle.
    EUREKA

Another piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.
    We can now 2nd-init boot and kill-off the previous first init services allowing full manipulation via the second init.

Thanks again goes to dragonzkiller for a great dialog last night in IRC, allowing me to push forward into the late night till final success...

Where do we go from here? Well we have several options. We can jump directly into booting a foreign ROM, or we can work on a recovery that launches via second init. The recovery will be important as it will speed up work on foreign roms.

Anyhow.. The linux work portion of this is done! We now need some serious AOSP based ROM devs to bring us some AOSP ROM love.

Working on this has sparked my interest in the AOSP side of things so i am going to begin educating myself on that, but it will be no match to an experienced dev.

Things are gonna move fast from this point and i wouldnt be surprised if this gets forked into several different projects. We are gonna need more testers.

Thanks again for all the support and "thanks"
    Well its a new day.. and i begin my holliday break.. Gonna spend a good bit of it working on this. I have some new approaches I am going to try today. Hopfully we can get some good information from the upcoming tests.

Do you have link to CM7 including 2nd init you are testing with?

I want to push it into my phone when I get a chance this weekend and see whether I can help.

Thanks.

We intend to release a testing package shortly, once it is logging some sort of usefull data for us. In its current conditions it is not very informative. Rather then spending time getting people up to speed on it.. i am gonna try to get it to a point that it is more useful and self explanatory.

Ideally someone with more experience booting on second init devices will come along and give us a nudge to speed things up ;)

In the meantime i have re-written our hijack to work along side our current X2 bootstap so that will save us some sbf time.

Hang in there.. We are getting close. Thanks for everyones support.
    Well its a new day.. and i begin my holliday break.. Gonna spend a good bit of it working on this. I have some new approaches I am going to try today. Hopfully we can get some good information from the upcoming tests.

We intend to release a testing package shortly, once it is logging some sort of usefull data for us. In its current conditions it is not very informative. Rather then spending time getting people up to speed on it.. i am gonna try to get it to a point that it is more useful and self explanatory.

Ideally someone with more experience booting on second init devices will come along and give us a nudge to speed things up ;)

In the meantime i have re-written our hijack to work along side our current X2 bootstap so that will save us some sbf time.

Hang in there.. We are getting close. Thanks for everyones support.

So I take it the script I sent you over helped a lot? It's good to see that! If you're guys' init script works I can patch them into an actual CM7 build for the X2 (So that we can have a device config, and eventually nightlies for it).

Probably should've posted this earlier, but I have a fairly powerful system. I could compile for you guys.

(I'd need to know what to install, since I haven't compiled a ROM before)

Don't worry about trying to compile anything yet. For a few reasons:
    1. They're only patching an ATRIX build, not compiling yet
    2. We don't have a full device setup for the X2 (i'm working on that now)
    3. My computer is more than powerful enough to start releasing office DX2-Dev-Team betas from the repo, so don't worry about compiling yet
    So after a late night in IRC we managed to past 1 of the 2 hurdles we were trying to solve. Thanks to all that helped.

We were able to get some logcat action going!!
    One more hurdle to pass and we are going to be VERY CLOSE.

Thanks again for those that were up late night working on this..