select input method notification

Search This thread

harrishanifa

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa City
If you set either voice recognition to automatic or turn it off, the notification will go off. It's under settings>language&input> google voice typing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Reactions: juggaknot77

Grady

Dec 22, 2007
I don't see a "vocal text imission" in my nexus settings. Neither of these worked. Any other suggestions? I'm using Ultra Keyboard but I don't think it's a setting in there.

ranova

Jul 19, 2010
if you have any other keyboard installed, it will always show up because android is moving away from the "tap-and-hold" gestures. If all you have is the Google speech and the android keyboard, it should not show up in notifications

bighill89

Aug 31, 2009
Toronto
This worked for me on the Nexus S:

To get rid of stupid “select input method” notification
reboot to recovery
mount /system
in terminal, type “adb shell”
cd /system/app, rm OpenWnn.apk and PinyinIME.apk

joeTaco

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but here are the steps I followed to succesfully get rid of this annoying notification on my Xperia Ray:

• Check the notification to see what keyboards are active.
  • Use Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall the keyboards (other than the one you use, obviously).
  • Some keyboards might not show up in Titanium Backup. For these, use something like Root Explorer or adb to find them in system/app and delete them. For me, this was the Xperia Japanese Keyboard.
  • Make sure Google Voice Input is unchecked in Language/input settings.
  • Restart phone.
  • Voila, no more input method notification.

Reactions: earlthepearl

blowtorch

Jul 14, 2011
how about setting your "default keyboard" to the one you want to use and not to google's keyboard?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This worked for me on the Nexus S:

To get rid of stupid “select input method” notification
    reboot to recovery
    mount /system
    in terminal, type “adb shell”
    cd /system/app, rm OpenWnn.apk and PinyinIME.apk
    If you set either voice recognition to automatic or turn it off, the notification will go off. It's under settings>language&input> google voice typing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    I found it out.
    Go to settings>language&input>android keyboard options>vocal text immission and set it to off.
    if you have any other keyboard installed, it will always show up because android is moving away from the "tap-and-hold" gestures. If all you have is the Google speech and the android keyboard, it should not show up in notifications

This is very annoying. I hope there will be a fix...
    Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but here are the steps I followed to succesfully get rid of this annoying notification on my Xperia Ray:

• Check the notification to see what keyboards are active.
    • Use Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall the keyboards (other than the one you use, obviously).
    • Some keyboards might not show up in Titanium Backup. For these, use something like Root Explorer or adb to find them in system/app and delete them. For me, this was the Xperia Japanese Keyboard.
    • Make sure Google Voice Input is unchecked in Language/input settings.
    • Restart phone.
    • Voila, no more input method notification.