Galaxy Nexus FTW

Search This thread

KWKSLVR

Oct 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Dear Samsung, thank you for letting Google teach you how to make a phone. I love you Galaxy Nexus. You're fast, really fast. You boot as fast as my laptop with a Samsung 470 Series SSD. You don't lag. I tippity tap something on the screen, and something immediately happens. Your MTP is awesome. Lots of people don't like you for it, but they don't get it. That's fine, it's our secret love affair, and it's fast. ICS took me a little time to get used to, mainly because of the button layout. But after a little patience, I understand the intuitiveness and am growing fond of it.

Your battery life is awesome. I have 3 batteries and now I feel ripped off because I never get to use the other two. I try to kill you, and you last me 12+ hours every day even after streaming Tune In Radio and playing with your cool features like Stop Motion video recording in 1080p.

Your GPS is great. I remember the last time Samsung built a phone I bought. I had to take it apart, bend antenna connectors and hold my mouth just right in order to get a lock; but my Galaxy Nexus locks in mere seconds, doesn't wander, and tracks me perfectly.

People say you're light and feel cheap. Hogwash. They say, "pick up the iPhone, now that's a heavy piece". That's true, the iPhone 4S weighs 4.9 ounces, and according to my food scale, you weigh 5.0 ounces. By the time I add your extended battery and a gel skin, you weigh 6.0 ounces. If you were made out of cheap metal that cracks, sharpens and splinters with impact instead of robust, flexible and shock absorbing plastic, you'd drag my pants down lower than the average gang banger.

People say you have poor reception, but the reality is that you tell them the truth by exposing Verizon's coverage. The truth sometimes hurts.

I was unsure about your size. After all, so many people say that size doesn't count...those people own Xperia Mini's. Your screen is awesome. I can't tell that you're pentile, other than the fact that at your dimmest setting, you don't blind my eyes like the SAMOLED on my Galaxy S. While weird tint and strange banding issues due to jpeg resizing can be annoying, I know that it's not due to poor quality control or oversight but rather to limitation of the technology used.

Most of all, other than delicious ICS, what I think I love the most was how easily your bootloader was unlocked and root was obtained. I do not expect you to make me a sandwich, fix my car or give me professional swedish massages. All I ask is that you deliver ICS, Google Updates, and stellar 3rd party support immediately, and you do that. You're not what I expected...you're so much more.

Last edited:

xxprodigyxx11

Apr 24, 2010
I'm a little disappointed this phone can't make me a sandwich... but well said.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Sandwiches and swedish massages are extremely important to me and I can't believe this phone doesn't have those features as the iphone does. I will be returning it shortly and would never have bought it if I knew it had no car washing application preloaded. I will be getting the iphone as I have heard from some people that it also makes erections last longer and makes smoking healthy. Samsung why can't you implement such features into your phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kangxi

Jun 10, 2010
Orlando
This phone needs more good PR. I'm tired of seeing threads from people who don't understand their device, don't take time to troubleshoot or can't accept that their device may be defective so they try to make it an issue for everyone's device ("Galaxy Nexus screen sucks! I have a big X in the center!")

Good job. I'm gonna do an FAQ thread later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
Dear Samsung, thank you for letting Google teach you how to make a phone. I love you Galaxy Nexus. You're fast, really fast. You boot as fast as my laptop with a Samsung 470 Series SSD. You don't lag. I tippity tap something on the screen, and something immediately happens. Your MTP is awesome. Lots of people don't like you for it, but they don't get it. That's fine, it's our secret love affair, and it's fast. ICS took me a little time to get used to, mainly because of the button layout. But after a little patience, I understand the intuitiveness and am growing fond of it.

Your battery life is awesome. I have 3 batteries and now I feel ripped off because I never get to use the other two. I try to kill you, and you last me 12+ hours every day even after streaming Tune In Radio and playing with your cool features like Stop Motion video recording in 1080p.

Your GPS is great. I remember the last time Samsung built a phone I bought. I had to take it apart, bend antenna connectors and hold my mouth just right in order to get a lock; but my Galaxy Nexus locks in mere seconds, doesn't wander, and tracks me perfectly.

People say you're light and feel cheap. Hogwash. They say, "pick up the iPhone, now that's a heavy piece". That's true, the iPhone 4S weighs 4.9 ounces, and according to my food scale, you weigh 5.0 ounces. By the time I add your extended battery and a gel skin, you weigh 6.0 ounces. If you were made out of cheap metal that cracks, sharpens and splinters with impact instead of robust, flexible and shock absorbing plastic, you'd drag my pants down lower than the average gang banger.

People say you have poor reception, but the reality is that you tell them the truth by exposing Verizon's coverage. The truth sometimes hurts.

I was unsure about your size. After all, so many people say that size doesn't count...those people own Xperia Mini's. Your screen is awesome. I can't tell that you're pentile, other than the fact that at your dimmest setting, you don't blind my eyes like the SAMOLED on my Galaxy S. While weird tint and strange banding issues due to jpeg resizing can be annoying, I know that it's not due to poor quality control or oversight but rather to limitation of the technology used.

I do not expect you to make me a sandwich, fix my car or give me professional swedish massages. All I ask is that you deliver ICS, Google Updates, and stellar 3rd party support immediately, and you do that. You're not what I expected...you're so much more.

Well said. A perfect love affair! I love mine as well.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Just waiting on the 4.03 update. Other than that, the phone has been stellar. I feel there is no need to root it.

Anyone have an idea of what that update might address?
Thanks!

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
They can put a man on the moon and a dual-core beast of a computer in your hand, but they can't make a decent toaster ;)

Has anyone seen John Connor?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Most of all, other than delicious ICS, what I think I love the most was how easily your bootloader was unlocked and root was obtained. I do not expect you to make me a sandwich, fix my car or give me professional swedish massages. All I ask is that you deliver ICS, Google Updates, and stellar 3rd party support immediately, and you do that. You're not what I expected...you're so much more.