[ROM] EpicMTD CM 7.2.0 RC0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Nope still have no data on the rc0 update. Wifi unstable and even the previous datafix.zip hasn't worked any ideas I already started ona fresh stock odin install.

Sent from my Cyan Katana

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
Wifi is still erroring out on me. Tried rebooting, toggling wifi / airplane modes. WatDo??

mlpomer

Dec 31, 2007
wi-fi woes

well after flashing the correct ROM, wi-fi worked and seems stable (at least that was the case a few hours ago). Had to step away from my wi-fi network and when I returned, no connection could be made. Wi-fi just cycles through trying to connect then disables connection, and repeats. Tried to flash again, same wi-fi issue. Flashed back to stock EC05, wi-fi connects. Flash CM7 again and no wi-fi connection. For whatever reason, wi-fi is not stable on my phone.
Still willing to try a few things, if I see other suggestions, if no wi-fi I will need to flash something else.
Love the feel of this ROM otherwise.

skyjedi

Jan 14, 2011
Any chance that this will get listed in ROM manager? Also reboot to recovery is still busted up for me. Anyone else?

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Swype (latest beta pulled from "swype installer") force closes on this rom. Someone in the other thread mentioned the same thing on the last couple of builds prior to RC0. It was working in 12/21 build however.

n2mschf

Mar 28, 2011
SLC, Utah
Swype (latest beta pulled from "swype installer") force closes on this rom. Someone in the other thread mentioned the same thing on the last couple of builds prior to RC0. It was working in 12/21 build however.

I had it working in the 10xx builds but after mtd conversion it stopped working for me. I'm using TouchPal right now and it works pretty good, just wish I could theme it. I haven't been able to find any themes even tho it says there are some for it... I like my red ...

Also,in the other thread, someone posted a nexus s zip of Swype that I haven't t tried yet.

Sent from my CM7 DecaKanged, noobnl enhanced, Totally Epic 4g...

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
I typically use the pattern lock for security purposes. I set it up on this rom, and it works, but I also have the basic lock screen mod on at the same time, meaning I have to slide first (or rotary, etc), then do the pattern. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

My wife's stock evo shift does that...... Most annoying thing in the world.

Sent from my Cyanogen Epic.

codest3r

Oct 27, 2010
Orlando, FL
Any chance that this will get listed in ROM manager? Also reboot to recovery is still busted up for me. Anyone else?

3-Finger method is the only path to CWM now. You will notice it bootloops while holding buttons. After the first loop release and it will go into recovery. This is related to MTD implementation and not yet resolved, will be found in any MTD release today. Please only use 3-finger method for now.

well after flashing the correct ROM, wi-fi worked and seems stable (at least that was the case a few hours ago). Had to step away from my wi-fi network and when I returned, no connection could be made. Wi-fi just cycles through trying to connect then disables connection, and repeats. Tried to flash again, same wi-fi issue. Flashed back to stock EC05, wi-fi connects. Flash CM7 again and no wi-fi connection. For whatever reason, wi-fi is not stable on my phone.
Still willing to try a few things, if I see other suggestions, if no wi-fi I will need to flash something else.
Love the feel of this ROM otherwise.

The OP states "WiFi appears to be stable. You may need to wipe old settings. (decad3nce, noobnl, uberpinguin)" - did try blowing out your old settings? Open up file manager of your choice, go to directory /etc/wifi/ and delete (or change extension to .bak) of wpa_supplicant.conf.

Another suggestion I'd make: go to Settings - Wireless - Wi-fi Settings - Option button: Advanced - Wi-Fi Sleep Policy - Never

Nope still have no data on the rc0 update. Wifi unstable and even the previous datafix.zip hasn't worked any ideas I already started ona fresh stock odin install.a

Try wifi fix above. You mean you don't have 3G data? Could just be a temporary data outage in your area. The prior issue we had with 3G data is DNS resolution wasn't happening. Can you go to browser and see if it will go to IP address directly (sample google server: 74.125.157.99) to see if it connects? That would be a symptom of the earlier issue then. If that doesn't work sounds like you have a legit data connection issue and may be network related.

G

GuestK00145

how long did it take this Rom to flash for you guys? I just flashed this and it's been rebooting continuously for 5 - 10min now......

codest3r

Oct 27, 2010
Orlando, FL
how long did it take this Rom to flash for you guys? I just flashed this and it's been rebooting continuously for 5 - 10min now......

Not that long. First install (conversion to MTD) will reboot once, maybe take up to 5 minutes first install with conversion.

Subsequent updates over MTD FS will not reboot and are snappy. I'd say under a minute.

Did you download the latest version? Up to v3.1_beta9 worked for me. v3.1pre113 is experimental so may not be stable.

Did you configure device type as "Epic 4G" and mode "Softap" so it can run in infrastructure mode? That's always worked well for me on beta 9 and previous versions. Only time it crapped out is when I fat fingered another phone model (the wrong one).

This worked great for me thanks. thanks button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm just going to leave this here..
    122300098.png

I am very pleased to announce that the Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 is now officially a CyanogenMod-supported device.
    Team EpicCM's github repositories have been merged into CyanogenMod's.

The first official build from this merge, 7.2.0 RC0, is now available.

Borrowing from Decad3nce's preamble:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    WATCH THIS VIDEO ON MTD:

- First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

We also now have an official subforum on the CyanogenMod forum site.

Download Links
    The mirror lists have moved to the CyanogenMod Forum.

GAPPS
    Download google applications

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
    WiFi Hotspot is broken. Third-party apps are known to work.
    Charging notification LED does not light until full charge is reached
    Video playback for certain encoders
    Wimax

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is nearing a somewhat completion.

New Changes
    - Fixed brightness control (noobnl)
    - WiFi appears to be stable. You may need to wipe old settings. (decad3nce, noobnl, uberpinguin)
    - Official build

Changes:
    - Fixed bad cached download mounts (noobnl)
    - Fixed overlay for video encoding/decoding (decad3nce & noobnl)
    - Fixed e911(mkasick)
    - Fixed most of the dhcpd clusterfuck(a couple more issues left)
    - Fixed init.d
    - Fixed cache errors
    - Fixed issues with logwrapper
    - MTD/yaffs2
    - Wifi is still screwy
    - Stage1/Stage2 inits
    - Updates from upstream
    - Backup/Restore fixed
    - Updated prebuilt modules
    - Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderik
    - Fixed torch overlay
    - Fixed MMS overlay
    - Fixed incoming call routing
    - Fixed mic feedback/whistling
    - Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
    - Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
    - Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134

I recommend using the EI22 modem.
    Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from Decad3nce, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nubecoder, mkasick, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.
    Moderator Message

A lot can happen over one night eh :rolleyes:?

Thread cleaned!

stayontopic.gif