DONT step on the DEV´s FEET!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ruskprick

Feb 17, 2009
There is a couple of threads started by the main Devs,that have been closed lately.
All b´coz ignorant and stupid ppl keep asking the same quiestions over again.Since they are superiour at devoloping roms,but have a hard time getting same questions all the time shuffeld upon them,time over time,the treads gets closed all the time to us uber users sad disapointment.If i had the power i would shoot all the wrong posters in the head,but i dont have the the power to do that.This is not a democracy,soo think before u post any stupid question that might offend the allmighty devs,or the treads might get closed.Remember,You are in the hands of the Devs,they have ALL the might to shut u down,We are ALL in the hands of the allmighty DEVS.
So ask ur self,can u live without the roms,can your life continue with an originar rom from lets say Samsung?Or are u here bcoz of ur curiosity?Are u here bcoz of the fun of trying lotz of diffrent roms?OR as me,just to try out something else?
I for sure can live with out the roms that codeworkz and he´s friends develop.Would my life be porer with out their roms?Nah dont think so,if there only were TW roms i would still be fine,but the option to choose is always better.Do i feel the need to kiss some devs ass to get googles latest,with all the bugs and annoying faults?Sure not.Im 40 years old,ive learned to hold my breath,theres no greener grass on the other side.My phone will still function as intended even without major Devs roms.
So,do i dont appriciate the work they do for free?Hell yes i do!For free?Well,some of us guys do donate,so for free isnt true.
Do i think Devs should be treated like gods?Nope,i think they should live by the same rules as all of us do,threat others with respect.!

Visentinel

May 29, 2007
Washington
Wagtwo and Ricky are prime examples of what this post is all about.

I to would shoot them if I could.

+1

sent from I9100 using Omega

mwazeer1

Jul 25, 2011
Kuwait
For noob questions entire development is stopped by codeworkx... As we all are noobs is this our faults... Every body in this world are not doctors, engineers or developers. Sorry noob people this is our fault...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

N

Neo3000

For noob questions entire development is stopped by codeworkx... As we all are noobs is this our faults... Every body in this world are not doctors, engineers or developers. Sorry noob people this is our fault...

Ps. Every membership now should be invite only. And yes thread should be closed as it will attract nothing but people disagreeing with the OP. But respect to him for his opinion though

Link in my signature should be spreaded in every new members inbox when they register and also the video by xda to stop them doing what is already happening on xda. Check my sig for more info in what i mean. Ps. Every membership now should be invite only. And yes thread should be closed as it will attract nothing but people disagreeing with the OP. But respect to him for his opinion though

Last edited:

DirkTeur Velserbroncx

Oct 26, 2011
VelserBroncx
+1 really fund with development on xda, but when Devs get to much
bs or noobish questions on their thread they just close it, instead of warning the person(s)
that are cluthering their thread and just in case off repeating theme selves just expell them
from xda for a period or FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what happens on most forums so why not here.
Imho this is still a forum about open source so why should you be invited only to get a
membership should we all be mail aswell to join?
Maybe cleaning up some (less used) sticky threads and getting more info, about using Q&A and the use off searching threads before asking, to new users would be something to consider ( maybe this can be done by first 20 posts opening a warning screen, that pops up at your screen, when you whant to post something that has to be checked within a scrollable popup screen) yes i know this needs some work by the mods but then youre probally done with noob questions and bs.

Just my thougts

Last edited:
N

Neo3000

+1 really fund with development on xda, but when Devs get to much
bs or noobish questions on their thread they just close it, instead of warning the person(s) that are cluthering their thread and just in case off repeating theme selves just expell them from xda for a period or FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is what happens on most forums so why not here.
Maybe cleaning up some (less used) sticky threads and getting more info, about using Q&A and the use off searching threads before asking, to new users would be something to consider ( maybe this can be done by first 20 posts opening a warning screen, that pops up at your screen, when you whant to post something that has to be checked within a scrollable popup screen) yes i know this needs some work by the mods but then youre probally done with noob questions and bs.

Just my thougts

No mate. Simple solution. Invite only to become a member. And as regarding the cm9 thread well the title said it all UNSTABLE not ready for daily use. What more than that do people need for a better explanation

DirkTeur Velserbroncx

Oct 26, 2011
VelserBroncx
You can tell people to hold their breath, cause you let one go, guess what......?
they will always tell you, you stink up the place

people are just to curious to be number 1 with their phone and firmware to read any warning what so ever about a rom thats still under heavy development
and not fully functional, we just like to wine about the problems that occur
so invite or not i think the problem stays the same

N

Neo3000

You can tell people to hold their breath, cause you let one go, guess what......?
they will always tell you, you stink up the place

people are just to curious to be number 1 with their phone and firmware to read any warning what so ever about a rom thats still under heavy development
and not fully functional, we just like to wine about the problems that occur
so invite or not i think the problem stays the same

You have a point. I mean we do not live in a perfect world after all. But my point is if xda was reverted to invite only and made the only way to be able to get the invite is by actually learning to contribute to the community then i think maybe that is the only way forward.

Gustopher

This is the second thread started by the same user in as many days expressing the same incoherent, poorly articulated babble.

Yesterday's rant about XDA being a dictatorship didn't last long before being locked and I can only hope that this worthless drivel is shut down every bit as quickly.

This outraged sense of entitlement crap is part of the problem and most certainly not the solution. It's not Devs that are making it hard work on XDA, it's people like you.

Reactions: stoney73

nutmegy

Dec 2, 2009
lol i opened a thread as well the other day.. makes that 3....but invite only would be good...

i admit i know only a little bit about Android and mobile phones, however as i work in a technical environment i understand the risks and what goes into developing.

again as i mentioned in my other thread.. XDA IS suffering as a result and it's name is being dragged through the mud across the net on other blogs and Developer forums. It's embarrassing and frankly I dont blame the Devs for leaving...

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
I feel like this is all targeted to CM9/ICS development, so let me answer this.
Hey people, calm down. We don't feel like gods at all, I can understand why you're mad, but hey, it's community's fault !
We spend hours and hours trying to bring AOSP experience to this device (and some others), and it's hard given the number of things Samsung doesn't do using Android standards. It's taking a lot of our free time, and gives us a lot of headaches.

That's one fact.

Now, you guys begged us to get an alpha, we gave it to you. What did we get in return ? The right to answers 1000000000 times the SAME questions. We made a Wiki, an FAQ, people STILL asks for dumb questions. They can't use google, they can't search a topic, they can't read, and they beg us to get an answer to their dumb questions. It's okay the first, second, third time... But when it's ALWAYS ALL TIME TIME the SAME, it gets boring, we get mad and arrogant, because we're doing all this stuff for YOU, and you can't even use the Thanks button properly. No, you come here and complain "Why **** doesn't work !!??", and you keep asking at EACH RELEASE if the SAME thing works or not, because you can't read the ChangeLog, or Google for specific terms that are inside it (like the Vendor libraries thing).

When you'll respect us, by doing a bit of work on your side, we'll get nicer. Codeworkx said it's your fault, and he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a couple of threads started by the main Devs,that have been closed lately.
    All b´coz ignorant and stupid ppl keep asking the same quiestions over again.Since they are superiour at devoloping roms,but have a hard time getting same questions all the time shuffeld upon them,time over time,the treads gets closed all the time to us uber users sad disapointment.If i had the power i would shoot all the wrong posters in the head,but i dont have the the power to do that.This is not a democracy,soo think before u post any stupid question that might offend the allmighty devs,or the treads might get closed.Remember,You are in the hands of the Devs,they have ALL the might to shut u down,We are ALL in the hands of the allmighty DEVS.
    So ask ur self,can u live without the roms,can your life continue with an originar rom from lets say Samsung?Or are u here bcoz of ur curiosity?Are u here bcoz of the fun of trying lotz of diffrent roms?OR as me,just to try out something else?
    I for sure can live with out the roms that codeworkz and he´s friends develop.Would my life be porer with out their roms?Nah dont think so,if there only were TW roms i would still be fine,but the option to choose is always better.Do i feel the need to kiss some devs ass to get googles latest,with all the bugs and annoying faults?Sure not.Im 40 years old,ive learned to hold my breath,theres no greener grass on the other side.My phone will still function as intended even without major Devs roms.
    So,do i dont appriciate the work they do for free?Hell yes i do!For free?Well,some of us guys do donate,so for free isnt true.
    Do i think Devs should be treated like gods?Nope,i think they should live by the same rules as all of us do,threat others with respect.!
    I feel like this is all targeted to CM9/ICS development, so let me answer this.
    Hey people, calm down. We don't feel like gods at all, I can understand why you're mad, but hey, it's community's fault !
    We spend hours and hours trying to bring AOSP experience to this device (and some others), and it's hard given the number of things Samsung doesn't do using Android standards. It's taking a lot of our free time, and gives us a lot of headaches.

That's one fact.

Now, you guys begged us to get an alpha, we gave it to you. What did we get in return ? The right to answers 1000000000 times the SAME questions. We made a Wiki, an FAQ, people STILL asks for dumb questions. They can't use google, they can't search a topic, they can't read, and they beg us to get an answer to their dumb questions. It's okay the first, second, third time... But when it's ALWAYS ALL TIME TIME the SAME, it gets boring, we get mad and arrogant, because we're doing all this stuff for YOU, and you can't even use the Thanks button properly. No, you come here and complain "Why **** doesn't work !!??", and you keep asking at EACH RELEASE if the SAME thing works or not, because you can't read the ChangeLog, or Google for specific terms that are inside it (like the Vendor libraries thing).

When you'll respect us, by doing a bit of work on your side, we'll get nicer. Codeworkx said it's your fault, and he's right.
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=1056

15. Keep posts/threads on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.

The attitudes of other users is not relevant to the Galaxy S II I9100.

This will be the last one of these threads I close, from now on they will be deleted/infracted.
    No we don't act as if we are superior gods. You make your posts without common sense. Instead of READING THE CHANGELOG or LIST OF BUGS, you ask stupid questions like "y my utube doesnt work on this rom, it worked on cm7". Why cant just READ THE ****** CHANGELOG!!! We set up a wiki, an faq, the changelog is always there, list of bugs always there, and yet you still ask stupid questions.

Even aside from whether you bother to read anything, you were warned that no questions would have to be answered and that it was an experimental rom. You ask your questions as if we said "This is a fully stable rom and there are 0 bugs".

Then to add on to the whole thing, users take our rom, add "ro.performance.tuning=1" to the build.prop and call it their own. For a start that isn't a real setting, its just something he made up. Then rather than donating to the real devs, you donate to him so he can buy more ram.

I'm not asking anyone for money, but when you users think that a build.prop mod is worth a donation and our full rom isn't then it really pisses us off.

We spend MONTHS do get the whole thing working and I can tell you it wasn't easy at all. Some of you complain about how it is closed-source, not because you are devs, because you know someone will come and compile the rom for you and you can finally test it. And then when we finally release the rom, you users start complaining about how things don't work and how we should fix them. You send donations to a build.prop mod. You now complain about how we are treating the users and closing the threads.

We do this in our free time, and we enjoy doing it. It is fun at times. But what makes us want to keep going when you users don't respect what we do?
    Enough already with this high-school melodramatic bull****. Let the developers develop however the hell they want to develop, and shut the **** up about it.