[MOD][GUIDE] mClock Skins | Updated 22 Dec

Search This thread

kcls

Jul 18, 2011
Near Albany NY
www.caseyls.com
Great stuff you have here, but I am stump on adding the weather? I am rooted on a Sense ROM (Supreme Sense9) and I am unable to resize the widget. Any idea how I could go about this?

side note: Using Beautiful Widgets for the weather

Thanks for your time...

You have to use a launcher (ADW EX and GO Launcher EX work) that allows for resizing and overlapping Widgets. Place your mclock, then place a 1x1 beautiful weather widget. Resize the weather so it is over the mclock and Voila.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I love mClock with all these great skins, but, no matter what I do the clock still randomly stops working. I use to think it was doing it when I killed apps by long pressing home (miui) but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Incredibly annoying

rhodiggah

Aug 11, 2010
South City
I figured that much. I was trying to avoid using a launcher (adw, L. pro n GO) and hoped there is a "resizing" app available...

You have to use a launcher (ADW EX and GO Launcher EX work) that allows for resizing and overlapping Widgets. Place your mclock, then place a 1x1 beautiful weather widget. Resize the weather so it is over the mclock and Voila.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Sent from my Speedy Evo engine... via Tapatalk!

Manni09

Dec 30, 2010
Ok folks I have another installment of my Plethora Collection coming out, but I wanted to test the waters with this Glass Flip Clock and Glass Calendar first. I hope you all like them. Enjoy for those who do. I forget who made this Clock. I just skinned it!

20110717032333.jpg

I try to modify this one. I want to change MonTueWed... into Montag on the left and 09.Januar on the right. (-->Attachment)

Code:
<UniformGrid Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" shadowamount="10"  left="-146" top="45" Columns="1" >

<Stack  horizontalalignment="Left" orientation="horizontal">
<Dayname Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" horizontalalignment="stretch" Clipping="false" left="-57" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" Case="Upper"/>
</Stack>

<Stack  horizontalalignment="Right" orientation="horizontal">
<Day Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" leadingzero="true"  Clipping="false" left="-10" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" />

<Text text="." Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" Clipping="false" left="12" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" />

<monthname Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" Clipping="false" left="24" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" Case="Upper" />
</Stack>
</UniformGrid>

Attachments

• 20120109_103212.jpg
    20120109_103212.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 489

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
I try to modify this one. I want to change MonTueWed... into Montag on the left and 09.Januar on the right. (-->Attachment)

Code:
<UniformGrid Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" shadowamount="10"  left="-146" top="45" Columns="1" >

<Stack  horizontalalignment="Left" orientation="horizontal">
<Dayname Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" horizontalalignment="stretch" Clipping="false" left="-57" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" Case="Upper"/>
</Stack>

<Stack  horizontalalignment="Right" orientation="horizontal">
<Day Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" leadingzero="true"  Clipping="false" left="-10" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" />

<Text text="." Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" Clipping="false" left="12" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" />

<monthname Font="/sdcard/mclock/MIUIgflip/ubuntu-r.ttf" FontSize="20" Clipping="false" left="24" top="16" Foreground="#dfffffff, #dfffffff" shadowcolor="#ce000000" Case="Upper" />
</Stack>
</UniformGrid>

instead of horizontal alignment="right", leave the left alignment, and next to that do left="130" and adjust it to fit properly.

Or you can center them both and do a margin="75" and adjust to fit. Keep in mind that either way, you need to leave room for the longer day/month names. You can't have seperate alignments for the same row.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA premium

Reactions: mrrick

Manni09

Dec 30, 2010
instead of horizontal alignment="right", leave the left alignment, and next to that do left="130" and adjust it to fit properly.

Or you can center them both and do a margin="75" and adjust to fit. Keep in mind that either way, you need to leave room for the longer day/month names. You can't have seperate alignments for the same row.

No change :-(

Manni09

Dec 30, 2010
Another question: always when i connect my phone as USB-Device to a computer, my mclock-skin disappeard. After disconnect the phone, i must embed the xml again. Is it normal? Can i change it?
[is this the correct thread?! if no, please correct it :) ]

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Another question: always when i connect my phone as USB-Device to a computer, my mclock-skin disappeard. After disconnect the phone, i must embed the xml again. Is it normal? Can i change it?
[is this the correct thread?! if no, please correct it :) ]

You shouldn't need to embed it again. Just wait. Open the app drawer or lock the screen. Just something that'll cause a refresh. It does that because when SD is mounted, there's no way for the app to read off it.

Reactions: Manni09

fredmode01

May 3, 2010
what have you used for the weather?

Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather

I've made myself a ribbon calendar.. I thought I could share.. :rolleyes:

(original pngs are not mine, 'found them on free web ressources, or something like that, I can't remember atm..)

2 versions included in the zip, one with date/month (DDMM) and one with month/date (MMDD)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mFbNR.jpg

I decided to make a complete pack of all my 'Rework' mClock skins.
    This will probably be the last time I use this .psd and style as I think its time to put it to rest.

I have made a few modifications from the previous versions, tidied up a few things and added some colour for those who want it.
    The small and wide style should now fit 3x1 and 4X1 widgets respectively, so no more edges being cropped!

If you have any of the previous versions I suggest deleting them before using this. (Unless you really like the shadows on the older versions)

How to:
    • Install mClock from the market.
    • Create a folder in the root of your SD card called 'mClock'.
    • Extract the .zip content into this folder.
    • Add mClock widget on your homescreen.
    • Hit "Xml Template" in the mClock settings.
    • go to /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/ and select the folder and then .xml file of desired style.

Download from attached, or DA.

Before asking for help, please make sure that you are using the correct path that is: /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/...

Enjoy folks!
    Tape mClock Skin

tape_mclock_skin_by_chrisbanks2-d4dhsfx.jpg

Got bored of job searching, so decided to have a little play on Photoshop.

The .zip contains the two style of Tapeclocks shown, both with the option of a background of your choice, shown down the left.
    The TxClck Style is the clock on the left, the Simple Style is the clock on the Right.

Credits:
    •The image came from ScotchTape Mod for CAD by kingdomsephiroth
    •The xml for the TxClck Style came from here, hence the name.

As there are a fer few variations, and I haven't tested them all, so its likely I have slipped up with a name or two somewhere, if so please let know so they can be fixed.
    Check out my DeviantArt for full instructions and a link to a .PSD template.

Quite a good post for my 100th I think :)

Enjoy.
    As promised above, here's some stuff to use with mClock..

As I said too, it's not totally my work.. some of the png's are, some xml come from other talented members here (sorry guys, I cannot remember your names.. :eek: )

All you have to do is :

- download and open the attached zip
    - extract various templates mclock file to the root of your sd card.

Follow this 2 simple rules above. I've edited and check each xml file, they all work fine.

And now friends, have fun :D
    (I won't mind if you click thanks for the time spent packing / editing all of this ;) )
    Mire

mire___mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4blbje.jpg

Mirrored Here

For the ones who love it :D
    I made a slightly bigger clock, compared to gloozy :

MI-GENIE :

mi_genie__mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4b0091.jpg

Click Click