[ROM] |July 4| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense 3.5 / Smooth / Themed / Apps2SD ¯´·.¸¸. -

Search This thread

thesssfactor

Jun 22, 2011
Li
I think I may have screwed up my phone. I was previously using MIkG v2.58 before i upgraded to this ROM. In an effort to get my VVM working again, i did a nandroid restore of my old rom to backup the voicemail, and then I did a nandroid restore back to the Sense 3.5 rom. After i did the restore of this sense 3.5 room, i saw the wallpaper background but nothing else loaded. If i pressed the power button, the screen would turn off (CRT screen-off). I took out the battery, put it back in and turned it back on and now all I see is the rings moving around in the splash screen. it has been doing this for about 10 minutes.

Any fix?

Reflash the rom and Install this apk for your voicemail
http://www.mediafire.com/?pzmsro9ch57op5l

Just use tit back up and remove your old app and reinstall this one and everything should be ok (i did this on my rom and everything worked)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

When you copied the apk's into system/app did you remember to correct the permissions?

I'm new to dev, I have no idea about permissions or anything else... I thought you could just copy and paste the apks into the system file and everything should be ok...

Do you know a good guide on dev or customizing roms?

Reactions: deven316

gyrospazjohn

Jan 9, 2009
Bristol, CT

Just use tit back up and remove your old app and reinstall this one and everything should be ok (i did this on my rom and everything worked)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I'm new to dev, I have no idea about permissions or anything else... I thought you could just copy and paste the apks into the system file and everything should be ok...

Do you know a good guide on dev or customizing roms?

I'm sure a lot of people will tell you that if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it, but if you're not concerned with messing with your phone to see what happens, there's always the "google-as-you-go" method, kind of like a "guess and check". Root Explorer is what I use to move files around and change permissions, but make sure you read up on what the app is good for before you start using it, because you can really screw up your phone if you pretend to know what you're doing.

thesssfactor

Jun 22, 2011
Li
I'm sure a lot of people will tell you that if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it, but if you're not concerned with messing with your phone to see what happens, there's always the "google-as-you-go" method, kind of like a "guess and check". Root Explorer is what I use to move files around and change permissions, but make sure you read up on what the app is good for before you start using it, because you can really screw up your phone if you pretend to know what you're doing.

So I used root explored and pasted the mms into the sysdata and it is giving me an error "sorry The application com.android.mms (process .com.android.mms) has sopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

So I am guessing I some how have to unpack the mms location in com section too and install app in sys too?

gyrospazjohn

Jan 9, 2009
Bristol, CT
So I used root explored and pasted the mms into the sysdata and it is giving me an error "sorry The application com.android.mms (process .com.android.mms) has sopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

So I am guessing I some how have to unpack the mms location in com section too and install app in sys too?

Not all .apks are compatible with all ROMs, but generally if you wanted to do what you're doing, you have to replace the existing mms.apk with the one you want to use. Keep in mind you still have to change the permissions, they're probably rw-r--r-- but you'd have to check. Once you paste the apks where you want them to go, you need to reboot and probably clear the caches.

thesssfactor

Jun 22, 2011
Li
Not all .apks are compatible with all ROMs, but generally if you wanted to do what you're doing, you have to replace the existing mms.apk with the one you want to use. Keep in mind you still have to change the permissions, they're probably rw-r--r-- but you'd have to check. Once you paste the apks where you want them to go, you need to reboot and probably clear the caches.

im lost with the permissions - u use root manager to install the apk and then what do u do to write the permissions?

gyrospazjohn

Jan 9, 2009
Bristol, CT
im lost with the permissions - u use root manager to install the apk and then what do u do to write the permissions?
Long-press on the mms.apk once you paste it, and a menu will pop up, hit "permissions" and they will pop up. If you don't know what they mean, search the forums to find out. You don't install the .apks after you paste them. Just paste, and reboot.

thesssfactor

Jun 22, 2011
Li
Long-press on the mms.apk once you paste it, and a menu will pop up, hit "permissions" and they will pop up. If you don't know what they mean, search the forums to find out. You don't install the .apks after you paste them. Just paste, and reboot.

thank man, i think i have an idea - I will try it when i get home form work and update if I have a hybird of sense 3.0 and sense 3.5

Yeah I cant get any of the mail, mms, dialer, or drop menu to load on a different rom

Last edited:

Blokgang

Sep 28, 2010
my proxy wont allow me to dl from that link in op, can someone put another link or give a dropbox link for a quick download...thanks in advance

deven316

Oct 22, 2011

Thanks for that man, Google Voice was being a pain in the ass so i'm glad to have my regular voicemail back!

I also had a few questions..

I'm going to get a new class 10 sd card in the mail here pretty soon, do you think it is worth to partition it for this ROM? I honestly don't use a lot of apps on my phone, apart from a couple games like Dead Space.

And plus, I don't have experience with partitioning but as another user said in this post, theres always the "google-as-you-go" method :p

I've also noticed that this ROM is eating away a lot of my internal memory, usually it's taking up around 330-350mb.. what can I do about this?

Last edited:

thesssfactor

Jun 22, 2011
Li
Thanks for that man, Google Voice was being a pain in the ass so i'm glad to have my regular voicemail back!

I also had a few questions..

I'm going to get a new class 10 sd card in the mail here pretty soon, do you think it is worth to partition it for this ROM? I honestly don't use a lot of apps on my phone, apart from a couple games like Dead Space.

And plus, I don't have experience with partitioning but as another user said in this post, theres always the "google-as-you-go" method :p

I've also noticed that this ROM is eating away a lot of my internal memory, usually it's taking up around 330-350mb.. what can I do about this?

I know nothing about partitioning your sd card, but I do install some of my apps on my sd card and i normally install them and then move them to sd card in setting - application - manage apps - on sd card (lol)

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

my proxy wont allow me to dl from that link in op, can someone put another link or give a dropbox link for a quick download...thanks in advance

give me 20 minutes and ill post a link 4 u

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i5p0pe (another link for the rom)

Last edited:

alexkruyer

Apr 10, 2010
best rom to date .Dec 25 version flawless but now Jan 5 version reboots randomly. Redownloaded twice and reflashed 4 times , yes I cleared delvic and cashe etc. Any more ideas I also did fix permissions. ...OK redownloaded reinstalled behaving now.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Last edited:

gyrospazjohn

Jan 9, 2009
Bristol, CT
best rom to date .Dec 25 version flawless but now Jan 5 version reboots randomly. Redownloaded twice and reflashed 4 times , yes I cleared delvic and cashe etc. Any more ideas I also did fix permissions.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
Could be a kernel issue? Are you downloading ROM from your phone or your computer? Try flashing a new kernel.

chinga98ky

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks....downloading now....your roms by far are the best....been using since the Touch Pro days....keep up the great work!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EnergyROM_EVO4G_Small.png

Welcome to the "Energy" ROM thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the EVO !

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

ROM Features

• Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
    • Based on the latest HTC Sense 3.5 leaked ROM (runnymede)
    • CRT Animation + blue overscroll
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Blue highlights instead of green
    • Deodexed, zipaligned, tweaked
    • Extra Quick Settings
    • RCMIX Tweaks
    • Improved SD card read ahead
    • Busybox + runparts, TitaniumBackup
    • Zipaligned
    • A few HTC Apps removed, like HTC Navigation and some widgets
    • A lot of junk removed
    • Stock HTC Kernel
    • Screenshot by pressing Power and Home
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Updated hosts file for ad removal
    • A lot more stuff... check the changelog below
    • Fast... Stable.. and GREAT battery life with the stock HTC kernel

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

How to Flash this ROM:

- Root your device
    - Install a custom recovery
    - Install the downloaded ROM .zip found in post #3
    - Make sure to do a Factory Reset / Wipe data/system/cache before installing ROM
    Screenshots

2012-07-02_10-34-27.jpg
    2012-07-02_10-27-48.jpg
    2012-07-02_10-27-59.jpg

2012-07-02_10-28-09.jpg
    2012-07-02_10-28-32.jpg
    2012-07-02_10-28-39.jpg

Downloads and Changelog

July 4th, 2012 (7.4.2012) (USA!)

• Cosmetic issues with USB to PC popup fixed :)
    • Added swipe to dismiss on notification manager
    • Cosmetic changes to notification manager
    • Apps2sd GUI app back in the rom.. although not sure it really works right
    • Fix tabs white text not easily readable
    • SprintZone removed
    • New framework graphics for a more consistent/professional look
    • Fixed Dock Mode app FC with weather wallpaper
    • Fixed WeatherWallpaper FCs

July 2nd, 2012 (7.2.2012)

• Chopsuey kernel back in
    • APPS2SD fixed !
    • Visual Voicemail fixed !
    • Video/Camera subsystem worked on. Camera no longer crashes when taking videos.
    • Issue with phantom voicemail notifications should be gone... (thx to thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465504)
    • SD Card read ahead buffer values optimized
    • SMS/MMS Application replaced with a more compatible version
    • Visual Voicemail app replaced and some libs to go with it.
    • Nicer DSP manager with more options
      biggrin.gif
    • Nicer sense 4 camera sounds
    • Added 4x1 Sense clock !
    • Lots of 5.07 OTA update elements in the ROM !
    • Underworld kernel built in (+modules) ! NON-SBC version...
    • Sense 4 graphics elements throughout ROM (more to be done...)
    • Revised Tweaks application (mainly remove stuff that didnt work due to RCTeam's taking their addons server down)
    • Black Sense 4 style dialer !
    • Chainfire's SuperSU instead of Superuser for root access..

March 15th, 2012 (3.15.2012)

• Updated all apps and apks to current releases
    • Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Faster camera
    • Small framework tweaks
    • ENJOY!
      smile.gif

-- snipped --

October 5th, 2011 (10.05.2011)(Sense 3.5)

• Initial Release

Click here to download

Credits:

- to all the great devs here for getting the runnymede ports started on the EVO
    - dsixda for his amazing kitchen
    - flemming for his M10Tools
    - brut.all for the apktool
    - And all other great devs that share their work for free!

A few words about this ROM....

Based off the latest RunnyMede build.
    No 4G!
    Sense 3.0 camera
    Blue highlights (where possible.. since M10tools havent been updated)
    CRT Animations
    RCMix Tweaks
    Apps2Sd
    Semi transparent Rosie and Notification pulldowns
    Extended Quick Settings
    Stock kernel
    Of course the camcorder records flawlessly in 1080p mode !
    Wallpaper previews are broken...

Other than that, a pretty good daily driver I think. Let me know what bugs you find, so I know what to fix. If you'd like to be part of the permanent beta testing team, please PM me. Be prepared to know what adb does and have a dropbox account ready :) This is not an "early accesss" program, but a way to improve the ROM by having people actively test early builds and reporting back on issues.

Enjoy!
    My 6.28 build is uploading. A lot of things have been worked on and quite a few I did not keep track of!

here's what I DID keep track of though...

• Video/Camera subsystem worked on. Camera no longer crashes when taking videos. Highest rez is 720p.
    • SD Card read ahead buffer values optimized
    • SMS/MMS Application replaced with a more compatible version
    • Visual Voicemail app replaced and some libs to go with it. Hoepfully it works now ? I have no way to test it...
    • Nicer dsp manager with more options :D
    • Nicer sense 4 camera sounds
    • Added 4x1 Sense clock !
    • Lots of 5.07 OTA update elements in the ROM !
    • Underworld kernel built in (+modules) ! NON-SBC version...
    • Sense 4 graphics elements throughout ROM (more to be done...)
    • Revised Tweaks application (mainly remove stuff that didnt work due to RCTeam's taking their addons server down)
    • Black Sense 4 style dialer !
    • Chainfire's SuperSU instead of Superuser for root access..
    • YouTube app is not in the ROM anymore (wrong apk! hehe) you'll need to download it yourself if you want youtube...

This is my starting list... now it's your turn to test it and tell me what still needs to be worked on. !