Samsung giving out +2GB on Drop Box to Note owners

Search This thread

Viamonte

May 31, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
EDIT: APPARENTLY, ONLY WORKS IF YOU ARE BRAZILIAN. Sorry for the rest of you guys, I didn't know that =/

I'm not aware of any topics stating this, so I'll publicize my discovery. If everybody already knows, please forgive me for being the slowpoke.

If you register your product's IMEI on the site you get a coupon for Dropbox that, when inserted, gives you another 2GB of storage.

I'm not sure if other countries have this promo, so if your don't, go into www.samsung.com.br, it's the brazilian site, or chose the country in the location selector. In the lower left corner of the screen there is a big dropbox icon that is the promotion thing. The instructions should be easy to follow even in a completely unknown language, or you could use Google Translator. Here goes a quick run-down anyway:

The first stage (Etapa 1) simply teaches you how to download dropbox from market. If you have to follow those instructions, don't forget to jump out the window afterwars. So just click "avançAr" (next).

The second stage teaches you how to create a dropbox account. I don't believe a single being in this forum doesn't have one, so... next.

The third stage is where you have to create your Samsung account if you don't have one yet. After that, you'll have to register your product via IMEI, which is in Settings - About Phone - Status.

As a last step, you'll get your coupon on the Samsung site, then you have to go to www.dropbox.com/coupon and insert the code.

Enjoy and click "Thanks" if this helped you =)

Last edited:

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
the site did not recognize my existing samsung account, when i enter my email it wanted to create a new one. this was not possible because i dont have a valid CPF (brasilian tax number)...

PickleHead

Dec 7, 2010
I really want this to work, but it's not taking my dropbox email. I'm pretty sure I have a brazillian note.

ZankerH

Nov 5, 2011
If you want more space on Dropbox, just make virtual PCs and "invite" them to your account. You don't even need a real e-mail to register now. No need to give out your personal data to a brazilian website.

PickleHead

Dec 7, 2010
I've already hit my referral limit (with actual referrals). Who says I'm giving samsung brazil my personal information?

Edit: I've somehow made it to the part where it asks my IMEI, but it's not taking it... Oh well! I am 95% sure my note it Brazilian.

Last edited:

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
well, it worked for me, using both the CPF and IMEI generators :) There goes an extra 2gb

I wouldn't be bothering with Dropbox since box.com gives out 50gb, but both Titanium Backup and SafeWallet both use it, so this is my everyday cloud service.

Next step - this weekend - is to bump up the storage another 8gb (depending on just how long each loop takes) via referrals on virtual pc's, as mentioned above. This link explains how: http://tippopotamus.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-get-525gb-on-dropbox-with-free.html

Last edited:

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
I downloaded the APK for HTC devices and got 23 gigs of extra space. It was really easy to get.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: APPARENTLY, ONLY WORKS IF YOU ARE BRAZILIAN. Sorry for the rest of you guys, I didn't know that =/

I'm not aware of any topics stating this, so I'll publicize my discovery. If everybody already knows, please forgive me for being the slowpoke.

If you register your product's IMEI on the site you get a coupon for Dropbox that, when inserted, gives you another 2GB of storage.

I'm not sure if other countries have this promo, so if your don't, go into www.samsung.com.br, it's the brazilian site, or chose the country in the location selector. In the lower left corner of the screen there is a big dropbox icon that is the promotion thing. The instructions should be easy to follow even in a completely unknown language, or you could use Google Translator. Here goes a quick run-down anyway:

The first stage (Etapa 1) simply teaches you how to download dropbox from market. If you have to follow those instructions, don't forget to jump out the window afterwars. So just click "avançAr" (next).

The second stage teaches you how to create a dropbox account. I don't believe a single being in this forum doesn't have one, so... next.

The third stage is where you have to create your Samsung account if you don't have one yet. After that, you'll have to register your product via IMEI, which is in Settings - About Phone - Status.

As a last step, you'll get your coupon on the Samsung site, then you have to go to www.dropbox.com/coupon and insert the code.

Enjoy and click "Thanks" if this helped you =)
    Heads up

This actually does work outside of Brasil.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23611831&postcount=105
    This actually does work outside of Brasil.
    [URL="Here are the instructions, Good Luck.]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23611831&postcount=105[/URL]

It sure does! Cheers mate!!! :D