[ROM][25-01-2012][Virtuous Quattro RC3][Android 4.0.3 AOSP Build]

Search This thread

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
That guy wasn't experiencing a bootloop.. His device is stuck on the splash screen because he is a noob and obviously did not read up on how to flash his device correctly. I'm assuming the vast majority of people are aware you need to flash the boot.img via fastboot if you use htcdev.com.

Ahh cool, at least that is a simple fix. There been any progress in figuring why some of the flashers can't boot in? I'm still curious as to what is causing it, noticed it in both forums.

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
stupid question :
how do i change input method? lol i cant seem to figure it out.
tried googling and cant find any. i held down any text boxes but the blue pointer was the thing that came up, nothing to let me select different keyboards. google says a notification about keyboard detected and want to switch bla bla bla would pop out but there isnt any for me lol. any idea?? @@

my stock keyboard seems to act weirdly. sometimes letters A, K, L, and backspace wont respond..

edit : found it! stupid me lol. in case somebody doesnt know how.. hold down space. and u'll see ur inputs. (i know some of you dont know how lol, took me 1 hour to solve this)

Last edited:

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
Hey just thought I'd share my opinion on this..

It's the first ICS rom I've tried except the early galnet miui one and I have to say that tbh I'm really not feeling this at all...

In all seriousness cm7 blows this away in terms of performance. For example scrolling in most windows doesn't work properly, it only scrolls about one screens worth no matter how much you flick. Camera doesn't work properly (but I won't hold that against it as I know no ICS cameras do) and why are the confirm and cancel buttons flipped around? I realise that those are ICS in general downfalls, but overall I find the performance very very poor compared to cm7. Typing right now with SwiftKey is even laggy and the swipe to delete gesture doesn't work?

I don't know - I'm really not trying to be a troll here and I do appreciate that there's so much work and effort goes into these roms but imo this is still pretty far from release and I don't understand how people can say it's near perfect, what rom did they use before??

Just to reiterate I do appreciate developers immensely, and I can't wait to see how this rom progresses, but for me it has a long way to go

PS typing is really frustratingly laggy and that's with the phone overclocked to 1.5ghz...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

EDIT just realised the hardware buttons rotate, that's a very nice plus

Last edited:

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
Hey just thought I'd share my opinion on this..

It's the first ICS rom I've tried except the early galnet miui one and I have to say that tbh I'm really not feeling this at all...

In all seriousness cm7 blows this away in terms of performance. For example scrolling in most windows doesn't work properly, it only scrolls about one screens worth no matter how much you flick. Camera doesn't work properly (but I won't hold that against it as I know no ICS cameras do) and why are the confirm and cancel buttons flipped around? I realise that those are ICS in general downfalls, but overall I find the performance very very poor compared to cm7. Typing right now with SwiftKey is even laggy and the swipe to delete gesture doesn't work?

I don't know - I'm really not trying to be a troll here and I do appreciate that there's so much work and effort goes into these roms but imo this is still pretty far from release and I don't understand how people can say it's near perfect, what rom did they use before??

Just to reiterate I do appreciate developers immensely, and I can't wait to see how this rom progresses, but for me it has a long way to go

PS typing is really frustratingly laggy and that's with the phone overclocked to 1.5ghz...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

controlling my urge to rage as i type this. okay first off, ics has just begun to appear and rc2 is already a huge leap towards a final build. and how many ics phones are there in the market now? ONLY ONE. GALAXY NEXUS. and how do u expect it to match up with cm7? which is across thousands of devices already? how? tell me how? well, since there's only currently one phone in the world that runs a stock ics. how many apps do u think are updated to work correctly with ics? if u post this in 2013 i'd be surprised if ics cant match up to cm7.

your comparison here is like comparing a budding flower to a full grown pine tree. dude seriously, if you want to compare, at least wait until when there's more ics phones in the market. htc edge hasn't even been released yet and we already have ics on our incredible s. dont you think we're lucky? so instead of complaining, why dont you go back to your cm7 and stop whining like a b**ch since ics is not up to your "HIGH" standard.

sorry if i was being vulgar. i just cant stand comments like this. comments like this proves that you dont know how to differentiate between a new rom and a rom that's already been on the go for very long.

ps: as a answer to the bolded part, we say this rom is near perfect because, being at such a young age, it's running without problems in terms of basic and normal use. without the inclusion of external apps. the way u say "what roms were they using before this" is definitely an insult because i can simply say this rom sucks and arhd is way better. and people are expecting new roms every minute. do you really want the devs to wait until march to release the perfect working rom? perfect? yeah perfect because somewhere in march htc might release a leak of their ics base. and do understand this build is based on galaxy nexus's dump and nothing else.

Last edited:

Raymond Ebertt

Dec 12, 2011
Surrey
Can anyone give me a break and stop telling me to look at the first page?

I am looking for a link to download this ROM for HTC Desire HD. I downloaded one about 2 weeks ago but it aborted during the flash. I am hoping that there is someone here tonight that can provide an actual "click" link so I can download this zip file and actually experience the problems everyone has posted over the 100 so pages. Just a link is all I am asking. Anyone?? Virtous Quattro RC2 ..... as of January 20th

bippo

Dec 29, 2009

I am looking for a link to download this ROM for HTC Desire HD. I downloaded one about 2 weeks ago but it aborted during the flash. I am hoping that there is someone here tonight that can provide an actual "click" link so I can download this zip file and actually experience the problems everyone has posted over the 100 so pages. Just a link is all I am asking. Anyone?? Virtous Quattro RC2 ..... as of January 20th

U are on the wrong forum, please look here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428047:)

Reactions: Raymond Ebertt

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011

n1lbz4211n.jpg

i just cant help it lol.

Reactions: djbenny1

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
sorry but im new to this ....how to flash the boot.img manually?

do you have fastboot in your pc?

gcn8e29076.jpg

if yes,

reboot ur device into bootloader, then select fastboot. if it's right, a letter saying FASTBOOT USB will appear highlighted in red.

ok now open cmd
if your fastboot folder is on ur desktop then do this : (u can name the folder anything. just make sure it has fastboot.exe and the boot.img u want to flash in the same folder)

1kj7qp285o.jpg

(the yen symbol is because i have japanese locale running on my machine)

now , your phone is already in fastboot usb mode right? ok type :

xuad03iiie.jpg

once it's done, it will say SUCCESS. and the time taken.

android win tools :
http://www.mediafire.com/?pg8t7c7wuy3u4p4

enjoy.

Reactions: Razer911

ddic

Nov 15, 2008
controlling my urge to rage as i type this. okay first off, ics has just begun to appear and rc2 is already a huge leap towards a final build. and how many ics phones are there in the market now? ONLY ONE.
release a leak of their ics base. and do understand this build is based on galaxy nexus's dump and nothing else.

Thanks from my side! :)

Last edited:

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Just had my first reboot after 24hrs, I know what caused it. Seems rotation is a bit buggy.

Was playing with landscape orientation and turned auto rotate off to try texting. After switching back to portrait mode it gave me a blank screen where I could only view what's in the statusbar but couldnt open anything.

I timed out screen to see if it would come back after wake, then it rebooted.

hasafa_m

Apr 16, 2011
do you have fastboot in your pc?

gcn8e29076.jpg

if yes,

reboot ur device into bootloader, then select fastboot. if it's right, a letter saying FASTBOOT USB will appear highlighted in red.

ok now open cmd
if your fastboot folder is on ur desktop then do this : (u can name the folder anything. just make sure it has fastboot.exe and the boot.img u want to flash in the same folder)

1kj7qp285o.jpg

(the yen symbol is because i have japanese locale running on my machine)

now , your phone is already in fastboot usb mode right? ok type :

xuad03iiie.jpg

once it's done, it will say SUCCESS. and the time taken.

android win tools :
http://www.mediafire.com/?pg8t7c7wuy3u4p4

enjoy.

thank you ,but it telling me <waiting for device>
the phone is conected and showing fastboot usb in red ??

Abedia

Apr 8, 2009
Reply to shiningarmor a few posts earlier on previous page:

Thanks, but this works for me only when I switch from Android keyboard to other keyboards that I have installed, not the way around. So there must be a better way to switch between keyboards regardless which keyboard is active.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

xseries3.png

quattroz.jpg

Welcome to Virtuous Quattro. This is a pretty much a pure AOSP build of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.

Quattro is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:

Features

• Compilied from AOSP
    • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
    • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
    • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 768Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
    • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 only)
    • Trebuchet Launcher (modified ICS launcher) credits to nebkat
    • Adavnced Power Menu, reboot recovery/bootloader etc. Credits to CM Team
    • Most recent GAPPS included.

Working
    • Sound
    • Boots withought any issue
    • Wallpapers
    • Live Wallpapers
    • Phone works 2G/3G
    • Touch
    • Keys
    • SD Card
    • Wifi
    • Sensors
    • Root
    • Headphones
    • Bluetooth
    • EGL
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Screenshots
    • Market
    • Mic
    • 3D Games
    • Gallery
    • 3D Acceleration
    • Video Playback
    • GPS
    • Tethering
    • Facebook contact sync
    • more..

Not Working
    • Video playback is very laggy via gallery app
    • more...

Supported Devices
    • Desire HD
    • Desire Z
    • Desire S
    • Incredible S

Other Stuff

Credits
    • CM Team for APM
    • Roman Birg aka romanbb
    • Giulio Cervera
    • Codeaurora Forums

Last Version Changelog:
    RC3
    -Updated adreno libs
    -Fixed in call volume
    -Other minor fixes & tweaks
    -new customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    *pick your apps/shortcuts from ROM Control
    *shows app icon on lockscreen
    -long press on toggles to bring up settings menu (on the buttons, not text)
    -new on/off icons for toggles/correctly spaced
    -battery bar revamp
    *animations while charging
    *mirrored-center style for OCD folks
    -ability to place it on your nav bar
    -WebOS recents window toggle
    -fixed volume wake and volume skip controls not playing together nicely
    -added ability to disable boot animation
    -added ability to disable bugmailer

RC2- Updated gralloc
    - Adreno proprietary libs from latest sensation leak
    - Lots of new features in Quattro Control
    - Quad/Octo lockscreen
    - Performance settings migrated to Quattro Control

RC1
    - Fixed Superuser international names
    - Camera works (credits to zbwu86) (I recommend to use LG Camera app from Market. Works better than stock app)
    - Other minor fixes & tweaks

Beta 9
    - Enabled "Volume wake" function
    - Fixed Restart
    - Fixed MMS send/receive
    - (Quattro Control) Updated translations
    - Updated Trebuchet
    - Fixed IME notifications toggle in statusbar
    - (PowerSaver) Don't enable when phone call is active/ringing

Beta 8
    - Fixed Airplane toggle
    - New toggles button style
    - Added "Volume music control" function
    - (Quattro Control) Italian translations
    - Added custom app picker for lockscreen sms
    - Disabled LED settings (not compatible with our devices)
    - Added Quad targets lockscreen options
    - New lockscreen layouts (Camera for future use)
    - Changed Music app icons

Beta 7:
    - New kernel V5 (new acpu table, updated GPU drivers)
    - Added toggles icons
    - Scrolling toggles
    - Allow clock to be pure white
    - Removed voltage settings (for now)
    - Update drag handle with proper size
    - New icon for Performance settings
    - (Quattro Control) French translations
    - (Quattro Control) Added a custom hex input (Clock settings)
    - Improved some Russian translations
    - Updated SU binary
    - Updated Google+ app
    - Updated Google Maps
    - Added ES File Explorer

Beta 6:
    -New kernel (updates in kgsl & genlock)
    -Disabled lockscreen rotation (again)
    -Added HOT Reboot (Restart) option
    -Added CPU settings (OC/Voltage(Not Supported by Kernel)/Governors)
    -Added "Hide Adb Notification" option (Developers settings)
    -Added Dream Screensaver
    -Camera app removed

Beta 5:
    -Rotating Lockscreen
    -More toggle options
    -CRT OFF working

Beta 4:
    - (Trebuchet) Homescreen scroll options
    - ADB via Network (Developers settings)
    - 3 shortcuts lockscreen
    - Quattro control RU PL DE HU translations
    - changed icon Quattro Control in settings

Beta3:
    - Added ROMControl (Quattro Tweaks) (credits to Romanbb!!!) (WIP)
    - Added Torch app (with torch from lockscreen function - hold home button)
    - Edited lockscreen shortcuts (WIP)
    - Changed About phone info style
    - Added "Long-press back button kill app" function
    - Power Save function (WIP)
    - "Volume cursor" function
    - Customizable power toggles (WIP)
    - Customizable clock styles (WIP)
    - Customizable battery styles (WIP)[/B]
    - Autolock delay function
    - changed SMS/MMS app icon

Useful Info
    We rcommend using OC/UV Beater 2 for adjusting clock speeds.

Alternate Launcher NOVA

Downloads

All download links have been moved to www.virtuousrom.com

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Check out our forums
    RC1 released

- Fixed Superuser international names
    - Camera works (credits to zbwu86) (I recommend to use LG Camera app from Market. Works better than stock app)
    - Other minor fixes & tweaks

http://hulkshare.com/vjg927fzgec8
    Awesome, now I don't have to worry about maintaining my port!

The backlight error is pretty simple (assuming this hasn't been found yet), the array in config.xml has been misnamed. Should be config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues.

Let me know if you'd like my code for softkey rotation. I'll try and submit it to CM when I get a chance but it might not be for a while.