[Kernel]Netarchy Nexus: Yerba Mate(ICS) Stable: 1.0.3 Testing: N/A (4-Jan-2012)

Search This thread

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
Gave me two errors when flashing. Nstools shows that it did not work for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
Do we have any word on whether we will see the addition of live oc? I would be in favor of this implementation.

Edit: The Bluetooth idle zip only gave me errors and fixed nothing. I am using twrp.

Edit 2: If I could also request, I would appreciate the addition of the lagfree governor. It sounds and appears to be simply an optimized ondemand governor. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

rijads

Apr 16, 2011
Sarajevo
Here are 2 screenshotss for battery use, I use it whole day, for calls, wifi is on all day long, all services running etc etc: (on cm9a20p1)
BlqQA.png
IIgm0.png

Shark_On_Land

Sep 17, 2011
San Jose, Cali
Netarchy. Ahhh sounds good to say that's my kernel again.

This and cm9. Magic.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App. Developer of brickROM, and OP of XDA Thread of The Year 2011.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPVlover

Tordp

Mar 4, 2011
Sthlm
Many thanks for this kernel, netarchy. It's been rock solid on stock ICS with Deep Idle and BLN enabled. If possible I would love to use lazy governor with this kernel. Lazy together with Screenoff Maxfreq activated is very snappy and nice to the battery. LiveOC would be great too if you have the time. :)

synaesthetic

Aug 14, 2010
Oakland, CA
Netarchy. Ahhh sounds good to say that's my kernel again.

This and cm9. Magic.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App. Developer of brickROM, and OP of XDA Thread of The Year 2011.

Agree, though CM9 barely qualifies as CyanogenMod right now, since it's missing almost every feature that differentiates CyanogenMod from stock Android. The AOSP ROM I'm using is more Cyanogen-ey than CM9 alpha!

synaesthetic

Aug 14, 2010
Oakland, CA
Just a heads up, netarchy: I've been experiencing SODs while charging overnight. It doesn't happen every day, but it's happened twice now since I started using this kernel. I don't get SODs while off the charger at all, though. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm undervolting or not. One SOD was while undervolted, the other was at stock voltages. Both occured with deepidle enabled.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Just a heads up, netarchy: I've been experiencing SODs while charging overnight. It doesn't happen every day, but it's happened twice now since I started using this kernel. I don't get SODs while off the charger at all, though. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm undervolting or not. One SOD was while undervolted, the other was at stock voltages. Both occured with deepidle enabled.

Does it only happen while using deep idle?

USB Host mode

Hi Netarchy,

Fabulous work. Your Kernels have worked so well I haven't bothered with any others :)

I hope you don't think of me as greedy for asking, but could you please consider trying to build in USB Host support

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459304

That is the biggest disappointment I came across with the Nexus S. At least they could have supplied us with an external SD slot.

Anyhow ... if you could pull this off the phone would be good for at least a couple of years.

I'm not so cheap that I wouldn't consider trying to help make it worth your while.

Keep up the good work

Floydlloyd
Vancouver
Canada

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Netarchy Nexus, Codename Yerba Mate, is a custom kernel based on the official ICS kernel sources, and the current subject of my experimentation on the Nexus-S.

Current Change List vs the stock 3.0.8 kernel:
    - Overclocking up to 1.4ghz enabled *overclocking not active by default, use a tool such as SetCPU or CM7's cpu performance settings to overclock* (Remember kids, not all phones tolerate overclocking equally)
    - Voodoo Sound driver - Courtesy of Project Voodoo
    - Voodoo Color - Courtesy of Project Voodoo
    - CIFS support
    - TUN support
    - NFS support
    - Updated kernel base (Currently 3.0.14)
    - Cpu policy fix to avoid crashes with SetCPU and screen off profiles (Courtesy of work by coolbho3000)
    - EXT4 remount tweak
    - BLN - Courtesy of work by Akent, Neldar, and Morfic
    - Custom Voltage Interface - Courtesy of Ezekeel
    - Deep Idle - Courtesy of Ezekeel
    - Backlight Dimmer - Courtesy of Ezekeel

Kernel builds are currently tested against a stock rom, while they may work unchanged in other roms, your mileage may vary.

All source code is available on my github (see signature).

Be safe, -ALWAYS- make a backup before flashing!

*Standard Disclaimer: All packaged builds are provided with no guarantees as to their safety. By flashing, you assume any and all potential risks that running a custom kernel might entail.*

*A note to overclockers: If your phone is unstable when running an overclock speed, your particular phone probably can't handle that overclock and you should choose a lower clock.*

Downloads:

Testing Version: N/A (These are testing builds that are more likely to have issues)

ICS based Nexus S and NS4G Roms:

"Stable" Version: 1.0.3

ICS based Nexus S and NS4G Roms:

Netarchy Nexus - Yerba Mate - 1.0.3 (For stock ICS)

Netarchy Nexus - Yerba Mate - 1.0.3 (Universal for non-stock ICS roms)
    Yerba Mate 1.0.1 builds up for testing

Changelog:
    Revision 1.0.1:
    - Adjust voltage cap to correctly max out at 1600mV, not 1350mV
    - Add Ezekeel's BLD and Deep Idle patches
    - Initiate construction of a new mecha-rabid naked bunny in the interests of eventual world domination
    Changelog:
    Code:
    Revision 1.0.3:
    - Add Ezekeel's fix for the cam issue that interfered with deep idle

Revision 1.0.2:
    - Fix mobile data stats not being correctly logged, the culprit responsible has been severely beaten with a feather duster
    - Testing some build/config changes in the interests of stability

Revision 1.0.1:
    - Adjust voltage cap to correctly max out at 1600mV, not 1350mV
    - Add Ezekeel's BLD and Deep Idle patches
    - Initiate construction of a new mecha-rabid naked bunny in the interests of eventual world domination

Revision 1.0:
    - Initial release
    is there going to be bfs version of this kernel ?

Yes.

My initial priority was to get something I considered "stable" on the default scheduler (that is, CFS) first. Remember, BFS is a third party patch, it's not part of the mainline kernel.

If you look at my history in kernel builds, you'll see I like to test things extensively until I'm satisfied. Sometimes that means being a little slower in implementing some requested features. It doesn't bother me if other devs pad their feature list before me. I'd prefer to be systematic and slower now rather than throwing in everything + the kitchen sink and having that many more possibilities to dig through when bugs are found.

I'll grant that my progress isn't as rapid as it has been in the past due to having less free time to dedicate to projects, but it'll get there.
    Any updates coming soon? :D

As soon as I have some free time, yes. ;D