Primes for 399 at hhgreg.com

Search This thread

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth
So I spoke with a CSR today again, about my exchange. She said that UPS will be picking up the item tomorrow and then inspecting it. I told the CSR that it was likely a manufacturer defect and not UPS damage, but she insisted that that is the process. Apparently UPS will be paying them back for the damaged product (.....), and then they will be sending me a replacement when they get stock.

When I spoke with the same CSR last week she made it seem like a much more seamless process, but I guess I will be the brave one to embark on this journey and report back to the rest of you, in case any of you try to get an exchange by mail as well.

Doing a factory reset and saying goodbye to my TFP for an unknown amount of time tomorrow :(.

What do you guys think will happen when (most likely) UPS does not take responsibility for the damage? Despite being packaged terribly, the outside (bigger) box it was shipped in seems like it is fine. the TFP box has a huge dent in it, and wasn't really protected in the lame included bubblewrap

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
So I spoke with a CSR today again, about my exchange. She said that UPS will be picking up the item tomorrow and then inspecting it. I told the CSR that it was likely a manufacturer defect and not UPS damage, but she insisted that that is the process. Apparently UPS will be paying them back for the damaged product (.....), and then they will be sending me a replacement when they get stock.

When I spoke with the same CSR last week she made it seem like a much more seamless process, but I guess I will be the brave one to embark on this journey and report back to the rest of you, in case any of you try to get an exchange by mail as well.

Doing a factory reset and saying goodbye to my TFP for an unknown amount of time tomorrow :(.

What do you guys think will happen when (most likely) UPS does not take responsibility for the damage? Despite being packaged terribly, the outside (bigger) box it was shipped in seems like it is fine. the TFP box has a huge dent in it, and wasn't really protected in the lame included bubblewrap

Man that must suck to see her go. But I think since they are retail store and they find any damage or defect, they should allow you a refund or exchange. The only problem is how long is all this going to take?

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth
Man that must suck to see her go. But I think since they are retail store and they find any damage or defect, they should allow you a refund or exchange. The only problem is how long is all this going to take?

She said two weeks last Friday, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as the next one i get has less light bleed, i'll be happy. Hopefully the delay will help, considering it might come from a different batch at that point.

Worst case scenario I get a refund, which I can live with. Nothing wrong with waiting in the world of tech, i'll just end up with something better

farplaner

Sep 30, 2011
I did ship to store, and my status is still showing as Processing... (I ordered at 11:45am on the day it was available, and it should have been early enough)

Called CS before and was told it was on the way to the store, but this is taking too long.

lethisuber

Jan 20, 2012
Sent message

So, since no employee i've talked to over the phone can tell me what partially shipped means I sent an cordial email. I've worked retail for many many years. Their inventory system must have some way of tracking the package even if it is coming via their own distribution chain.

Last edited:

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Going to take up my issues directly with ASUS. No need to clutter the forums with more complaints.

Last edited:

GernBlanston

Mar 29, 2011
Bear, DE
It's so awesome to read posts from at least 7 unique users who ordered after me and are receiving their primes before me. I ordered ship-to-store, which apparently was a mistake because my chosen store sold the stock they had to walk-ins (read: store employees) out from under the online orders. It's also nice to know I've given HHGregg an interest-free loan for their inconvenience at having to allocate all those orders. They have no idea when I'll get merchandise for my credit, but I'm sure they're using my money wisely while I wait!

Thanks, HHGregg!

Last edited:

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth
It's so awesome to read posts from at least 7 unique users who ordered after me and are receiving their primes before me. I ordered ship-to-store, which apparently was a mistake because my chosen store sold the stock they had to walk-ins (read: store employees) out from under the online orders. It's also nice to know I've given HHGregg an interest-free loan for their inconvenience at having to allocate all those orders. They have no idea when I'll get merchandise for my credit, but I'm sure they're using my money wisely while I wait!

Thanks, HHGregg!

Yeah I'm getting more and more nervous about my exchange

farplaner

Sep 30, 2011

Thanks, HHGregg!

Looks like I'm in the same boat. Never going to do ship to store again.

fathoover

Apr 26, 2010
Gave up on HHGregg and cancelled my order, horrible customer service and business practices. Good new though! NewEgg has Champagnes and Greys in stock right now. Bought a Champagne yesterday afternoon and got my tracking number this morning. 100 dollars more than the HHGregg deal but worth it to not have to wait and deal with that company ever again.

alanhzl

Aug 12, 2010

Thanks, HHGregg!

What time exactly did you order yours? I ordered mine around 12:30 ish pm eastern time. and i have called multiple times to their customer service, and was given the same pick up day, the 28th which is in 4 days. Yes, should've gone with regular deliver instead of ship to store.

Also called the store where i will be picking mine up just now, and confirmed that they do keep track of the allocation of their shipments and will fulfill the online order first before they will sell them to anyone else... but who knows.

Well i'm still keeping my hope up, the fact that they are honoring the price says something.

Will update on the 28th and let you guys know what happens.

Reactions: GernBlanston

farplaner

Sep 30, 2011
What time exactly did you order yours? I ordered mine around 12:30 ish pm eastern time. and i have called multiple times to their customer service, and was given the same pick up day, the 28th which is in 4 days. Yes, should've gone with regular deliver instead of ship to store.

Also called the store where i will be picking mine up just now, and confirmed that they do keep track of the allocation of their shipments and will fulfill the online order first before they will sell them to anyone else... but who knows.

Well i'm still keeping my hope up, the fact that they are honoring the price says something.

Will update on the 28th and let you guys know what happens.

I ordered at 11:45am EST. I guess I'll wait until the 28th too and see...

p0k3y

Mar 25, 2011
I had one from Bestbuy before I got the new one from HHGREGG, BB one seems to be better, can I return the HHGREGG one to Best Buy? do they look at serial # or just model?

I just returned the HHGregg one to Best Buy without any problem. They don't check Serial. In fact, they didn't even bother to turn it on. Anyway, since UPC is the same, it scanned fine into their system. In theory, someone could check the serial at some point and realized that it wasn't from their batch. But I doubt anything would happen at that point.

My HHGregg one seems fine, except that it has way more noticeable sensor dots on the screen. Since it's not any better than my bby one in other aspects, I figure might as well return it to bby. It actually works better for them too since it's a newer unit. Plus, who told them to be stupid and refused to price match?

GernBlanston

Mar 29, 2011
Bear, DE
What time exactly did you order yours?

Around 9:30-10, and I posted some time later on it. Another guy from this thread, I believe, ordered ship-to-store from the same store, and simply went straight in and picked it up; I did as an employee told me and waited until 2 p.m. to call back because "that is when the truck comes in"....the store didn't have record of my order until late pm, so you can guess how they oversold...

I was told to call back the following sunday, as there was another truck coming in, but that was a wash, but I was assured that day that I was "next" after new stock came in, as they had 5 total online orders to that store and delivered 3. Too bad, as of today my local distribution is still 77 in the hole..."perhaps second week of February" customer service told me today...

alanhzl

Aug 12, 2010
Around 9:30-10, and I posted some time later on it. Another guy from this thread, I believe, ordered ship-to-store from the same store, and simply went straight in and picked it up; I did as an employee told me and waited until 2 p.m. to call back because "that is when the truck comes in"....the store didn't have record of my order until late pm, so you can guess how they oversold...

I was told to call back the following sunday, as there was another truck coming in, but that was a wash, but I was assured that day that I was "next" after new stock came in, as they had 5 total online orders to that store and delivered 3. Too bad, as of today my local distribution is still 77 in the hole..."perhaps second week of February" customer service told me today...

man, wow, good to know, i m considering calling customer service and changing my order to expedite delivery.. i wonder if that would make a difference?

have you tried calling n asking "why is my friend ordered the tablet after i did but recieved it before i did?" i think we should try that n see what they say..

Spartan301

Jan 10, 2012
Tampa

Thanks, HHGregg!

You and I both sir. I walked in the store to see if they happened to have them on the 12th. of course they didn't but were supposed to get them in on Saturday. So I place my order. Now here I am still without a product, because my order, which was placed a day before they went online, was allocated to the online purchases!It's horrible, i'm pissed.

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

Last edited:

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth
Hey everyone, just an update.

Looks like UPS is taking responsibility for the light bleed, as surely it was caused by damage during transit(Yeah...Right..)

I tracked my prime and it is being delivered to somewhere in Florida (im assuming HHgregg), and it should be there Monday.

I gotta say, I am really surprised about UPS concluding that damage was in transit.

Top Liked Posts