[KERNEL][3.0.31][OC, CIFS, TUN]intersectRaven's Kernel 07/31/2012 17:34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kyuubi90

Dec 30, 2009
So... this is still a test kernel & wont allow me to soc to 1.2ghz? I tried to flash it successfully with wifi but nothing different

I heard someone got this to 1.5ghz but I have no idea how to. Anyone can help? :(

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
So... this is still a test kernel & wont allow me to soc to 1.2ghz? I tried to flash it successfully with wifi but nothing different

I heard someone got this to 1.5ghz but I have no idea how to. Anyone can help? :(

In ravens site in the op the newest ones which are in flashable zip go to 1.2

:D Newest build works great on JC's 2/1 build of ICS

Sent from my ICS Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cruel91

Jan 8, 2012
According to what he says it will only speed up to 1.2 Ghz when the it recognizes the CPU is validated. I either got no 1.2 Ghz with Stock ROM

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
As per the others wondering so am I...is it possible to OC past 1.2 on this CPU...I would like to test the waters...

No. I do not endorse OCs. The only reason 1.2Ghz is enabled here is because TI actually allows it for some validated CPUs. My allowing it for non-validated CPUs is already stretching my principles. ;)

*I'm thinking of disabling the thermal control to allow most of you to use 1.2 with no limiting based on temperature.

B3L13V3

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
No. I do not endorse OCs. The only reason 1.2Ghz is enabled here is because TI actually allows it for some validated CPUs. My allowing it for non-validated CPUs is already stretching my principles. ;)

*I'm thinking of disabling the thermal control to allow most of you to use 1.2 with no limiting based on temperature.

when it comes to this we know what were getting into, I'm happily zipping along at 1.2 in my tbolt and can reach 1.9 with no issue...I just prefer to keep it at 1.2 on aosp, 1.4 on sense (that's the sweet spot) it would be very generous of you if possible to give us a higher limit..we know the risks.

curiousGeorge

Feb 17, 2008
Saint Paul, MN
when it comes to this we know what were getting into, I'm happily zipping along at 1.2 in my tbolt and can reach 1.9 with no issue...I just prefer to keep it at 1.2 on aosp, 1.4 on sense (that's the sweet spot) it would be very generous of you if possible to give us a higher limit..we know the risks.

I second this, but I don't mean to pressure anyone. :) Thanks for the great kernel!

I would also like to benchmark this versus the stock kernel, but I don't know where the stock kernel can be found. Anyone?

Reactions: FroyoShark

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
I think a 5 slot kernel is appropriate and 1.2 has not caused any overeating or instability that I have noticed. Thinking back on my first unlocked bootloader phone (the droid 1 from Motorola) that thing was clocked at 550 out of the box but ran so much better at 800

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
I flashed his newest on a stripped cm7 rom I've been playing with and I was able to get some solid 3000s in quadrant. in performance it pegs at 50fps all the way thru which is great. all without overclocking, nice work buddy

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
I had flashed the newest one as of yesterday, and all of a sudden my Kindle crashed at 40% battery and now claims to be completely empty... :(

jfb9301

Dec 25, 2011
The shutdown problem is expected. I just didn't think that many people would actually bother shutting down their Fires. Anyways, it's a low priority but I might fix it later. :p

the shutdown problem is why I stopped using your kernel. I like it, it's smoother, but I'm not interested in having to fiddle with the KF to get it to shutdown or reboot. To me that needs to "just work."

FroyoShark

Sep 12, 2011
Minnesota
youtube.com

^This
If someone else comes out with a kernel that OC's higher I'll switch to that in a heartbeat. I'm overclocked to 1.4GHz on my phone, but only 1.2GHz on my tablet. To me that just doesn't seem right.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Also, could you please add the SmartassV2 governor?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and why did you replace the volume icon with the hot reboot icon in the lockscreen? :p

curiousGeorge

Feb 17, 2008
Saint Paul, MN
Without thermal control (set governor to performance, min and max both to 1200):

cap201202020339.png

With thermal control I only get 5598. Pretty big leap to 6105. I'm really curious what 1.5GHz could do. Considering my friends clock their 1GHz snapdragon processors (in a phone, a smaller thermal envelope!) to over 2GHz for a year, I don't think it's too risky at all.
arc-miui-dk-2.png

I also clocked my EVO 3D at 1.8GHz since the first OC module dropped. ;)

Reactions: FroyoShark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my personally compiled kernel for the Kindle Fire with a few optimizations.

Acknowledgments:
    DooMLoRD - for helping greatly in my initial trials on how to create kernels for the Fire
    g1011999 - for providing a working .config
    paulobrien - insecure boot image
    franciscofranco - for some of the ARM optimizations which I've missed since I stopped modding the N1
    hashcode - the 3.0 kernel base

Features:
    - compiled using Mjolnir
    - CPU overclocking code from OMAPZOOM repositories
    - ARM code optimizations

What doesn't work:
    same bugs as Hashcode's

Download URL:
    http://intersectraven.euroskank.com/kernels/

Latest Changes:
    20120730_08XX:
    - backported cleancache and zcache improvements from 3.4

20120709_1619:
    - added further tweaks to interactive scheduler
    - rebased experimental optimization to minimize chance of faulty merge

20120703_1041:
    - rebased to hashcode's 3.0.31 kernel with support for the touchscreen filter
    - added an experimental optimization which in theory should make the kernel a bit more responsive...at least in theory...

20120619_2251:
    - numerous ARM optimizations (most from the 2.6 series)
    - ported CM's changes to the interactive governor and low memory killer
    - GPU driver is compiled into the kernel

20120601_1145:
    - integrated latest BFQ release 4 for selection (not default) in SetCPU

20120513_1557:
    - integrated shutdown fix from hashcode

20120512_2044:
    - first 3.0 release with almost all my tweaks

20120216_1740:
    - final fix for TUN without module (if it still doesn't work, going to module in next release)
    - UTF8 support for file systems
    - some optimizations

20120211_1219:
    - minor update for fixing OpenVPN based VPNs

20120207_19XX:
    - unification release (unified all my modifications with my Galaxy Nexus kernel and restarted from scratch)
    - ARM optimizations
    - OC without thermal control
    - compiler optimizations
    - CIFS and TUN enabled
    - now based on 2.6.35.14
    - now in zip version for easier flashing

***DEPRECATED***
    Instructions (stock WiFi driver):
    1.) Boot to fastboot
    2.) Test first using fastboot boot command

Instructions (custom WiFi driver):
    1.) Turn off WiFi.
    2.) Use adb push command to push tiwlan_drv.ko to /sdcard/
    3.) Using root explorer, rename tiwlan_drv.ko from /system/etc/wifi to tiwlan_drv.ko.bak.
    4.) Usring root explorer, copy tiwlan_drv.ko from /sdcard/ to /system/etc/wifi. Make sure permissions are same with other files in directory together with owner and group being set to root.
    5.) Reboot to fastboot and TEST FIRST using fastboot boot command

Detailed instructions are on the next post. :)
    ***DEPRECATED***

GitHub:
    http://www.github.com/intersectRaven/kindle-kernel
    Detailed Instructions:

Turn off your device's WiFi.
    From your command prompt issue the ff. commands:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    idme bootmode 4002
    reboot

This will cause your kindle to reboot to fastboot mode. Issue the ff. commands:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 boot bootnew.img

This will cause the Kindle to boot TEMPORARILY to the new kernel which I assume you downloaded from me. :)
    If it doesn't boot normally, you can turn off your Kindle by holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds then turn it on again.
    This will boot your Kindle to fastboot mode again.

If the kernel didn't work:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

This will reboot your Kindle back to normal.

If the kernel worked, here's how to flash it permanently:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot bootnew.img
    fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

This should boot up with the new kernel.

Once you've booted up properly, issue the ff. commands to replace your stock WiFi driver with the new one.

Code:
    adb push tiwlan_drv.ko /system/etc/wifi/
    adb shell
    su
    cd /system/etc/wifi
    chmod 644 tiwlan_drv.ko

Ensure that the permissions, owner and group settings for the new WiFi driver are correct by issuing:

Code:
    ls -l

Turn on your WiFi. :)
    What gorvernment r u using?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Communism.
    Minor kernel release! Added interactive CPU governor. :)
    Unification Release! :)

This marks a complete restart of my kernel modifications! Branch modifications have now been back/forward-ported to/from this and my Galaxy Nexus source tree! Also, this marks a return to the roots of why I began modifying kernels! Focus is on energy consumption, compiler optimizations and code changes for more efficient processing! Also, only OC which is endorsed by the manufacturer is going to be integrated into the kernel. :D