ROMs poll

Search This thread

dirtyballoonot

Oct 12, 2010
I've been on unnamed for a while and cognition before that. I came from Cognition on the Captivate, so it's obvious I prefer a mostly stock ROM. Both of these ROMs are no longer supported though, so gathering opinions on where to go. If anyone suggests something please say why. Thanks

rhtufts

Dec 25, 2011
Bridgeport, TX
CyanogenMod is pretty nice, its my first non-stock rom. The only thing I miss is the stock Samsung alarm clock. Its worth a try for a day or two at least.

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
These kinds of thread are really a gray area for us.

On one hand, there is nothing wrong wanting to get user's opinions. For somebody who is unsure, getting experience from others about what is good and what is bad can be really useful.

On the other hand, you can't just ask "What is the best". For one, since there are different versions of android builds, no one can just say what the "best" is. For some people, the best can be the most bleeding edge build even with broken functionality. For others, they may value stability the most; and for even more, they may want a build with tons of extra features.

So, with that said - OP: i welcome you to rephrase your question, preferably about some specific ROMs that you might have in mind, as well as what your needs are. Otherwise, i will close this down per board rules..

willbs94

Dec 2, 2010
Lebanon, MO
If you know how to flash roms and you are comfortable with it then just try them. Thats the best advice any of us can really give you. Im on sensation rom and that is still alive and a great rom, but its really up to you. ShoStock is your best bet to stay stock though.

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Every quit your *****in'

ANYWAY

I've stuck with ICScrewD and Siyah for the past several months keeping up with the updates and I've been pretty pleased with my battery life and performance. I also switch to Entropy's DD occasionally. It's all stable :)

Scummy_bear

Feb 7, 2012
Try some various ones out man. Like poster above said if you feel comfortable flashing then it can become trial and error. You'll eventually find the one that suits you

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Since its still open.. Illusion-xT is a f'n solid ROM.. Some don't like the font, I love it.. battery life is awesome, smooth all around and developer is active and helpful :)

sent from my Galaxy SIII ...haha jk, I FOiLed ya!

R

Red5

Are you seriously whining because someone asked for other users OPINIONS on an internet forum? OMG close the thread quick! We cant have people discussing which roms they like!
But we already have a thread with everyone posting what version of Android and what rom they are using. Why do we need another?

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
SHOstock, is pretty fast and stable, and it still getting updates,, CM7 is awesome but they never fix the issue with the video codecs for our phone so if you have a lot of videos taken with your stock OS you will have to delete those from you SD card.

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
But we already have a thread with everyone posting what version of Android and what rom they are using. Why do we need another?

In the ops defense, the other one appears to be more based on Android version,, however you are correct that people go on to discuss the actual ROM they're running.

As for the people quoting Miami, well maybe they're just growing tired of his condescending posts :p

Back on topic, currently I'm using turkbey v 32 and like it :)

JusFig

Dec 21, 2011
New York
UnNamed 1.3.2 for me works great. Went to 2.2.1, but the battery life wasn't as good, i did dig the ICS touches. Does anyone know if flashing the KH7 modem on UnNamed 2.2.1 will fix the wifi drain?

dirtyballoonot

Oct 12, 2010
Why do these stupid threads keep happening? No one can tell you what ROM to run but you. These threads get closed for a reason.

First and foremost I'm a HUGE Miami Dolphins fan...It's a shame that you're such a facist

These kinds of thread are really a gray area for us.

On one hand, there is nothing wrong wanting to get user's opinions. For somebody who is unsure, getting experience from others about what is good and what is bad can be really useful.

On the other hand, you can't just ask "What is the best". For one, since there are different versions of android builds, no one can just say what the "best" is. For some people, the best can be the most bleeding edge build even with broken functionality. For others, they may value stability the most; and for even more, they may want a build with tons of extra features.

So, with that said - OP: i welcome you to rephrase your question, preferably about some specific ROMs that you might have in mind, as well as what your needs are. Otherwise, i will close this down per board rules..

I apologize if I wasn't clear when I said "I prefer a stock experience". I use BT extensively in my car, so I was looking for a MOSTLY stock ROM with finctionality being a priority, would prefer to keep TW as well. Basically, something along the lines of COGNITION or UNNAMED, but, a ROM that keeps getting updates. I wasn't trying to cause problems, but, I really don't feel like going through the 5000 ROMS for this phone; I didn't think asking other users opinions was that bad. I did post in the GENERAL section. I hope that clears it up, if not, delete if you must.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why do these stupid threads keep happening? No one can tell you what ROM to run but you. These threads get closed for a reason.

Are you seriously whining because someone asked for other users OPINIONS on an internet forum? OMG close the thread quick! We cant have people discussing which roms they like!

These threads are clearly made just to annoy you Miami. They don't really want anyone else opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
    ignore idiotic posts

man i have tried many different rom and my by far favorite is TURKEYROM one amazing rom all together in one rom by far best in my opinion.
    I think I tried all the current ones on this forum and ICScrewD has given me the best battery and performance so far. Currently trying out a new called ShishirROM and so far its pretty nice. Did run DoomZDay for a bit too and that one isn't bad either.

I tried MIUI but its too much like iOS and since I came from that I wanted to keep the Android stock look.

As everyone here has said the only way you will find a good rom is to try them all cause in the end it comes down to personal preference.