[Q] Skyrocket phone stuck onSamsung Logo

Search This thread

Barlaw604

Apr 3, 2011
USB Jig

Thank you for the direction on trying to get into download mode. None of the suggested methods worked, so I will try to get a jig, and go that route. I see a USB jig on Amazon for the i9100, and presume that it will work with my i727R. Thank you for all of your help.

mimart7

Nov 30, 2011
NYC
Thank you for the direction on trying to get into download mode. None of the suggested methods worked, so I will try to get a jig, and go that route. I see a USB jig on Amazon for the i9100, and presume that it will work with my i727R. Thank you for all of your help.

It will work. I have one and can confirm that it does. Good luck.

skrambled

Mar 2, 2011
New Hampshire
I use the jig I made for my previous phone, a Captivate (i897), and it works fine.

It's the same basic principle for all Sammy phones (as far as I know...): the 4 and 5 pins on the phone's micro usb port connected with approximately 300k ohms resistance. The developers at Samsung use these.

Anywho, please report back and let us know. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

atrixboy

Apr 5, 2011
I believe 330k to be exact. Search the Fun with resistors thread here on xda. You can use different sized resistors for different modes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: skrambled

skrambled

Mar 2, 2011
New Hampshire
I believe 330k to be exact. Search the Fun with resistors thread here on xda. You can use different sized resistors for different modes

Actually, 301k according to the i9100 thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275 ), but 300k seems to be close enough for most phones and is good to go by because you just need three 100k resistors.

Thanks for mentioning the thread though, I hadn't looked into this in awhile.

Reactions: atrixboy

atrixboy

Apr 5, 2011
Actually, 301k according to the i9100 thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275 ), but 300k seems to be close enough for most phones and is good to go by because you just need three 100k resistors.

Indeed it is 301k. I stand corrected. I haven't looked at it in a while and I have a home made bread board with dip switches. Old fashioned and a hair crude but she works like a champ :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all to show that you appreciate my help please hit that thnx button. I am running Sky Ice Rom which is deeply themed rom with faux123's kernel.

I'm back up and running. If I want to change my rom and kernel, what do you recommend? I midas well do everything now, while I am on work mode. Thanks for your help.
    Follow these steps it will help you go back to stock. ANd reroot your phone.

My problem is that my Rogers SGSII LTE I727R, is stuck on the logo screen, which is flashing the boot screen. When I connect the USB (even after install of Kies and Odin), my PC does not see the device. I am really not sure what to do. I think I set the wrong phone ID when I installed recovery (I think I was supposed to use the T-Mobil SGSII setting), but I selected something else. I then tried to backup the existing ROM, and am now in this unending loop. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    I did try the main process, but the problem seems to be that the my PC/Odin, don't see my phone. The USB drivers are installed, and I have the stock rom, but I can't seem to make the connection.

Try a different USB port. Avoid rear ports and hubs.