[WIDGET][1.6+] Android Battery Widget 1.0

Search This thread

philleonard

Jan 1, 2012
Hi there, this is my first app/widget. Basically a simple battery widget for the android home screen which displays your phones battery life inside the green android logo. It would be great to here your thoughts on it :) Thanks for reading!

Link: http://tinyurl.com/7odtdvn

QR code:
myapppng.jpg

Screen shots:
shot000020jt.png
shot000013.png
shot000017k.png
shot000011p.png
scaled.php

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Nice widget.
Somehow the market download takes forever (slow cloud perhaps)
One suggestion: A different charging icon for fast(AC)/slow(USB) charging.

Its hard to find this on the market unless you add a few words from "west coast labs" to the search.

philleonard

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for your replys guys!

britoso: Yes i agree with the different symbols for charging types. The download speed im unsure about, Its only 129Kb.

ts3li0t: Yeah i noticed this was a problem with some devices. A restart of the device has fixed it for the two cases i have seen with friends devices. Hopefully that will work for you. (It doesn't have an app launcher so its only in the list of widgets if thats why you cant see it). I have also seen it with other developers widgets too.. odd :p

Thanks for taking the time guys, really appreciate it!

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
The battery percentage text gets half cut off when my tablet (touchpad, cm9) is in landscape mode. Maybe the widget should be a few pixels taller.

Last edited:
Reactions: philleonard

philleonard

Jan 1, 2012

Small Update: Level now drops when it's less than 11% and again at less than 6%, with crossed eyes! Orange level at less than 31%.

And thanks for pointing that out britoso. I have only just seen your comment, but will fix it for the next update. What launcher are you using if I may ask so that i could test it out to make sure its running well? :) Thanks!

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
late post sry, it must have been a problem with the launcher (nova/tribuchet), now that widgets can be re-sized its a non-issue.

philleonard

Jan 1, 2012

Another small update (Not worthy of a new thread) :p

v1.0.2, Lightning bolt appears when plugged into DC, still a USB symbol when connected to a computer or tablet USB port. (Tiny extra; Green background when adding widget to home screen.)

Cheers! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, this is my first app/widget. Basically a simple battery widget for the android home screen which displays your phones battery life inside the green android logo. It would be great to here your thoughts on it :) Thanks for reading!

Link: http://tinyurl.com/7odtdvn

QR code:
    myapppng.jpg

Screen shots:
    shot000020jt.png
    shot000013.png
    shot000017k.png
    shot000011p.png
    scaled.php
    The battery percentage text gets half cut off when my tablet (touchpad, cm9) is in landscape mode. Maybe the widget should be a few pixels taller.