HTC Arrive cooked rom(Interop Unlock & Newest Update)

Search This thread

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
I made a rom for htc arrive that is unlocked and has the newest updates.
Please post any problems,questions and concerns. If you have any request post them as well. I will try to fix any problems ASAP.
Lastly Please post if this rom is working or not
*THIS ROM IS UNTESTED TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK

Link

recoiledsnake

Nov 15, 2007
Does tethering work on this with the latest updates? That and dev unlock are my biggest requests since almost a year after buying it.

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
it has interop unlock which is the same as dev unlock. and tethering isnt supported but I will figure out to add it for you

dandrayan

Jun 20, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
I was able to downgrade my OSPL from v4.3 to v1.25 and successfully apply the HSPL. Unfortunately, when I tried to flash your ROM, I had no success. I let my phone sit at the white HTC boot screen for five minutes but it never did anything. I tried reflashing, but got the same result. I even tried using the task29 utility as described here and that still didn't work.

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
Guys, I wouldn't personally use a rom from someone I don't know (No offense OP, but you really look fresh on the forums. Test and use your own roms before you throw it into the wild for others. :/ ) in the cooking world until there is either test proof, a credible history on this forum, and at the very least a somewhat detailed changelist similar to what Ansar post in his roms.

You guys might want to try the DFT Freedom (Sprint) official rom that I got from mwang which works with Wifi Tethering and has a complete unlock.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c2416c0/n/DFT_Freedom_Gold_C_V1_for_Sprint.7z

dandrayan

Jun 20, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Guys, I wouldn't personally use a rom from someone I don't know (No offense OP, but you really look fresh on the forums. Test and use your own roms before you throw it into the wild for others. :/ ) in the cooking world until there is either test proof, a credible history on this forum, and at the very least a somewhat detailed changelist similar to what Ansar post in his roms.

That is a pretty good rule of thumb, but I have a spare HTC Arrive which I use for testing and my daughter uses as an over-glorified Zune. It's better that I trash my spare than someone else ruin their primary unit.

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
That is a pretty good rule of thumb, but I have a spare HTC Arrive which I use for testing and my daughter uses as an over-glorified Zune. It's better that I trash my spare than someone else ruin their primary unit.

No worries there, it all comes down that it is your device, do what you wish.

But unlike what feels like in 06-08 when Windows Mobile was king, and usually people hacking their phones actually knew what they were getting themselves into. In the forums these days, I feel that only 5% of people here even know what they are really getting themselves into, and it will only creates more problems when amatures with good intentions but lack of experience make problems for a bunch of others.

Either way, if the rom ends up working, report back and tell us what may be different. :)

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
Hi I am working on fixing it the rom
@IM0001
I actully have cooked roms before the only reason that I listed it as untested is because my arrive i didnt do the hspl on as I am getting a replacement since my power button is kinda iffy. otherwise I would have tested it first but people were saying how they wanted a rom so I said well I might as well release it.

Prerna

Jun 20, 2005
Bienne
Thanks for your efforts, let us know when the ROM is fixed and thus usable.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

You guys might want to try the DFT Freedom (Sprint) official rom that I got from mwang which works with Wifi Tethering and has a complete unlock.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c2416c0/n/DFT_Freedom_Gold_C_V1_for_Sprint.7z

So it's somehow custom given the complete unlock, right? Please indicate a link of the thread regarding this rom. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a rom for htc arrive that is unlocked and has the newest updates.
    Please post any problems,questions and concerns. If you have any request post them as well. I will try to fix any problems ASAP.
    Lastly Please post if this rom is working or not
    *THIS ROM IS UNTESTED TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK

Link