[Q] The best app2sd implementation for HTC Desire

Search This thread

Haldy

Apr 17, 2008
Hi,

I'm thinking about which app2sd implementation for HTC Desire is the best. I know it depends on the ROM, but some solutions are more/less universal. Right now, I'm using CM7.1 ROM and I'm planning to try its clones (MildWild / Cibernodo Mod2Bravo) or ICS when will be final.

I'm using a microSD Sandisk Mobile Ultra 32GB, Class 6, partitioned with gParted (30GB fat32 + 1,5GB ext4).

I consider those options:
S2E (simple2ext) - probably the best solution for CM ROMs.
AMARULLZ DATA TO SD-EXT - for some people too laggy and problematic, Plus: System App Data + Dalvik in Internal, System App apk + 3rd party App Data & Apk on sd-ext
DarkTremmor A2SD Script - uses symbolic links as others. Some people reported problems too, some people are satisfied.
sibere's Data2SD - I tried with my old card (A-Data class6) , but I faced huge lags. Minus: complicated installation, no longer support for lates script for easy installation.
Proz0r's INT2SD For AOSP - no symlinks whatsoever, seems to be very good and fast. I faced some FCs after some time, but it was with old version. Minus: not universal - must be compiled for every single ROM independently.
Mounts2SD - I'm running right now, seems to be very good, fast and stable. Plus: still in development, aroma installer, lot of options, universality.

From my experiences: for the best performance (speed) is recommended to left dalvik cache in internal, and if possible also application data should stay in internal memory.

What are your experiences? What are the advantages /disadvantages of the concrete solutions according to you?

I am interested about stability (FCs, random restarts) and speed (lags)?

Last edited:

cronus101

Mar 14, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
in my experience, s2e is the best for cm7, as it is built specifically for it. I found amarullz xscript too laggy and problematic, although I've heard that it has improved lately. I tried Proz0r's INT2SD but I found it unusable - extreme lag. sibere's Data2SD was ok for me. I would recommend sibere's d2sd out of the lot, except for cm7.

Haldy

Apr 17, 2008
Thank you all for your replies ;).
I had new experience with Proz0r's INT2SD (with CM7.1) - from the beginning it was very good, but after few days I was facing FCs (force closes of many applications). Reboot helped just on short time.

Right now I decided to try Cibernodo's MOD of CM7 and I have these experience:
- with the S2E - I had again performance problem and not enough space.
- According to discussion, there were some problems also with DarkTremmor A2SD
- so I'm trying AMARULLZ solution.

I will report the performance/stability after some time.

siavash2death

Apr 16, 2011
Can i use ad2sdx for mildwild or cm7 nightly rom? If yes, where can i get that?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Haldy

Apr 17, 2008
@siavash2death: i think it will work without problem (as i'm using it also with Cibernodo ROM based on CM7 nightly), but make a backup for sure.

BTW: link is also in my first post and my signature...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm thinking about which app2sd implementation for HTC Desire is the best. I know it depends on the ROM, but some solutions are more/less universal. Right now, I'm using CM7.1 ROM and I'm planning to try its clones (MildWild / Cibernodo Mod2Bravo) or ICS when will be final.

I'm using a microSD Sandisk Mobile Ultra 32GB, Class 6, partitioned with gParted (30GB fat32 + 1,5GB ext4).

I consider those options:
    S2E (simple2ext) - probably the best solution for CM ROMs.
    AMARULLZ DATA TO SD-EXT - for some people too laggy and problematic, Plus: System App Data + Dalvik in Internal, System App apk + 3rd party App Data & Apk on sd-ext
    DarkTremmor A2SD Script - uses symbolic links as others. Some people reported problems too, some people are satisfied.
    sibere's Data2SD - I tried with my old card (A-Data class6) , but I faced huge lags. Minus: complicated installation, no longer support for lates script for easy installation.
    Proz0r's INT2SD For AOSP - no symlinks whatsoever, seems to be very good and fast. I faced some FCs after some time, but it was with old version. Minus: not universal - must be compiled for every single ROM independently.
    Mounts2SD - I'm running right now, seems to be very good, fast and stable. Plus: still in development, aroma installer, lot of options, universality.

From my experiences: for the best performance (speed) is recommended to left dalvik cache in internal, and if possible also application data should stay in internal memory.

What are your experiences? What are the advantages /disadvantages of the concrete solutions according to you?

I am interested about stability (FCs, random restarts) and speed (lags)?