Search This thread

Jimmy Flip

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Though I'd done my tests and used both some in-ear buds and Sony MDR-V150s, I figured I might as well hook up my Droid X to Adobe Audition via a Behringer USB audio interface using a 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter and see what the difference was. I flashed to a previous install of Liberty which didn't have the Beats Audio libs installed, and recorded a song to my PC via playback through Google Music. I then restored my system backup which contained the Beats Audio libraries installed, then re-captured the same song using Google Music. For both capture sessions, the volume on the Droid X was pumped to the max.

Why don't you post both wav files here so people can see (with a spectral analyser) the difference themselves before they potentially break their phone (broken codecs, bootloops, etc)? 15-30 second sample should be enough, but not altered in any other way, especially not compressed to a lossy format. Better still, don't indicate which file is before or after and we can do a blind listening test too.

Last edited:

bluemoon1221

Oct 16, 2010
i just had a couple questions before i use this.

1. I have a galaxy nexus. Should i download the samsung version or the just the normal 2.3+ version?

2. what music player should i use after i have enabled this on my phone?...
i've constantly been changing music players so i would like which works best with this enabled

209pcs

Nov 22, 2009
Merced, CA
Why don't you post both wav files here so people can see (with a spectral analyser) the difference themselves before they potentially break their phone (broken codecs, bootloops, etc)? 15-30 second sample should be enough, but not altered in any other way, especially not compressed to a lossy format. Better still, don't indicate which file is before or after and we can do a blind listening test too.

File "X"
http://www.mediafire.com/?lulwc06i9bwwy0i

File "Y"
http://www.mediafire.com/?n93q2641xqvn143

Reactions: Jimmy Flip

erik07

Jan 17, 2012
Houston, TX
It could. You tried with my mod in the previous pages and it didnt work out?

Edit: Nvm, just saw that you have a Gt-I9003, no clue about your codecs mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

anyway i can still patch this to my sister's I9100 and any codecs will not be affected right? well i just wonder, are some of the lib file should be placed in system/lib/soundfx? i compared it if i place a file for example libbeatsbass in system/lib i heard no difference, but when i put it in system/lib/soundfx, that's when i can definitely here the bass enhancement. so for the other lib files like libaudioalsa, libaudioeq, libAudioTrimmer i left it in system/lib because it has no effect in the sound so maybe these three files are like the other audio libraries originally in system/lib. as for the libsrsfx, i deleted them because when i tried to put those in soundfx folder, i get garbled bass and sound. the sound sounds better without srsfx for me. and for libcyanogen-dsp, libreverbwrapper, libvisualizer, libbundlewrapper (which i had before applying the patch) i didnt overwrite it with the files that are in the patch because when i overwrote those files, it contributes with the garbled bass and sound, same effect with srsfx. please confirm which folder the respective files should be in. thanks. for other users that doesn't hear any difference, try placing them to where i placed them. maybe then you can hear the difference. remember to always back up first. :)

macarra7

Jun 9, 2010
Guadalajara
hello thanks for this amazing mod, i have a cuestion, how can i know if this mod works, i installed on hd2 cm 7.2 and i check with the root explorer but any of the files that comes in the zip are on my rom, its that normal or the zip its not installed thanks and excuse my ingles

Number R09

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
some data as of post 431. i've been reading and following along because i think this thread is a great source of entertainment. for your enjoyment:

claims this mod works after install: 51
claims this mod doesn't work after install: 10
no idea if this mod works after install: 17
claims of problems installing or aborted installs: 28
claims of problems after install (FC, bootloops, missing data, or other undesirable effects): 51

(that's 51 'yes it works' v. 106 not working, for those keeping track)

will this mod work on my ______?: 24
claimed tests: 3
Rocko cops an attitude: 5
funny pictures: 2

terenceleechan

Jun 14, 2010
pasig
some data as of post 431. i've been reading and following along because i think this thread is a great source of entertainment. for your enjoyment:

claims of problems after install (FC, bootloops, missing data, or other undesirable effects): 51

most useful post yet :D

wltklah

Jul 29, 2011
Urbana

It's obvious that this mod doesn't work for every device with gingerbread. The devs tested on their own GS2(looks like stock rom,kernel to me), and it's claimed to work. I have I9100 and it does work(sound better than default) for me on my stock rom and kernel. Who didn't get it to work for their stock I9100??
Maybe the claim for it to work on "all" android 2.3+ is too early at this point. Also the android fragmentation problem make it worse to debug for everyone. Even though this mod says it's Beats audio, but I never expect it to be real Beats audio, as long as it improved the sound quality. I tried many DSP software, but I still find this mod give me the best sound tuning. Other EQ setting just doesn't sound right to me with the default mode like "rock, pop, classic, etc..". When I start messing with EQ myself, sound went worse. So, big thanks to the dev for the mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: rolf90

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Works on my HTC Wildfire running Rempuzzle.

The moment the phone rebooted I went and tested it with a music and niticednthat the bass is deeper.

Sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RockoDev peoject,

*New update Equalizer has been added to the app 01/06/2016

Hello is has been a long time since i have updated or maintained this Mod, i was recently received many emails and Dm's asking for links, zip, and ETC regrading the Mod so i though i could bring a little bit of support back to community to THOSE WHO ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE MOD!

Hello Welcome To Beats Audio Mod 2k16

What this includes
    *Beats Libs
    *Beats Bins
    *ETC Files
    *SRS
    *New HW files(Could affect boot for some phones Back up before Flashing)

thanks

SNOOPY33
    amarullz
    Old
    virus for bringing it to the evo first even tho i dont have a evo but thanks!!
    carl1961
    Old
    jwischka
    Quinny899
    Htc
    Beats audio
    Me
    And person who ported xloud
    _Sofos_

Working devices

Photon
    SGII
    Razr
    Atrix
    Xoom
    Galaxy tab 7.7
    A500
    Galaxy Note
    LG P990 (Optimus 2x)

How to's

if zip doesnt install files in right place(Dont Forget to R/W IN ROOT EXPLORER)

1.download zip
    2.unzip using root explorer
    3.multi select files
    4.go into system and paste were they exp system/bin-system/etc-system/libs
    5.reboot phone fix permission in recovery

Changlogs

07/31/12
    edited some files
    and build prop audio tweaks

06/29/12
    removed alot of usless files
    and updated new files must have init.d support

05/06/12
    newer leaked ice for htc
    bin,etc,libs etc files
    05/05/12
    new srs files
    framework files
    bin files

03/17
    New rezound files
    Beats Audio HW files
    bin files
    New zip
    added more audio files that were missing

03/14
    added missing files
    thanks imbawind for singing zip[/SIZE]

OLD DOWNLOADS

This ZIP is for all 2.3+ (marhensa)
    Download
    If you have a SGII or maybe any Samsung download this file "JUST SAMSUNG"( _Sofos_ )
    Download
    IF FOR SOME REASON ABOUT ZIPS DONT WORK USE DOWNLOAD03/02/12
    OLD ZIPS
    DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD03/02/12

[/CENTER]
    Im not asking for money i do this for free and so what do you want me too add you too credits take a chill pill

For abybody with negative comments take them some where else dont want to hear them and deal with them

Audio is something special.
    When you say there is an improvement, people tend to listen closer and perceive something different even if it doesn't exist.
    That's called placebo.

All I'm asking is intellectual honesty in order to not abuse of this many times proven fact.

I also think placebo-mods are affecting negatively everyone's work and also the confidence XDA users have in developers.

The solution is simple: It improves audio? That can be measured then!
    If you can't measure it, it means it does nothing.

Me, I measured, Galaxy S II. found it wasn't working. It's not an opinion or a critic. It's a fact.
    I THE ORIGINAL PERSON THAT CAME UP WITH THE IDEA AND PORTED IT

Just tested devices
    sg2

Pm' me reason alot people have not giving me credit for taking my time and work thank you

Tested, with a precise and valid methodology I use in my work and reviews

All it does is strictly no change in audio output.

If you claiming you're improving sound quality while implicitly asking for donations (aka [Donate to me] button) I strongly suggest you to bring some elements supporting your assumptions.

I might add that by distributing random files and libs you're violating several manufacturers copyrights and intellectual property.