[Q] AfterMarket Text App for Samsung Epic4G Touch problem

Search This thread

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
Is there a work-around for using a 3rd part text app (go sms pro) on the samsung epic 4g so that it does not interfere with the voice mail app on the phone?
thank you.....:confused:

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
What are you talking about? What is out doing ? You can go into settings and change what the messaging notification looks like

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
"out doing"???? what are you talking about???
I'll try to be more specific;
IF i install go sms pro (3rd party text app) and someone leaves me a voice mail message, I do not get the message. I receive a text from spring telling me to call a number......
i contact sprint tech support. i was told that the voice mail app on the phone will not work with a 3rd party text app. somehow, they are linked. once i removed the go sms app, i received my voice mail messages....
sorry i was not clearer....:(

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
"out doing"???? what are you talking about???
I'll try to be more specific;
IF i install go sms pro (3rd party text app) and someone leaves me a voice mail message, I do not get the message. I receive a text from spring telling me to call a number......
i contact sprint tech support. i was told that the voice mail app on the phone will not work with a 3rd party text app. somehow, they are linked. once i removed the go sms app, i received my voice mail messages....
sorry i was not clearer....:(

Sorry Swype is stupid sometimes... I use google voice sorry didn't know they don't work ....my wife uses handcent and has never said anything though

Also what ROM are you using ? Stock ? Aosp ?
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Last edited:

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
no problem!! i know about swype!!:D
i plan on trying handcent next. i used that one on my previous phone (droid) and it kept locking up all my apps!!!
thanks for the input

stretchwookie

no problem!! i know about swype!!:D
i plan on trying handcent next. i used that one on my previous phone (droid) and it kept locking up all my apps!!!
thanks for the input

damn. i even work for sprint and had NO idea that go sms was the culprit. me, my girlfriend, and 5 other customers all had the same thing. i just switched us all to google voice. it works great! give handcent a try and let us know, but if you prefer go, i can always help you set up GV

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
Go sms works just don't override the other notifications when you install. Uninstall reinstall then disable stock notification.

If that doesn't work I've seen a walkthrough fix on sprintusers.com

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

GREAT....Thank you. I'll give it a try. I installed Handcent last night, and it does work

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
damn. i even work for sprint and had NO idea that go sms was the culprit. me, my girlfriend, and 5 other customers all had the same thing. i just switched us all to google voice. it works great! give handcent a try and let us know, but if you prefer go, i can always help you set up GV

I'm glad I found this forum to post that to....Handcent is working fine, but I'll try the options given for go sms also. Thanks for the offer to help with GV. It's appreciated..

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
Go sms works just don't override the other notifications when you install. Uninstall reinstall then disable stock notification.

well i tried that and it's still sending me a text message from "9016" telling me to call Sprint. (I think i did!! that's the option on the go sms app to over-ride the other notifications, correct?..i did try it both ways and it isn't working)...I posted the question on sprintusers.com. i appreciate the time from all of you.
Handcent is working, so I might just go ahead and keep using that app.

1brainsurgeon

Apr 7, 2011
Gig Harbor
well i tried that and it's still sending me a text message from "9016" telling me to call Sprint. (I think i did!! that's the option on the go sms app to over-ride the other notifications, correct?..i did try it both ways and it isn't working)...I posted the question on sprintusers.com. i appreciate the time from all of you.
Handcent is working, so I might just go ahead and keep using that app.

It definitely works for go sms. You just have to make sure you're not allowing the over ride when installing. I say give it a go sms ;) again

sheldon1451

Mar 7, 2012
EUREKA!!Got it. After installing the app, go to the app --> advance settings --> Notification Settings and make certain that the box for "Enable notifications" is UNCHECKED. Problem solved! :D

Tungsten c

Mar 3, 2011
I have been using GO SMS PRO and I tell you the thing rocks with absolutely no problems. I am using it in my EPI 4G Touch with no problems.

I downloaded Handcent toady and play with it a bit but in my opinion it cna not compare.

The only thing I noticed with GO SMS is that when you attached a picture to your text if you use the GO option instead off the MMS option some people might not be able to see it.

killaphatboy

Mar 12, 2011
ponca city, oklahoma
Make sure it isn't check and you will still have notifications.

18756521-085e-7eed.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.