ICS is now available (in Nordic countries)

Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
the problem for me or for you? :D

because I have no ota available...

Ah, OK! Thought you had it...

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

am i missing something here? isn't this the same update that was leaked earlier this week? or is everyone just excited that it's now being pushed ota? :confused:

here's the link...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1529941

1. The 2 last week were 3.32.401.3 and 3.32.401.5 - the second being a 6MB addition to the first OTA
2. This new one is straight from 1.50.401.1 to 3.32.401.5 and does seem to have a few changes (1 being a mistake I reported!!)

So it's always nice to get a new file to make a new base from :)

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
10 mins and I will give u the link :)

Not very impressed with this update. Everything's nearly the same. Only a few changes and apps (google+ chat and fb chat). New sounds & everything looks much simpler (not a big fan).... That's about it. Oh and you get like 50000000000 errors and "please wait" messages at first lol

Last edited:
Reactions: adazamim and EddyOS

the-virus

Jan 13, 2009
the update is available (germany sensation XE) but when i try to install it, the device rebots and shows an attention icon (a ! insode of a triangel) with an android. but it does not start to update the device.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Try pressing volume up + power and then choose to install update from cache...might work

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
10 mins and I will give u the link :)

Not very impressed with this update. Everything's nearly the same. Only a few changes and apps (google+ chat and fb chat). New sounds & everything looks much simpler (not a big fan).... That's about it. Oh and you get like 50000000000 errors and "please wait" messages at first lol

Same as what? The leaked ICS builds? Compared to 1.50.401.1 is COMPLETELY different!

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Are you rooted (custom recovery)?
Can you upload the update file please? :D

If they had a custom recovery it wouldn't boot to the stock one would it? ;)

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
Same as what? The leaked ICS builds? Compared to 1.50.401.1 is COMPLETELY different!

I meant to the previous version of Android stock rom. I haven't flashed. I think it's pretty much the same as before... Unless something went wrong and I only got a half-upgrade LOL Lock screen is identical, menu is a lil bit different, messages simplified, all previous widgets are identical and so on.

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
both yes. were is the update stored on the device?

If you have a custom recovery the file won't flash as you HAVE to have stock. You can be S-OFF, though

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I meant to the previous version of Android stock rom. I haven't flashed. I think it's pretty much the same as before... Unless something went wrong and I only got a half-upgrade LOL

Unlikely - but Sense 3.6 is completely different to 3.0...also ICS is SO much quicker/smoother than GB

Might be worth doing a hard reset and set the phone up again from scratch - I do and it seems to help updates 'take' properly

Reactions: adazamim

vwbest16

Mar 15, 2008
Kilkis
Ah, OK! Thought you had it...

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

1. The 2 last week were 3.32.401.3 and 3.32.401.5 - the second being a 6MB addition to the first OTA
2. This new one is straight from 1.50.401.1 to 3.32.401.5 and does seem to have a few changes (1 being a mistake I reported!!)

So it's always nice to get a new file to make a new base from :)

know where I can find this little upgrade 6ΜΒ OTA 3.32.401.5?

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
Unlikely - but Sense 3.6 is completely different to 3.0...also ICS is SO much quicker/smoother than GB

Might be worth doing a hard reset and set the phone up again from scratch - I do and it seems to help updates 'take' properly
Faster, yes. But as I just edited my message; htc widgets, lock screen etc all identical to what it was before. Main differences that I can spot, are the android home buttons, menu is simplified and settings looks different and has plenty of new options. But the look of it is almost identical.

I would do a hard reset but last time I did that I lost everything (altho I had a backup, but it didn't work) so ... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: adazamim

RolandCruise

May 7, 2008
@EddyOS, is it right to run the official RUU 1.50.104.1 while I am on touch recovery and the rom in my sig ("stock" package of 3.32.401.5 by mike1986) to go back to stock setting (apart from S-OFF)?
It should put everything back to stock (recovery, hboot and everything else) right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *EDIT* This release seems to be only available in Nordic countries (and possibly Germany?) at the moment. Sensation XE is also getting the update.

Get the OTA (SENSATION, NOT XE) file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nqzlg0

Please say thanks if you downloaded. I have tons of more screenshots, but since Pocketnow decided to give credit to Engadget, instead of Xda I won't post them. Funny enough, I sent them the screenshots directly via email, yet they still credit Engadget for them lol

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Known bugs:

- Automatic Timezone shows incorrect time (only for Finnish users) GMT +3 instead of GMT +2.
    *Fix: Disable Automatic timezone

- Two spelling errors: Develop Options & Aerplane Mode

- Links do not open, but the browser takes you to the last visited website instead

Go to http://www.htc.com/europe/contact/ and send them an email requesting a fix. They'll tell you to try hard reset first, but I've done it and it didn't fix the problem.
    Does this OTA still have the typo in settings -> more .. "aeroplan" mode ?

Why is this a typo? "airplane" is a terrible Americanism, the correct English spelling/word is "Aeroplane".
    Uploading now.. Might take a while
    I've read through the thread but don't quite understand.

So I'm on stock everything, had the phone about 2 weeks and have not modified anything. Am I able to download this ota and flash it or do I need to mess with s-off etc.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

You NEED S-OFF to flash it manually but that's it

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Here's the direct HTC server link for the XE OTA file:

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_PYRAMID_L...73.401.4_P_release_246589q3t6rh79ci68p68k.zip