[ROM] Back to the Future [XBmod-Yuki][Updatable]Build 8107 Ready

Search This thread

Tarpe

Apr 30, 2010
Belgrade

silverSl!DE

Sep 8, 2008
re flash the rom v2.1 and update with WP7 Update Cab Sender this cab (7004 to 8107.Autoinstall.rar)
from
http://xboxmod.sylvester20007.com/CABS/OSBUILD.CAB/
then the SP1 update

If I've helped hit thank :D

I wanted to avoid such a complete reinstallation, but seems I have no choice. I will do it, hope it will fix my problem.
Thanx

And dont forget to flash the 2.12.xx RADIO after finishing your configuration, etc.
since many wrote that the 2.12 improves the battery live, i gave it today a shot.
BTTF2.1, full charge => Radio 2.15.50.xx => full charge => after 5h: ~20%, 1h left
Full charge => Radio 2.12.50.xx => full charge => after 10h: ~80%, 1day and 9h left:)
allways 3G on. Wifi and BT off in BOTH cases.

Reactions: xnnc and Tarpe

Tarpe

Apr 30, 2010
Belgrade
And dont forget to flash the 2.12.xx RADIO after finishing your configuration, etc.
since many wrote that the 2.12 improves the battery live, i gave it today a shot.
BTTF2.1, full charge => Radio 2.15.50.xx => full charge => after 5h: ~20%, 1h left
Full charge => Radio 2.12.50.xx => full charge => after 10h: ~80%, 1day and 9h left:)

-----------Requirements: -----------
1• Hard SPL 2.08 or higher
2• Radio which support 576 RAM.(Radio 2.15.50...)
3• Magldr1.13

Are you sure that the radio 2.12.50.xx will work with the Rom, have you tried?:confused:

I have used this rom for over five months and worked great, but with radio 2.15.50.14,it was stable, just a camera had a low resolution recording, the battery is kept about day and a half on the Internet over 2G connection, the WiFi 10 hours maximum,nevertheless it is worth a try! :D

Phone: HD2 EU 512
Android Build: UrDroid HTC Sensation XL Stock
Current Kernel: Marc1706 v0.1.9
Loader: MagLdr 1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6
Radio: 2.15.50.14

Last edited:

NET800

Feb 6, 2010
XBmod_Yuki_v2.1 won't work: help please!

Hi, I really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have had Windows Phone 7 working on my HD2 for about a week using XBmod_Yuki_v2.1 and then upgrading via zune or cab_loader to 8107 with SP1. I recently tried to use the cab_loader to install DEV_XAP_IE_DEPLOYER and my phone has not worked correctly since. The cab load failed with an error and the phone kept looping through reboots so I tried to use cabloader to restore.... this got to 99% and then failed with an error. I tried to use Zune to restore and this did exactly the same. I suspected that something has gone wrong with my SD card.
So I gave up and reflashed a WINMob6.5 ROM in order to start again. The WinMob6.5 (RUU_Leo_S_HTC_WWE_3.14.405.2_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14_LEO_S_Ship) works perfectly, but of course my SD card (Kingston 16GB Class 2) is now invisible.
Now re-flash MAGLDR113. That also works fine.
Use MAGLDR to 'use last 24 NAND' and 'clear SD MBR'.
Flash XBmod_Yuki_v2.1: This completes successfully and the phone reboots BUT...
The screen 'HTC Quietly brilliant loads' and then the screen changes to the black and white graphic showing the phone and a PC that suggests I should connect to the PC (this is similar to the graphic when cab uploads are in progress but shows the phone as disconnected rather than 'do not disconnect').... nothing I now do will get it off the screen without a power down, soft reset or hard reset, but in all these cases the phone boots back into the same black and white graphic.
I have tried the whole process again starting from WinMob6.5 several times with the original SD card, two new SD cards and also without any SD card and it always does the same thing.
Each time I reflash the old WinMob6.5 ROM, it works fine.
Please can anyone help or know where there is another thread with information? Many thanks.

NET800

Feb 6, 2010
Task 29: No Cigar!

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid task 29 did not help. It seemed to complete successfully as did re-flashing MAGLDR but after flashing the WP7 ROM and restarting, the dreaded 'black and white graphic' was back.

Any further suggestions anyone? Or am I doomed to life with WinMob6.5?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid task 29 did not help. It seemed to complete successfully as did re-flashing MAGLDR but after flashing the WP7 ROM and restarting, the dreaded 'black and white graphic' was back.

Any further suggestions anyone? Or am I doomed to life with WinMob6.5?

try and (r)estore your phone again. It may error, especially as you are now on 7004.
But it seems to be an incomplete update which is causing you grief. see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17408614&postcount=2873
If the above don't work. Have you left the phone connected to pc(with or without zune) for any length of time? It may suddenly decide to give an error and exit.
Sorry if not much help

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Doesn't work for me :mad:
Did anyone manage to make SMS Backup work ?
I managed to upload to skydrive about a month or so ago using this ROM, but the app seems to have been updated since then. Also I copied pim index.vol and store.vol which is how the app does it now. I am still hoping to retrieve them at some point.:eek: Hopefully when new ROM arrives:)
You can't blame the devs for this, microsoft messed up badly here with sms and call logs.

Reactions: NET800

NET800

Feb 6, 2010
try and (r)estore your phone again. It may error, especially as you are now on 7004.
But it seems to be an incomplete update which is causing you grief. see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17408614&postcount=2873
If the above don't work. Have you left the phone connected to pc(with or without zune) for any length of time? It may suddenly decide to give an error and exit.
Sorry if not much help.

Thanks for trying but I don't think that is what is happening. I have some more information but I think I am heading towards a dead end.
The graphic that comes up is basically saying 'please connect your phone to the PC'.
If I launch Zune whilst the phone restarts, then when the graphic appears, the PC recognises device 'HD2' and Zune immediately says there is an error, please try to restore your phone. But restore fails with error C101002E.
Googling this turned up several people who have had the same problem on their HD7 phones but it turns out this is because their camera button is stuck down. It appears that this is a 'diagnostic mode' of WP7. On microsoft support it says that there are some recovery actions you can do using Windows Phone Support Tool and to start these off you hold down the camera button during power up until the 'please connect your phone to the PC' graphic appears..... yes the very same graphic I am getting.

So this tells me that this is simply part of the WP7 software; it looks as though my phone thinks the camera button is held down on power up... of course this is a problem because I am on an HD2 which doesn't have a camera button.

It then turns out that if you remove the battery then the phone will power up into WP7 (hooray! and it reports that I am successfully on 7004) BUT.... this only works the first time you have removed and replaced the battery. Every time after that the same graphic appears. This means I can't do any updates using either Zune or the CAB loader because of course as part of the update it restarts the phone and the dreaded graphic appears and the update fails.
Arghhhh!!!!!!!
P.S. I also tried using the Microsoft Windows Phone Support Tool as described in the MS article ... but that simply reports 'phone cannot be recovered...contact support'.

swefla

May 18, 2010
So finally back on XBmod_Yuki_v2.1 because i think this is one of the most stable ROMs.

hopefully we hear some positiv news from xboxmod in near future!

thanks for your great work xboxmod!

NET800

Feb 6, 2010
It could be that your phone has a hardware fault on one of the keys.
Looking at (edit: see original post) the text file says that LHS hardkey is camera by default. you could try removing battery (or press reset button under back cover, it saves possibly bending pins) then on startup, send an alternative keymap. It might work.

Thanks for the suggestion... it inspired me to keep trying! Two problems with the theory... 1) I can't up load any cabs and therefore no apps because of the 'restart' problem and 2) The keys all seem to be fine... for example I can play Tetris in MAGLDR just fine :)
However, there is basically one thing I can do and that is flash ROMs because they don't require a reboot of the phone before they start....
It turns out if I flash the rather large, straight to 8107 Pdaimatejam ROM, then the problem disappears.... even more strange is that I can now go back to square one and use the XBMOD_Yuki_v2.1 and the problem has still disappeared.....:D If a reflash to a different ROM worked why would Task29 not do the job? All very mysterious....
Many thanks for your suggestions... onward and upward.... hopefully!

Reactions: Robbie P

xnnc

Jan 28, 2009
Vayres
xnnc.wordpress.com
Try this smsbackup app beforehand http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448197 it might work, and may restore in the future.
Thank you, but in fact I really don't care about keeping sms ;) But thank you anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I tried to only flash ther radio rom with 2.12.50.xx as you adviced before trying a complete reinstallation, but nothing changed for me... Well, I think I have no choice then, have to reflash from beginning.
But one question : Do I have to reinstall winmo before ? and what about my SDCard which is wp7 locked ? Or can I just flash v2.1 over my actual wp7?
Many thanks

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
You are welcome:)
You should flash winmo
IMHO dont worry about unlocking and formatting your SD but you can if you want, it don't take long and the ROM instructions advise you to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XBmod-Yuki Rom V 2.10 for HTC HD2

This post is dedicated to the XBmod-Yuki rom V 2.10 The Only Updatable Custom Rom for HTC HD2 (Leo).
    Facebook Page

Tired to change all the settings of your Phone everytime a new OS build is out!!!
    me to!
    this rom as Ability to receive official & custom update cab
    all your settings will stay after update like an official device & even after a hard reset the cab installed will stay.
    So enjoy the rom and the new system of cabs to peronalize your rom.

XBmod FTP REPOSITORY

-----------Requirements: -----------
    1• Hard SPL 2.08 or higher
    2• Radio which support 576 RAM.(Radio 2.15.50...)
    3• Magldr1.13

ROM Languages:
    All WP7 Official Languages can be installed by cab Link
    OEM version:
    Updatable by cab
    Windows Phone version:
    7.0.7004.0 -> 7.10.8107-> 7.10.????.?? :)
    Radio version:
    5.51T.09.29a_22.32.50.10U

----Features----
    - Ability to Install Mango 8107 Build & more.
    - Ability to Install Developers Update Cab. (Fixed with V2.00)
    - Updatable via zune (confirmed for build 7740)
    - Root, chevron and unlock features already in and reaplied after an update
    (apply sp1 After 7740)
    -Zune backup & restore enabled
    -2.1 introduce beta Multitouch driver. Thanks AnDim

----Know issue-----
    - Take care your SDcard is encrypted since the first boot like a real WP7 Device.
    Look Update Thread for Fix.

----How to Update: ----
    -1st it's recommended to flash an old rom wm 6.5 and let it boot entirely
    -Format your SD card too
    -Flash magldr 1.13
    -Enable 24MB extra memory in Magldr services
    -Delete MBR of SDcard in Magldr services
    -Flash the rom with DWI & Set a correct time & date.
    -Install the lastest version of zune client.
    - You can Run the zune update process like a real WP7 device & go to build 8107.
    -but it's better to look the cab thread and install os update via cab this is really faster than zune.
    Update Cab tweak thread

Personaly i'm updating this way:
    -7004 => 7403
    -7403 => 7720
    -7720 => 7740
    -Update SP1 or after 8107
    -7740 => 8107
    -operator cab,xap deployer,skin,ect.
    -set time & date
    -sync live id
    -reboot
    -sync to zune
    ROM DOWNLOAD LINK:
    XBmod-Yuki 2.1
    NOT all SD Cards are compatible with WP7.
    If your card isn't compatible with WP7, it won't be used for data storage &
    it may cause random reboots,freeze & update error.
    It very recommended to use SDHC 2Go minimum.
    Use a good quality SDcard for best performance
    if you have any problems with SDcard after first 7004 flash (boot in loop) or can't upgrade 7403
    read this.

How to hard reset wp7:
    (When Magldr show WPH LOAD 12345 GO GO GO Press Vol+ & Vol- then after the new screen press VOL- twice.)
    Optional Customisation & Tweak Cab

Soon new process....
    Create your own WP7 update packages.

Post Moved in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1250869
    Skin & taskbar cab

For future update..............
    Hi Guys, I am compiling an FAQ for your reference as this is a very popular thread (to say the least). Can i please ask for your help and in compiling this list by PM'ing me timmymarsh with your question and the relevant answer so I can add this to the list, thanks.

Tim.

FAQ's [Frequently Asked Questions] - (in no particular order ;) )

• I have flashed v1 and installed the whole process, should i flash v2? >>> Yes, it will fix a few issues experienced with v1, such as encrypted card whilst allowing auto update in the future to work. :)
    • Bluetooth does not work properly? >>> Turn on wifi and reboot, bluetooth should now work correctly.
    • My wifi doesnt work, what can i do? >>> Try setting a different (lower) channel on your router and reboot your phone.
    • My Battery seems to drain quickly, help? >>> Try the "old camera trick" HERE
    • How can i side load my XAP's because WPDM doesnt yet support Mango? >>> Use Toms XAP installer found HERE (Thanks Tom ;) ) {Dont worry if you get error messages, the XAP is still installed - just check :) )
    • I cannot side load xap's, why? >>> did you remember to reset your phone from within settings? (i guess not ;) )
    • Is there a step by step guide, im struggling with the process? >>> There are many around, like THIS ONE (thanks fella :) )
    • I have an answer i want to share with you all and it should be added to this list >>> PM timmymarsh with the link to the answer along with the question :)
    • Solution for low volume, only one headset ear working >>> Phone settings --> Accessibility --> TTY/TDD-mode: Disabled/off
    • My Battery drain is still high >>> Try THIS trick it may help.
    • If visual voicemail is activated on your account, but connecting times out when trying to set it up on the phone >> Text Message "Activate:dt=6" to 122. It changes the necessary registry setting.
    • Bluetooth problems?? >> see this post
    • Youve installed Mango but the device appears to be locked (cant side load any xap's?) - You should have hard reset after upgrading to Mango as per the instructions........ but if you havent or it didnt work, try THIS