[APP][4.0+] Wayk - An Alarm About Wayking Up

Search This thread

APrinceAmongMen

Jan 14, 2009
Yorba Linda
www.ai-android.com
Hey man, I want to thank you for this app, and not just that but i love how you're taking in all the suggestions. Great developer. Will be using this app for a while. thanks :)
My pleasure! This app is designed for you and I want to make sure you're completely satisfied! :)

this app is awesome...however is there a setting to make it so i have to press a button to disable the alarm...i think simply moving the phone is wayyy to sensitive...in a half-sleep state i feel like i could easy touch my phone and fall back a sleep...especially if im trying to "wave" and enable snooze
We've tried to make the wave as smart as possible. After a wave, the app waits 5 seconds before trying to recognize a movement for dismiss. The dismiss movement has to be about 1 second long before it'll be enough to cause a dismiss. We tried to make it so that dismiss only happens when you are actually reading your morning scoop or out of bed carrying your phone with you. Try it out and let us know how it works
Can't confirm it right now, don't have my phone, but there is a option to disable the waving feature but im not sure how you would snooze after that..
Correct, there is an option disable the waving feature. When the wave is disabled, you have snooze and dismiss buttons on the screen when the alarm goes off just like stock.

It's important that you let us know how the wave and smart dismiss is working out for all of you. We'd like to get the algorithm pitch perfect so that it does exactly what you want it to do!

p.s. big update planned for sunday

Last edited:
Reactions: xriderx66

ankanb

Apr 9, 2011
Hello, the app looks really nice and I like the concept, am looking forward to new versions.
Currently, I have the same problems as reported by someone else previously for a custom ICS ROM.

- The ringtone the alarm uses is not the one I choose but the stock one
- Except for the first time I used it, it force closes when snoozing and doesn't show any of the feed selected

Also,

- Calendar did not load when selected to show the agenda
- Would prefer an option to choose the weather display unit (I live in metric land)

Reactions: APrinceAmongMen

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
this app is awesome...however is there a setting to make it so i have to press a button to disable the alarm...i think simply moving the phone is wayyy to sensitive...in a half-sleep state i feel like i could easy touch my phone and fall back a sleep...especially if im trying to "wave" and enable snooze

there is...my complaint isnt with the waving...its with the touch to disable...im saying in an effort to "wave" to snooze i might accidently tap my phone if im mid sleep...i think a button to disable would work a lot better..simply touching your phone doesnt confirm that you are awake...you dont have to look at or concentrate on anything...thats why a lot of apps have math problems and stuff...im just asking for a button

APrinceAmongMen

Jan 14, 2009
Yorba Linda
www.ai-android.com
Hello, the app looks really nice and I like the concept, am looking forward to new versions.
Currently, I have the same problems as reported by someone else previously for a custom ICS ROM.

- The ringtone the alarm uses is not the one I choose but the stock one
- Except for the first time I used it, it force closes when snoozing and doesn't show any of the feed selected

Also,

- Calendar did not load when selected to show the agenda
- Would prefer an option to choose the weather display unit (I live in metric land)

Hmm... it seems our ICS support needs some serious work. It's strange that it's almost incompletely backwards compatible. Thanks for getting all those bugs pointed out. And weather unit feature will be added, thanks for the suggestion!

Are these the sentioui guys.?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
No, we're Senti not Sentio, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. They look promising!

there is...my complaint isnt with the waving...its with the touch to disable...im saying in an effort to "wave" to snooze i might accidently tap my phone if im mid sleep...i think a button to disable would work a lot better..simply touching your phone doesnt confirm that you are awake...you dont have to look at or concentrate on anything...thats why a lot of apps have math problems and stuff...im just asking for a button

I see your point. The dismiss is not a "touch" to dismiss, its a "shake" to dismiss. The shake has been set up so that you cannot accidently dismiss the alarm.

To all ICS users (and anyone else with force closes), I am currently uploading a new version of the apk that will help with bug tracking so we can get those squared away by Sunday. The link is in the OP. Please download the new version and get those force closes popping up! Thanks!

Last edited:

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
So I let it wake me up this morning. My impressions:

- The wave thing is maybe not as sensitive as I would like. My hand had to be right on top of the phone, nearly touching it, to get the thing to snooze. I mean I can do it, but half-awake me was getting a tad frustrated having to wave it three times at varying heights to get it to snooze.

- As someone else reported, it seems to be playing a stock ringer instead of the one I chose. Doesn't seem to be an ICS problem, as I'm running Touchwiz Gingerbread

- Despite having both Wifi and GPS enabled on the phone, and several widgets I have running that were able to grab the weather okay, the robot voice told me the weather was "unavailable" when I finally dismissed the thing. Where is the weather info pulling from?

- I like the news feed and daily agenda thing. I think it would be cool if it could read your agenda for the day too when it reads the weather, i.e. "Today you have appointment: blah blah blah at 2:30 PM"

APrinceAmongMen

Jan 14, 2009
Yorba Linda
www.ai-android.com
So I let it wake me up this morning. My impressions:

- The wave thing is maybe not as sensitive as I would like. My hand had to be right on top of the phone, nearly touching it, to get the thing to snooze. I mean I can do it, but half-awake me was getting a tad frustrated having to wave it three times at varying heights to get it to snooze.

- As someone else reported, it seems to be playing a stock ringer instead of the one I chose. Doesn't seem to be an ICS problem, as I'm running Touchwiz Gingerbread

- Despite having both Wifi and GPS enabled on the phone, and several widgets I have running that were able to grab the weather okay, the robot voice told me the weather was "unavailable" when I finally dismissed the thing. Where is the weather info pulling from?

- I like the news feed and daily agenda thing. I think it would be cool if it could read your agenda for the day too when it reads the weather, i.e. "Today you have appointment: blah blah blah at 2:30 PM"
What phone model do you have?

The ringtone will be fixed. We've juat been able to replicate the issue. It will be in the sunday update.
The weather is pulled from Google's unofficial weather API. The app currently only uses network location. Looks like we'll add a GPS fall back.

About the voice reading your agenda. We had thought of that but we're not going to implement it yet. Not until we get one of the other voice engines

on board with our app, since the stock voice is really hard on the ears.

so good, i like the UI
Glad you like it!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
doesnt seem like it takes a "Shake" to disable..even if its a 1 sec. touch disable...i think that i would probably grab my phone as a force of habit when it goes off in the morning even if i wanted to snooze...anyway...i suppose its fine how it is...just giving my opinion...a button to disable (while keeping the wave feature) would be great

APrinceAmongMen

Jan 14, 2009
Yorba Linda
www.ai-android.com
doesnt seem like it takes a "Shake" to disable..even if its a 1 sec. touch disable...i think that i would probably grab my phone as a force of habit when it goes off in the morning even if i wanted to snooze...anyway...i suppose its fine how it is...just giving my opinion...a button to disable (while keeping the wave feature) would be great

No problem. We'll work on the dismiss!

P.S. The apk has been updated, so if you haven't downloaded it, please do! We need to get all these force closes completely squared away by Sunday

Last edited:

stkfigure

Oct 23, 2011
Mumbai
Downloaded testing now, will leave feedback as soon as I'm done testing.

Edit- I tried it out, works smoothly, no force closes. I love the UI, great job with it. Just one thing was bugging me, I just couldn't add a +1min to the time on the alarm clock. Also, there aren't any weather settings. So since I use the Celsius scale in my country, im not familiar with Fahrenheit.
Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using xda premium

Last edited:

Fuzz21

Aug 23, 2010
Toronto
Implementation: Naming convention :)

Will you be implementing the function to Name the different Alarms according to their function ?

Example (8am - Time to get my mail)

So far so good, great job :D

P.s I have already replaced my stock alarm clock with this, love the simplicity and speed that would be the stand out functions for me!

APrinceAmongMen

Jan 14, 2009
Yorba Linda
www.ai-android.com
Sprint Epic 4G Touch (i.e. Samsung Galaxy SII)

The Samsung galaxy should have some primo sensors. No worries though, we're adding front facing camera support
in the next update!

Am looking forward to Sunday so I can try this. :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Looks like that ICS support will have to be rock solid! :D

If you want i can translate the strings into german.

Created with Galaxy S AOKP

That would be absolutely fantastic! PMing now. :D

Downloaded testing now, will leave feedback as soon as I'm done testing.

Edit- I tried it out, works smoothly, no force closes. I love the UI, great job with it. Just one thing was bugging me, I just couldn't add a +1min to the time on the alarm clock. Also, there aren't any weather settings. So since I use the Celsius scale in my country, im not familiar with Fahrenheit.
Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using xda premium

We're working on the +1 min for the next update (currently, you can +1 by tapping on the active 5 minute wedge). Thanks for pointing out the weather. We'll add automatic units in the next update!

thanks for taking my input into account...glad to see developers listening to the users

Definitely. We're developing for you after all. :D

Will you be implementing the function to Name the different Alarms according to their function ?

Example (8am - Time to get my mail)

So far so good, great job :D

P.s I have already replaced my stock alarm clock with this, love the simplicity and speed that would be the stand out functions for me!
We felt that this wasn't a commonly used feature so we didn't add it, because we didn't want to clutter up the UI. But... since you requested it, we'll add it! It'll be an option in the settings :D

Again, thank you all for the feedback! The people of XDA never cease to amaze me. Rock on you guys, rock on. :D

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

C

chemist80

Really good job, loving it. Waking up has become slightly more tolerable

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Amazing, confirmed working on HTC Evo 3D running MIUI 2.2.17, fits nicely with with my MIUI 4.1 theme :) great work guys

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Bluerai

Feb 18, 2011
I still can't change the alarm sound to say, a song that I have from gosms
When I change ringtones I have the option to use gosms and can get to my music from there, but it never sticks, it stays on my current system ringtone

Not a big deal though, I found a decent enough system ringtone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wayk is back!

senti-wayk-promo-banner-press.png

Wayk

Wayk - Play Store Link - Mobile - $4
    Wayk - Play Store - Desktop - $4

Got any ideas, suggestions, fixes?
    Post in this thread, tweet @sentiapps or Facebook us at facebook.com/sentiapps :)

//////////// WE'RE BACK!

Hello again everyone!

After a far too long hiatus building out the Whisper app, (whisper.sh, check it out). We're back for some Senti madness. We've learned a hell of a lot over the past year and are ready to drop some delicious app goodness on you guys. We started by rebooting Wayk. We rebuilt Wayk from the ground up to be a lean, mean, Wayking machine. It's working wonderfully, and we're soft launching this puppy one more time. We've got some sweet features and upgrades in store for you guys and just can't wait to get it all out!

Glad to be back,
    Cheers!

////////////////////////// Original Post

Hi everyone,

This is Zed, a noobie developer at Senti. We just soft-launched our first app and I wanted this wonderful community to help us test it out and gather feedback before we started to promote this bad boy.

The app is called Wayk. What we've done is try to completely revamp the way you interact with your alarm. We've created an actual wedge clock that makes setting most alarm times only two taps away. We've also made it so that you just have to wave your hand over the phone to snooze it in the morning. You're greeted with a voice response. We've added your calendar and news feeds for you to read when you wake up in an easy to read format.

We've got a lot to add to this app, but we wanted to guage your interest before putting in the time, because we do have quite a few apps in the labs right now.

We'd really appreciate bug reports, feature requests and improvements you might have!

Thanks!

P.S. You can see screenshots in the market description or on our website http://senti.in

/////////////////////////////////////

We wrote a blog post because of how awesome everyone has been! Thanks for the support!
    Hi everyone,

This is Zed, a noobie developer at Senti. We just soft-launched our first app and I wanted this wonderful community to help us test it out and gather feedback before we started to promote this bad boy.

The app is called Senti Alarm. What we've done is try to completely revamp the way you interact with your alarm. We've created an actual wedge clock that makes setting most alarm times only two taps away. We've also made it so that you just have to wave your hand over the phone to snooze it in the morning. You're greeted with a voice response. We've added your calendar and news feeds for you to read when you wake up in an easy to read format. The alarm is automatically dismissed based on what you do with your phone after snoozing it.

We've got a lot to add to this app, but we wanted to guage your interest before putting in the time, because we do have quite a few apps in the labs right now.

We'd really appreciate bug reports, feature requests and improvements you might have!

Here is a copy of the apk
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/senti-in/com.senti.alarm.apk

The app is currently in the market for $2 at:
    market://details?id=com.senti.alarm

Thanks!

P.S. You can see screenshots in the market description or on our website http://senti.in

Will give this a try tonight!
    Looks cool, will also test tonight.

Edit:

Downloaded, installed without a problem. Ran a test alarm. Initially very impressed with the app design and modern style. The wake up voice addressing you by name and telling you the weather and opening Cnet was awesome. The swipe to snooze feature works for the most part. In the morning in a groggy state I don't see it working well enough to be as convenient as a quick mindless swipe, you would actually have to make sure to slowly go directly over the sensor for it to trigger properly. However I need to actually sleep and then try it before I make any real comments.

The only negative things were that on my mdpi HTC Aria on cm 7.2.0 the first pane of the tutorial goes below the viewing area and you cant swipe down to see it and cant go landscape. Also that on the alarm time set screen with the radial menus, the listed alarms and times go below the viewing area so that to save and finish the alarm you need be careful not to mess up your alarm settings while doing so which I did a couple of times on accident.

Also, on the radial menus you can set any time by five minutes, but how do you set them to any number in between? For example I want to set an alarm for 7:33 in the morning, so I tried messing with the smallest inner circle bar and could barely ever get it to move when I wanted it to and ended up going to another interval five minutes later.

Overall really impressed over the improvements from the default alarm. Will try tomorrow in a real sleep and then wake up setting to see if everything is still good.
    Looks nice. Downloading and installing now.

Will let you know in the morning!
    Love the app so far.
    Just did a quick test to see if it works, and it does.
    It did have a problem loading my Calendar, it just said Loading...
    The waving thing worked :D

Some suggestions:
    I really like how to overall UI looks, when you start the app it shows ALARMS in a organized manner and thats really good, but when the alarm actually rings, I think you should change the sign from the sun to something else, or that in HD because it showed up really LOW res on my phone.
    Also Make the MENU button options icons like NEW ALARM, SETTINGS etc. a better suited color. Green,red, etc does not look good on this simplistic white/blue UI.

Another problem; When selecting what time the alarm should be go off on, we cannot choose by exact minutes, or am i doing something wrong? You should probably add the feature to just press the [TIME] and keyboard pops up and then you can customize the time.

Also how does the voice work? I'm going to sleep right now, and do not want a weird voice talking to me and freaking me out in the morning so i've turned it off for now, but i'll report on it later.

edit: also you should probably add a alarm clock icon to the notification bar and make it optional to remove/keep it so people know if the alarm is active or not.