[MOD] Disable Carousel Animation in Sense 3.0 & 3.5 - Custom and Stock 2.17 ROMs

Search This thread

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. Please don't confuse it with disabling unlock carousel animation. It is for Sense 3.0&3.5 (Evo 3D of course) and S-OFF root users, currently it should be working fine with InfectedROM Sense 3.0 & 3.5(reported compatible with several others) and also Stock 2.17. Flash the correct zip file (infecteds3 is Sense 3.0 and infecteds35 is 3.5 and stock217 is Stock 2.17) and test. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)

ps: I'm a GSM user and I have no way to test this other than your feedback, so please be gentle in your comments :) I will update the compatibility info according to your posts.

Attachments

• disable.carousel.animation.infectedS3.v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
  • disable.carousel.animation.infectedS35.v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • disable.carousel.animation.stock217.v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 253
Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
WOW! people have been asking for this since release day :) glad to see you got it.

FYI flashers >> it's rosie.apk, so should work with most ROMs. Themers may need to modify it (not sure what eternity has done to the rosie at all).

AGAIN THANKS!

brad2taylor

May 24, 2009
Houston
Hell ya! The past couple days have made me a proud 3D owner!

Thanks for getting this out!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

ngosine

Aug 9, 2009
South Ozone Park
Anyone else noticed the 10-20% transparent app drawer? I think it's a sexy helpful mod. Me and my manly hands would always unintentionally start up the carousel and it never lands on the right page. Lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: stanglifemike

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
I have just uploaded Sense 3.5 version for infectedROM (possibly would work for other ROMs too), please try and tell me if it's working :)

Reactions: TMartin

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
OP, is it possible you could also put up the how-to, many users here have either already themed, or HEAVILY modified rosie's, like the one in leedroid tweaks (with the smooth scroll mods). For instance I use that rosie with "phone" text removed and custom icons and m10 edits, so rather than try to build in those tweaks to your rosie, I'd like to try building YOUR tweak to my rosie.

Reactions: mayfield103

sparhawk6

May 1, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
This animation made me switch to a different launcher (Go Launcher EX), and I'm now far too used to that launcher to go back to Sense. But I'm glad to see that someone has done this mod. The carousel was designed to "impress" tech journalists looking at the phone for the first time, but it is not practical at all.

linsalata28

Dec 25, 2010
Rio Grande
I'm going to follow this, I've been wanting to do this since I got the phone but I don't have time to test it.
Thanks for your work and time you put into this.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
OP, is it possible you could also put up the how-to, many users here have either already themed, or HEAVILY modified rosie's, like the one in leedroid tweaks (with the smooth scroll mods). For instance I use that rosie with "phone" text removed and custom icons and m10 edits, so rather than try to build in those tweaks to your rosie, I'd like to try building YOUR tweak to my rosie.

Duce, pm me later, I have figured out how to remove phone text from rosie by an edit in the rosie m10 files. I'm also looking into removing app name text. I'll look and see about the carousel as well. There are allot of goodies hiding in there.

Sent from a place only a " Bad Seed " could grow.

Reactions: il Duce and pstevep

tommy24

Jul 6, 2010
I was wondering that since you found out how to disable the carousel, if there was a way to enable it on sense 4.0. I know that sense 4.0 came out as a leak and it's nowhere near ready to be a daily, but the other half who like the carousel (i guess it's me and maybe two other guys by how many people say they hate that effect) would appreciate it. If you can and want to, thanks.

Reactions: Royalfox and Emerl

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
I can confirm this works on mikrunny 1.11 however it did change my rosie to the "sense 4.0" type. Not sure if it broke anything ill do some more investigating and report back. Thanks again.
uploadfromtaptalk1331854537619.jpg

Mien651

Mar 9, 2010
Can you make this for the stock 2.17 rom

SketchyStunts

Sep 1, 2011
GA.
Thanks! Worked great on infected eternity 3.0! No more accidental "spins" that make me swear. Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. Please don't confuse it with disabling unlock carousel animation. It is for Sense 3.0&3.5 (Evo 3D of course) and S-OFF root users, currently it should be working fine with InfectedROM Sense 3.0 & 3.5(reported compatible with several others) and also Stock 2.17. Flash the correct zip file (infecteds3 is Sense 3.0 and infecteds35 is 3.5 and stock217 is Stock 2.17) and test. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)

ps: I'm a GSM user and I have no way to test this other than your feedback, so please be gentle in your comments :) I will update the compatibility info according to your posts.
    Hey,

This tweak has been available for months now on Desire S Endymion Rom (sense 3.5). There I made it configurable, you can turn on/off the animation on the fly.

I didn't know there was such a high demand for it, but anyone wanting, feel free to decompile my Rosie.apk and port the mod.

It's just turning a flag off on the smali code, The hard thing was actually find it and understand it's meaning.

Cheers

Just dug it up:

- Decompile any Rosie.apk
    - Find SettingUtil.smali
    - Search the code that sets the value of "mRingSlider", something like this:

sput v7, Lcom/htc/launcher/settings/SettingUtil;->mRingSlider:I​

- depending if v7 is 0 or 1, the caroussel will be disabled/enabled.

Cheers

-- edit --
    @jeffsanace: just saw your post. It's actually a different way to get there. :) Where I found it, it's easier to link the value to a global system preference, and make the mod configurable through an external app.
    The necessary code edit for this posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23735417&postcount=2762 Just thought it should be shared, thanks for figuring this out all credit was given to OP.
    Y u no talk in normal sentence form.? Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
    I was wondering that since you found out how to disable the carousel, if there was a way to enable it on sense 4.0. I know that sense 4.0 came out as a leak and it's nowhere near ready to be a daily, but the other half who like the carousel (i guess it's me and maybe two other guys by how many people say they hate that effect) would appreciate it. If you can and want to, thanks.