Please lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
You might want to say that you only need CDMAWS if you want to change your MSL, although since it is so easy to get the MSL with MSL Reader, you can probably skip that part. Great writeup though. Ive done a Moment and Vitality to PagePlus and the guide is the same, so this is an almost universal Guide.

On a side note: For the Moment and Vitality, MSL Reader does not work, I had to get the MSL by using getprop ril.MSL in Terminal.

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
You might want to say that you only need CDMAWS if you want to change your MSL, although since it is so easy to get the MSL with MSL Reader, you can probably skip that part. Great writeup though. Ive done a Moment and Vitality to PagePlus and the guide is the same, so this is an almost universal Guide.

On a side note: For the Moment and Vitality, MSL Reader does not work, I had to get the MSL by using getprop ril.MSL in Terminal.

Well I mentioned MSL Reader because its easier to use for new comers and it only works on the HTC phones which is what I'm flashing in this guide. If you use CMDAWS you just go to the security tab and under SPC click the drop down box and pick HTC Method. Then click read. Phone must be in DIAG mode though.
Any how I'll be making more guides. I can flash damn near any phone to any company except the Stratosphere.

KennyKusanagi

Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans, La
OnePlus 8 Pro
Dial ##000000# and click edit mode.
Click MDN and enter your phone number, Press OK
Click on MSID/MIN and enter it if you know it, If not call your provider and ask them for it.
Press Menu and Commit Modifications (Phone may reboot)

This part where im lost at, where exactly do I do all of this at? I dont see none of this in CDMA Workshop. I have version 3.8.0

Edit: Also Can I choose a phone number for the part where i use QPST & need to input *phone number@vzw3g.com*? The phone i got from ebay was a bad esn and I'm guessing the phone thats already on the phone still works.

Last edited:

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
How are 3g speeds on page plus? Just curious I have mine on metro atm and have been thinking about going to boost or here if speeds are decent enough.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
This part where im lost at, where exactly do I do all of this at? I dont see none of this in CDMA Workshop. I have version 3.8.0

Edit: Also Can I choose a phone number for the part where i use QPST & need to input *phone number@vzw3g.com*? The phone i got from ebay was a bad esn and I'm guessing the phone thats already on the phone still works.

In the very first tab with all the phone info. Should be right on top. It is probably labeled mdn and min. If that's what there labeled mdn will be your phone number and min will be msid or mobile identification number (sorry been a while since I used cdma workshop). Qpst doesn't have the option to change phone number itself. It will only allow you to change it for your data profiles. ##000000# or your six digit msl code will accomplish this step for you also.

Reactions: KennyKusanagi

KennyKusanagi

Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans, La
OnePlus 8 Pro
In the very first tab with all the phone info. Should be right on top. It is probably labeled mdn and min. If that's what there labeled mdn will be your phone number and min will be msid or mobile identification number (sorry been a while since I used cdma workshop). Qpst doesn't have the option to change phone number itself. It will only allow you to change it for your data profiles. ##000000# or your six digit msl code will accomplish this step for you also.

Ok cool. another thingm I get an error during the last part where I write to the phone in QPST.

The error says NV_UE_IMEI_I (Status) NV_READONLY_S

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
Disregard that error it doesn't mean anything. You can actually check that box to not notify u of that again if it bothers you.

Let me know how this goes for you and do a speedtest for me if you can. My metro bill is due in a few days if speeds are good I will be making the switch.

Reactions: Nevell

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Thanks for helping mteezey. I have my notifications turned off for subscribed threads. +1
The 3G speeds are very good. Remember this one thing PP uses VZW towers. Actually when I flash the Thunderbolts they get 1x and the 1x is pretty damned fast.

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
Have you flashed any EVO3Ds to Verizon? Assuming the ESN is accepted by Verizon's network of course.

-C

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
I've heard that Verizon phones get way better speeds on pp than sprint phones. I'm sure its probably just due to lack of provisioning on the parts of places that flash them. I definatly am intersted in tinkering with this. If someone with a EVO 3d on page plus or any sprint phone could do a speed test that would be great. Being on verizon network it should be at least 1mbps and up depending on area. Only reason I ask is cause u can get around 1mbps on boost witout any limit on data. But I don't use much mobile data but When I do I wouldn't mind it being fast. I could probably get away with the 1gb cap.
Just really wanna know the speeds.

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
I've heard that Verizon phones get way better speeds on pp than sprint phones. I'm sure its probably just due to lack of provisioning on the parts of places that flash them. I definatly am intersted in tinkering with this. If someone with a EVO 3d on page plus or any sprint phone could do a speed test that would be great. Being on verizon network it should be at least 1mbps and up depending on area. Only reason I ask is cause u can get around 1mbps on boost witout any limit on data. But I don't use much mobile data but When I do I wouldn't mind it being fast. I could probably get away with the 1gb cap.
Just really wanna know the speeds.

Thats not entirely true. Almost all Sprint phone get 3G while most VZW phones only get 1x.

Have you flashed any EVO3Ds to Verizon? Assuming the ESN is accepted by Verizon's network of course.

-C
Any phone can be flashed to PP and yes I have flashed the 3D numerous times to PP. I just got done doing one. When activating phones on PP always use the ESN(HEX) not the DEC because its too many characters. All Sprint phones that I have flashed always have a 14 character ESN(HEX) which is what you need for PP. If your ESN has 15 characters then drop off the last one digit. It will still activate without the last digit. Speaking of which the Thunderbolt is one that I know of that you have to drop the last digit on. Only one I can remember lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No longer supported.
    ***Updated 4/18/2012***Each one of these devices will have fully working 3G, MMS, SMS; Talk.

And thats it your fully flashed with MMS, Talk, Text, 3G

Nah, you mention working 3G like I quoted above, and never mention that you need a donor phone to get the correct keys from. Doesn't really matter that the ones YOU flash have 3G. It matters more that what you're guiding people to do doesn't actually include what most would consider a major feature of their phone. Decent guide nonetheless, but definitely misleading.
    hey thanks for the advice. I have been tryin to get 3 phones to different carriers. I got my photon to take a sim card and now i need to flash an epic and an E 3d to an alternate. If i go the straight talk route i will need a donor phone correct? And if I do can it be the cheapest phone they have?

yes you will need a donor phone and yes get the cheapest one you can find just make sure its a cdma version. i think the models that end with a "c" are the cdma versions. also remember never power on the ST phone, actually you wont even have to open the box its in. the meid or esn is usually printed on the box. so just write it to your verizon smartphone and then activate the meid online or by phone then let the verizon OTA using the *228, *22890 ect... that will give you a working verizon phone on ST. then you just copy it over to the sprint phone
    yes i believe you are correct. i have been flashing phones to boost for a long time and you have to have the HA and AAA passwords from another device in order to get TRUE 3g speeds. i have tried using this guide and still only recieve 1x which is terrible.

yes its exactly like flashing to boost. first you need to change the meid with that of the donor on a verizon phone. i use a samsung fascinate. then let it OTA and that will pull your 3g HA and AAA passwords then you just clone the fascinate over to the evo. you can use any meid from any dumb phone just make sure you activate the meid on your account without ever powering on the dumbphone. then write the meid over on the 3g verizon phone of your choice. needs to be a 3g phone so it can pull the 3g HA and AAA passwords. then restart the verizon phone and it should make you OTA. once its done you should have a working verizon 3g phone on PP. then you just go thru the remaining steps to flash it over to your evo
    Might I ask what page plus is.?

its a phone service kind of like metro pcs