[Q] Google Play has limited visibility on 1.4.2 + manualnooter 5.02.19

Search This thread

Wouql

Mar 19, 2012
OK, I know that this is a pretty common problem...but over the course of a week I've tried every piece of advice I can find on the Internet. But some apps just will not show up in the Google Play Store for me, including ones I've paid for.

Things I've tried:

I'm just about at my wits end - nothing I've tried as fixed the likes of Facebook or Flash Video Browser (what I'm really looking for) not showing up in the Google Play store. Does anyone have any other advice to fix this? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: boborone

fpga_guy

Feb 7, 2011
same problem here...

I have three NC. One was rooted in Feb and had full market visibility. The last two NC was rooted last week using the SAME SD card and CWM and with the same procedure. Indeed trying all the fix without success. There was a post indicating that installing MN apps2sd would work ... tried that too without success.

There may be something going on with market/playstore.

GMPOWER

Jul 29, 2010
Could you give me some more examples of apps that you are having problems with, this will help me out significantly. You should not have a problem seeing facebook in Google Play. You will have a problem with Flash Video Browser, because the description for it in the store says “Requires Android 2.3+.” Since the stock firmware Froyo 2.2.1, the store will not show you the app. A number of people are currently having an issue with the Play Store not listing apps that they have purchased, LINK.

You can try changing your build.prop ro.build.fingerprint to verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys

If you change the build.prop, you will need to reboot the device, then perform the Market has limited visibility found in the ManualNooter 5.02.19 post. If the play store stops working after performing the steps, simply open manage applications and uninstall updates for the Play Store.

fpga_guy

Feb 7, 2011
Could you give me some more examples of apps that you are having problems with, this will help me out significantly.

All the NC had 5GB partitions. I did a wipe data/cache before installing BN1.4.1 (didn't bother to upgrade to 1.4.2).

Followed instructions and installed MN apps2SD on one and non-apps on the other. Flashed OC kernel to both. After rooting, did a search for ES File explorer and only File Expert came up on both NC. Installed File expert then the remaining apks. This may be important. The NC were signed into different gmail accounts (not mine).

Though not related to NC, google moving to Play store seem to have messed up visibility on Nook Touch http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24288916&postcount=285

Thanks for all your efforts - don't spend too much time on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: GMPOWER

aj555

Mar 15, 2012
On top of clearing the cache and data for the google play store, did you clear it for google framework services?

GMPOWER

Jul 29, 2010
All the NC had 5GB partitions. I did a wipe data/cache before installing BN1.4.1 (didn't bother to upgrade to 1.4.2).

Followed instructions and installed MN apps2SD on one and non-apps on the other. Flashed OC kernel to both. After rooting, did a search for ES File explorer and only File Expert came up on both NC. Installed File expert then the remaining apks. This may be important. The NC were signed into different gmail accounts (not mine).

Though not related to NC, google moving to Play store seem to have messed up visibility on Nook Touch http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24288916&postcount=285

Thank you for giving me that information. It is hard to get accurate information when some people don’t report back. I get some people that complain of limited visibility when it really is limited market access, they can’t find certain apps in the market that they want because it is not compatible with the device. What you described is exactly what I would describe as limited visibility.

I went through that same problem two days ago after a fresh install. I first did a search for Astro, it said 556 apps, but when I clicked on it, only 5 apps showed up, none of them were Astro. I then tried ES File Explorer, and had the same results as you. After I cleared the play store data and google services framework data, and then rebooted the device, it went back to normal. I have had the full market access since then.

I do agree with you that the Play Store has had a lot of problems since being released, not only on the NC, but wide spread. If this continues to be a problem on new installations, I might try updating the vending.apk in the MN package to the current release to see if it would help in anyway.

On a side note, I looked into that google voice issue some more. Using the build.prop that I posted allowed me to download google voice from the play store, but still have the error downloading the voicemail. You can see the voicemail files in /data/data/com.google.android.apps.googlevoice/files, but I could not get them to play. It is still on my list of items to look into more.

boborone

Man I'm sorry I can't help you. But I have to say this is one the best written questions I've seen in a while. You stated the problem, said what you did to fix it and let people know you are willing to help yourself. And look who you got helping you out mate. It is nice to see threads like this. Thanks.

- this sig is just so I don't have to write 10char when on my phone -

bornagainpenguin

Oct 22, 2010
Possibly stupid suggestion on my part, but what is the LCD density you have now? I had no luck at all using several of the roms until I started changing the LCD density to at least 160-200 until I did that most of the apps I wanted to find wouldn't even show up. Not saying this is the answer for sure, but it may be worth checking out, right?

n8nmad

Jan 14, 2011
Never had the problem, but you mentioned the verizon spoof, I thought that would work. What about going to the market on chrome and logging in and selecting you device, I have done that with the nook running cyanogenmod. How about the Amazon app store and sideloading google specific market apps. At least you could have some selection of paid/free apps. Can you install from the uSD card to get by?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Never had the problem, but you mentioned the verizon spoof, I thought that would work. What about going to the market on chrome and logging in and selecting you device, I have done that with the nook running cyanogenmod. How about the Amazon app store and sideloading google specific market apps. At least you could have some selection of paid/free apps. Can you install from the uSD card to get by?

apache64guy

Apr 27, 2012
manage applications has no options in it

Could you give me some more examples of apps that you are having problems with, this will help me out significantly. You should not have a problem seeing facebook in Google Play. You will have a problem with Flash Video Browser, because the description for it in the store says “Requires Android 2.3+.” Since the stock firmware Froyo 2.2.1, the store will not show you the app. A number of people are currently having an issue with the Play Store not listi...

I have a similar problem as the one qouted above however, when I go into settings, manage applications I don't have an option to uninstall updates or the ability to uncheck or check on device-install. any suggestions?

bachikho

Sep 15, 2006
You will have a problem with Flash Video Browser, because the description for it in the store says “Requires Android 2.3+.” Since the stock firmware Froyo 2.2.1, the store will not show you the app.
but stock 1.3, 1.4.1, 1.4.2 are gingerbread already?
Current B&N version is 1.4.2 which is Android 2.3 Gingerbread
B&N 1.3 is Android 2.3 Gingerbread
B&N 1.2 is Android 2.2 Froyo
B&N 1.1 and 1.0 are Android 2.1 Eclair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you give me some more examples of apps that you are having problems with, this will help me out significantly. You should not have a problem seeing facebook in Google Play. You will have a problem with Flash Video Browser, because the description for it in the store says “Requires Android 2.3+.” Since the stock firmware Froyo 2.2.1, the store will not show you the app. A number of people are currently having an issue with the Play Store not listing apps that they have purchased, LINK.

You can try changing your build.prop ro.build.fingerprint to verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys

If you change the build.prop, you will need to reboot the device, then perform the Market has limited visibility found in the ManualNooter 5.02.19 post. If the play store stops working after performing the steps, simply open manage applications and uninstall updates for the Play Store.
    OK, I know that this is a pretty common problem...but over the course of a week I've tried every piece of advice I can find on the Internet. But some apps just will not show up in the Google Play Store for me, including ones I've paid for.

Things I've tried:

I'm just about at my wits end - nothing I've tried as fixed the likes of Facebook or Flash Video Browser (what I'm really looking for) not showing up in the Google Play store. Does anyone have any other advice to fix this? :eek:
    Could you give me some more examples of apps that you are having problems with, this will help me out significantly.