[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

regardtv

Mar 19, 2007
Cape Town
Google Pixel 5
If that's the case then we can simply add it to the extended device settings, where the hsdpa switch thingy already is and make it reapply at every boot.
Easiest solution and will not break non-samsung devices.

I'll have a look at it today.

Dude, you are an absolute legend. :D

Of interest - in my case, when resetting the SMSC number as suggested I then end up with another of Samsung's RIL 'fun moments':
Code:
D/RILJ    ( 2224): [0621]< SEND_SMS error: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: GENERIC_FAILURE
E/RILJ    ( 2224): Exception processing unsol response: 11002Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized unsol response: 11002

SMS still doesn't send but at least it doesn't crash the stack.

Setting up build env this weekend to actually take a stab at this since its likely this will need some more 'hands on' debugging since /ics/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SamsungRIL.java seems to indicate that 11002 should be handled without throwing an exception.... then again its been a while since coding was part of my 'bread and butter' ;-)

Last edited:

Industrial_chickens

Mar 9, 2012
Edinburgh
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Monkey Slut

Feb 19, 2012
Cracow
I really enjoy cm9 but ive got some problems with the battery and wakelocks, i couldnt find an answer about my wakelock maybe someone can help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-17-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-17-52.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 608
  • Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-18-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-18-32.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 593
  • Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-18-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-09-23-18-59.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 574

FRLinux

Aug 31, 2010
I really enjoy cm9 but ive got some problems with the battery and wakelocks, i couldnt find an answer about my wakelock maybe someone can help me

gtalk is waking your phone up a fair bit, make sure it is disabled/down before going to bed. I am guessing the gprs data stall might be related, kill gtalk in the face and test again tonight.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

That's not that bad is it? I have many more then you and I still can use my phone for over 2 days including 6 hours screen on time.

Erm, really? Do you use the phone much at all? Which modem are you on? Disable wifi/data at night?

Reactions: Monkey Slut

Kayno9

Dec 8, 2010
How do i set up this thread on tapatalk 2.0

Guys this may sound silly but i would appreciate any direction on how to set up this thread on my android tapatalk 2.0 app

I'm sure a lot of you are using it.

thanks in adv.

Update: sorted. Thanks anyways

Last edited:

Monkey Slut

Feb 19, 2012
Cracow
thanks for the advice, so that kind of wakelocks is normal? i had talk app freezed by titanium, ive got now 3h and 36m screen time and my battery is at 32 % and i flashed cm9 lately, so this kind of usage is averange?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p