Ultimate Transformer PRIME TF201 Accessory Guide

Search This thread

KOCTA

Sep 19, 2007
Guys, I've bought a USB2Serial adapter that perfectly works with Prime. Now I have RS232 port on my Prime and can configure my Cisco equipment from my tablet!

The adapter is based on Prolific 2303 chip. This chip is very popular and lots of adapters are based on it. I bought mine in the small shop on the street, it was $20 for me, but you can buy the same thing cheaper from DealExtreme for $8.70 if you don't mind to wait. Moreover, you can buy such adapter dirty cheap lol

It works right out from the box. Since I plugged the adapter Tty2USB0 device has appeared on the Prime and when I installed Slick USB 2 Serial from market it found my adapter instantly. I've connected to my Cisco switch like a charm!

For those who work with industrial systems USB 2 RS422/485 adapter is also available. I believe it will work too.

Last edited:

cjbear10usa

Oct 28, 2010
Atlanta
Car Mounts

Nicely done!

The automotive mounts portion of this list, though, is incomplete without inclusion of the ram-mount product offerings. Very flexible solutions for unique installs and drop-in solutions for most makes/models. I'm not affiliated -- just a happy customer in using their solutions for gps, camera, and now transformer mounts.

best regards,

xyrth

Dec 6, 2010
The "NTK 12V 2.0 A MINI BULLET STYLE CAR CHARGER" did not work for my Prime. Not only did it not work, but forced it into a re-boot loop which I was able to stop by holding down the power button for an extended time. Also it made the back of the tab very hot (presumably where the battery is located). I would recomend against anyone from getting this charger due to the possibility for damage to the tab. Does anyone know of a 12 volt charge that works reliably for the Prime?

Mine works just fine. You probably got a bad one.

Jonas1975

Feb 6, 2012
forum.dailymobile.se
I suggest that the Norêve Case is added to the case list.

I can't post links yet, so google for "noreve" and you will find it (there are actually 2 cases for the Prime made by this brand).

Btw, I made a review for one of the models and it's mentioned at the end, so if you want to know some more info about this case, I will be glad to answer and help in anyway I can.

Last edited:

ScottBraven

Apr 4, 2012
ZEPHYR Speaker finally available again. SPAR Becomes BRAVEN.

The ZEPHYR speaker is FINALLY coming back. SPAR is becoming BRAVEN and the product line has been completely redesigned and improved, with better sound than the Jambox, plus the crazy ability to charge mobile devices and a built-in speakerphone. BRAVEN has added audio-out capability and the line looks amazing.

Available at BRAVEN.com beginning April 16. Check it out at facebook.com/bravenproducts for a sneak peek of the new line.

humanpudding

Apr 7, 2012
If you are still adding accessories, I would like to report that I am using the armorsuit screen protector. It is basically a zagg but way better. It uses the same wet application as the zagg but it is much thinner and the texture is smoother unlike the zaggs rubbery feeling.

It works wonders with my jot classic which glides over the surface like a slip and slide. I've also tried it on my ipod touch which has the zagg invisishield and the rubbery texture makes it grip the surface which makes it hard to swipe or draw. Just my 2 cents.

m0928

Oct 3, 2011
I just came across the DRONE controller.
I know there are already a lot of bluetooth game controllers out there, but none of them look this nice.

...ok it seems i cant post a link or upload any images...here's the url anyway:
www dot evolutioncontrollers dot com

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
I found a great stand and stylus combo from Belkin- http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Kitchen-Stand-Wand-Tablets/dp/B005NHTG6O
I found it for half price at Target. The stylus is a little oversized, but it feels great in the hand and has conductive rubber running along it. The tip is solid and does not flex when pressed against the screen. I tried many different stylii this weekend and this one worked the best for me. It was made for iPads, but it works great with the Prime.

Attachments

• 71By6wN19fL._AA1500_.jpg
    71By6wN19fL._AA1500_.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 385

caseenBrandon

Jan 20, 2012
caseen Case Catalog

Hi Brandon from caseen here,

You can see our entire case catalog for the Transformer Prime TF201 available here: http://www.caseen.com/Asus-Transformer-Prime-TF201_c_28.html
We also just released cases for the ASUS Transformer Pad 300 TF300. (First to the marketplace!) They are available here: http://www.caseen.com/Asus-Transformer-Pad-300-TF300_c_39.html

We just released Green and Purple cases in our DESIGNO Series.

Video of the features of our cases [older model from a satisfied customer, DESIGNO Series have newer updates] here:

Thanks,

Brandon
caseen

You can PM with any questions. I hope our cases make the list!

Last edited:

maxfac1234

Feb 6, 2012
London
USB Ethernet Adaptor & MicroHDMI - HDMI Cable ( UK / England )

(1) USB Ethernet Adaptor ( £20 )

Bought this from Maplin (Tottenham Court Road, London) yesterday. It's small and looks good and works right out of the box. Once plugged, ethernet notification came up asking how I would like to set it up. Two led indicators - A green one to say that it is powered up and an orange one to indicate any active date streaming. Works really well.

Vendor's link:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb2.0-to-ethernet-adaptor-217752

(2) ReTrak 1080p Multiadaptor HDMI cable ( £20 )

Bought this from PCWorld (Tottenham Court Road, London).
The pack comes with retractable HDMI-HDMI cable. But included are adaptors for mini & micro HDMI. I think it's cheap. Works well - Audio + Video. Once plugged, HDMI notification came up asking how I would like to set up the HDMI.

Vendor's link:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/retra...9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=ixlmwmwq&istBid=t

Attachments

• IMG_20120503_183717.jpg
    IMG_20120503_183717.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20120503_183755.jpg
    IMG_20120503_183755.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 260

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
Good case for tablet and dock?

Hey, I just got my Prime and dock recently and I want to protect this bad boy. What do you think is the best case to protect the tablet+dock? Any links with the case name would be a great help to me!!

janys

Feb 20, 2008
Hi guys, I'm going to E3 in June and I was wondering if there is some sort of "backup battery" for TF Prime, since I'll be heavilly using it the whole day without access to a wall plug. I'm aware of those small external batteries with USB ports which can charge your phone, but since the TF Prime cannot be charged via USB, I was wondering if there is another solution (apart from getting another keyboard dock :D)

krighton

Apr 30, 2011
i really can't stand how BB and the other box stores have all drunk the IPAD Kool-Aid....95% of all accessories in the stores are Ipad/Ipad 2 or Ipad 3 related....i found ONE asus prime case and it was buried behind a pile of Ipad junk.

Top Liked Posts