[Q] Titanium Backup + Dropbox question ...

Search This thread

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
OK. I'm really not sure where to ask this, but I have Titanium Backup and the pro key. I've went into setting and hit "Enable Dropbox." On the main screen, is says Dropbox is activated.

How in the world do I sync? I have no option in the dropbox settings to enter any account information (just Remote Location, Labels to synchronize" and "History coverage." There's no button on the main screen.

Am I just dumb? Halp please.

RoberGalarga

Dec 21, 2011
In front of my laptop :D
Open TB, go to Preferences >Dropbox, and activate it. You can set the folder where the backup will be uploaded. A new button will appear at the General tab, press it to upload you backup :)

EDIT: D*mn... I forgot: you first need to install and configure the Dropbox app.

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
Open TB, go to Preferences >Dropbox, and activate it. You can set the folder where the backup will be uploaded. A new button will appear at the General tab, press it to upload you backup :)

EDIT: D*mn... I forgot: you first need to install and configure the Dropbox app.

Where do I set the folder where the backup will be uploaded? I see nothing of that, and what general tab? I have an Overview tab if that's what you mean. There's no new button. Just says Dropbox and then a checkmark and then YES.

I also have the Dropbox app, and my account is on it.

tingtan

Jan 27, 2011
San Jose
Where do I set the folder where the backup will be uploaded? I see nothing of that, and what general tab? I have an Overview tab if that's what you mean. There's no new button. Just says Dropbox and then a checkmark and then YES.

I also have the Dropbox app, and my account is on it.

I can do it just fine:

Preference-->Enable Dropbox (check)-->Dropbox settings-->Remote Location

I am using Titanium Backup 4.9.0.1

RoberGalarga

Dec 21, 2011
In front of my laptop :D
... and what general tab? ...

With General Tab I mean the main screen of TB, here's a screenshot with the Dropbox button:
device10.png

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
Hmm... sorry dude, at this point I have no more ideas, unless you upload your backups one by one (long click on it to show an options menu)

I just don't get it. I have "Remote Location" and it says "Titanium Backup." Is that all I'm supposed to do? Is it supposed to then automatically create that in my Dropbox account? Do I need to put in Dropbox account info into Titanium Backup, or does it grab it from the app I already have installed?

And if this doesn't get cleared up, is there a way to talk to the developer? I didn't pay six bucks for something that doesn't work D:

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
Well, I figured out how to get it to detect and try to upload. But it fails. Every time. Around 20MB in, on wifi. So I'm gonna try and get my money back.

bobradu

Apr 23, 2011
How did you get it to work (in so much as it at least recognizes your Dropbox credentials)? I have the EXACT same problem as you. Downloaded from the Market (play) with the pro key and I don't see the Dropbox button that everybody is showing on their main screen. It also has the option for Box or Dropbox so I imagine they moved that button somewhere else, but yes, horrible that they don't make it easy to set your Dropbox credentials.

chilsta

Jan 5, 2008
Planet E
Mine used to work on my Nexus 1. Only just rooted my SGS2 and installed Titanium Backup on it. All is working well, but now even though I've got dropbox enabled and the location set, nothing's happening. I don't have a drobpox button on the overview screen either. Would really like to get this working again.

spiapia

Nov 24, 2010
Same here, Dropbox active and directory set in TB, Dropbox official app installed and fully fonctionnal (i.e. no credentials to type in TB), but no Dropbox button on TB homescreen :confused:

grandcal

Jan 24, 2008
Hey guys, first post so hopefully it comes out OK.

I have just D/L the newest Ti Pro and the changelog says the dropbox/box options button are in the "schedule" tab (on the main page).

Checked and working well. :)

Cheers.

PS. If you haven't already, might be worth getting the android Box app. They have a promotion on with 50GB free for the time being - perfect spot for my backups!

spiapia

Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for the tip grandcal

I've tested the scheduled tab yesterday, and it never asked me for credentials during the process

This evening a popup asked me for create or use a dropbox account with the same "Go" button, and all work fine now :D

I think the option was unlocked when i have unregistered the Estrong File Explorer token on Dropbox Website

Perhaps.. or not :confused:

chilsta

Jan 5, 2008
Planet E
Great- there it is! I could've swarn I checked all those tabs, but I've been known to make mistakes before...

Thanks to you both for your help. Now I just wish it could actually be scheduled (hopefully the reason it's on the schedule tab is because we will one day be able to schedule it)

memekmek

Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
yeah that was annoying, thanks to amon recovery on htc evo, i accidently deleted my sd card :eek: but i had an old titanium backup on dropbox that saved me. it took me forever to figure out how to reconfigure the dropbox. its still not that great. it should be simpler with a clear way to login and sync it. just like doing a normal backup. but it saved me once. I didnt restore it straight from dropbox, I downloaded the backup and put it on my sdcard. worked well. titanium backup is on e of the few paid apps i use. rom manager was a waste of money $$$

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, first post so hopefully it comes out OK.

I have just D/L the newest Ti Pro and the changelog says the dropbox/box options button are in the "schedule" tab (on the main page).

Checked and working well. :)

Cheers.

PS. If you haven't already, might be worth getting the android Box app. They have a promotion on with 50GB free for the time being - perfect spot for my backups!
    Ok, open up your Titanium Backup. on the top you see 3 options - Overview, Backup/Restore, and Schedules. Click Schedules, then you'll see Sync to Dropbox as the last option, click Run to the right. It will ask you to login. Good luck!

Even though it syncs everything to my dropbox account, is there a way I could pick out which files to sync just like how it is when you backup files to your SD card? Or that might be coming in later updates if it is not possible...

in Titanium on the 2nd tab:
    Create a label for dropbox.
    Put that label on every app you want to upload.

in Titanium on the 3rd tab:
    edit the dropbox schedule and enter your label.
    I've got the pro version. I click Dropbox cloud enabled etc. goto schedules hit run but all I get is "titanium backup pro, download from Dropbox finished " and pretty much get that message on the spot. I am trying to backup to Dropbox.

Any ideas?
    I'm also getting the same message trying to sync my Nexus 7. The "download" finishes instantly because there's nothing in the folder on Dropbox to download. But I'm trying to upload (backup) from the Nexus to Dropbox, not the other way around. I don't see any way to force Titanium Backup to do that.

EDIT: I just figured out the solution. You must backup to local device before you try to backup to Dropbox. Apparently, Titanium Backup is syncing Dropbox with the local backup (not the local device itself).