[Q] ADB Question Involving Filenames with a Space

Search This thread

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
I did a search, and nothing seems to pop up, then again there are many ways to describe what the title says so it very well could be here and my searching ability just sucks.

I've noticed that UMS under CM9 is slow as hell with my external card, sub 1meg but when I plug it into my computer out of the phone, I pull 8+ MBs transfers (Class 10 card) I've discovered ADB works extremely well and is quite fast. The problem I'm running into is that I'm trying to transfer folders that have spaces in them. Using Windows and Command Prompt it interprets the space as "Insert next command" clearly it's not. Is there a way to have the ADB Pull/Push command work with folders that have a space in the filename?

I.E. I have a band I like called "Dark Moor" I have a folder called "Dark Moor" rather than rename the folder on the computer for transfer then rename on the Android and vice versa, I would like to do something like "adb pull /sdcard/music/Dark Moor /Dark Moor" clearly it doesn't recognise this as acceptable.

RoberGalarga

Dec 21, 2011
In front of my laptop :D
Hmm... look my attachment, I have no errors :confused:

Attachments

• NoError.jpg
    NoError.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,881

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
Yea. I was an idiot. I didn't do the quotes. That worked this time around. For some reason I read your comment as "type what's in the quotes." Looks like my brain is fried this Friday! Leaving the office before I do damage to my work network. Thanks man!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simply type the path quoted, like this:
    Code:
    adb pull "path/with spaces/xD"