Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [ROM]{The Collective}Presents:…
25th April 2012, 05:54 AM
Flag Indiana : @IndyJoeDV
Thanks Meter: 1,100

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy THANK YOU!!!
I'm really at a loss of words as to what to say. On behalf of myself, Emily, our family, and all those battling cancer right now... Thank you!

For those who don't know the whole story, my daughter (at the time a couple weeks shy of her 9th birthday) was diagnosed with bone cancer in January last year. It was at that time that I began participating more in XDA whether it be answering questions, or theming, or doing whatever I could to take my mind off of things for a while.

Her first round of chemo was to last about 8 months... everything looked great up until the very last scan. It revealed that the cancer had spread. Since then we've tried a variety of what are known as less effective chemo drugs in the hopes that one was the magic formula to rid her of it. However, just last week we found out that nothing was working, and in fact, it had spread very rapidly and is now into her soft tissue (lungs). With that, we have moved into the "quality of life" phase, as there is no longer a movement towards a cure, but rather keeping her comfortable.

She is blissfully unaware of the severity, and we plan on keeping it that way. She is full of hope and is still planning her future (wants to go rock climbing when she's better, and bought a hair dryer last week) There is no need to take away her hope and dreams. (for that reason, I only ask that if posting notes anywhere, never mention her status or that you're sorry, etc.... be positive) (thank you)

She has touched so many in such a short time, that is the comfort I take from all of this. What was done here is my validation of that fact, and so I say thank you to all, though mere words will never express how appreciative I am for everything.

Joe
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to JoeDV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeDV Ad-Free