[ROM] HellFire Phoenix V2.3 p999 [cm7.2 /super tweeked] 8/23/12

Search This thread

2war

Mar 14, 2012
Los Angeles
I installed this rom from Hellfire Sandwich but now the phone wont show up on my PC when I connect it through USB. I press turn on mass storage but no pop up on the pc or anything. It was fine with the other rom but this nada. BTW I love this rom nice work.

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok someone more knowledgeable then me, has anyone flashed this tweak/script? Will this benefit my phone or it wont work, it says its compatable with every phone but there are a lot of phones out there and can't be too sure.<br />
<br />
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1353903 <br />
<br />
Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Wait, are you wanting V6 super-charger by ZeppelinRox/rocks, or a collection of init.d scripts?

Zeppelin's script is an low-memory srcipt for setting what things can be kicked out of memory and when to kick stuff out. The tweakZV6 which you linked to is different. That's a collection of init.d scripts which are supposed to enhance performance. I am familiar with it, but only in the sense of having looked at the individual scripts and looked up what they do with like 5 minutes of time spent on each one, just a quick, rough idea of what it does. Some of them are definitely valuable but others I actually couldn't find info on. At some point I will be digging a little deeper or taking ones which are straight-forward enough, and refining them for HFP/G2x and having them put into the ROM.

Reactions: moeahmad1995

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Battery Issue

Hey I flashed the rom and it is awesome. Rom is the fastest Gingerbread ive using. but the battery percentage is skipping around like crazy.
for examply when i charge from 36% and the in 5 minutes the batter is 91%. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

NekoNyapii

Jan 5, 2012
Mesa
Hey I flashed the rom and it is awesome. Rom is the fastest Gingerbread ive using. but the battery percentage is skipping around like crazy.
for examply when i charge from 36% and the in 5 minutes the batter is 91%. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

The rom comes with the DS version of Faux's kernel and it has funky battery reading. If that annoys you, try flashing a different kernel like Trinity.

Reactions: g1user101
Just wanted to show you what v2.1 can do.... uploadfromtaptalk1335790989553.jpg

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
As a matter fact superachargev6 is good you just have to follow the easy steps, i used V8 beta and its running good. No issues so far . I recomend to upadte superuser and Busy box 182.0 or newer in order to work well

SuperChargeV8 HellsFuego Phoenix.

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB
As a matter fact superachargev6 is good you just have to follow the easy steps, i used V8 beta and its running good. No issues so far . I recomend to upadte superuser and Busy box 182.0 or newer in order to work well

SuperChargeV8 HellsFuego Phoenix.

I disagree. The small "speed" benefit isn't worth the substantial ammount of partial wakelocks and battery drain... We don't need those kind of scripts with this phone... maybe the lower end phones that actually do run out of memory but I never have less than 120mb free ram so what's the point?

Edit : I challenge anyone to prove that their phone runs better / more efficient using these scripts ... post screenshots or it didn't happen.

Pin it to Win it.

Last edited:

kesara

Oct 16, 2011
Chesterbrook
I disagree. The small "speed" benefit isn't worth the substantial ammount of partial wakelocks and battery drain... We don't need those kind of scripts with this phone... maybe the lower end phones that actually do run out of memory but I never have less than 120mb free ram so what's the point?

Edit : I challenge anyone to prove that their phone runs better / more efficient using these scripts ... post screenshots or it didn't happen.

Pin it to Win it.

I would second that!

Aug 28, 2011
Awesome OS

Very stable like everyone has said. Outstanding battery life. I just got 26 hours with normal usage......checking 5 email accounts, sending pictures, Facebook, downloading apps, setting up this OS for the first time, Angry Birds.....etc. only thing I haven't tried yet is Skype. If the LG can doesn't work, is there a specific stock came version I need to flash on this OS? I flashed the 2.3.3 stock cam on stock CM7 and it wouldn't load when I clicked on it. That is one reason I started looking for a new OS. Glad I stumbled upon this one!

hypocrat37

Jul 26, 2009
Titanium Backup Issues

So I don't know whether it is a problem with this ROM or with titanium backup...I have brought this up with the dev of titanium backup as well but I just wanted to check with you all as well....is anyone having issues with titanium backup after updating it from the play store (market)? It doesn't happen all the time but at least 3 out of 5 times I'll open TB and it will freeze up and either force close or ask me to wait...sometimes I have waited up to ten minutes and it just sits there with a blank page...If i uninstall the update it works fine. The change log for TB is just some Vietnamese translation stuff and a new logo so I was just curious if it had something to do with TB now being a system app and thereby causing problems when trying to update....anybody else seen similar issues? Love the ROM and love all the help everyone provides on this thread thank you all!!

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Very stable like everyone has said. Outstanding battery life. I just got 26 hours with normal usage......checking 5 email accounts, sending pictures, Facebook, downloading apps, setting up this OS for the first time, Angry Birds.....etc. only thing I haven't tried yet is Skype. If the LG can doesn't work, is there a specific stock came version I need to flash on this OS? I flashed the 2.3.3 stock cam on stock CM7 and it wouldn't load when I clicked on it. That is one reason I started looking for a new OS. Glad I stumbled upon this one!

Are you saying you want the LG Cam for this ROM rather than the stock gingerbread CAM? I haven't tried it with skype but I love the LG Cam and if I remember someone posted a link to it in this thread a few pages back ill see if I can find it for ya...

Better yet here is the one I have used on this rom...just flash the zip from recovery...

LG CAM for CM7 Based ROM:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16620559/Android/cam_cm7mod.zip

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
So I don't know whether it is a problem with this ROM or with titanium backup...I have brought this up with the dev of titanium backup as well but I just wanted to check with you all as well....is anyone having issues with titanium backup after updating it from the play store (market)? It doesn't happen all the time but at least 3 out of 5 times I'll open TB and it will freeze up and either force close or ask me to wait...sometimes I have waited up to ten minutes and it just sits there with a blank page...If i uninstall the update it works fine. The change log for TB is just some Vietnamese translation stuff and a new logo so I was just curious if it had something to do with TB now being a system app and thereby causing problems when trying to update....anybody else seen similar issues? Love the ROM and love all the help everyone provides on this thread thank you all!!

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Are you saying you want the LG Cam for this ROM rather than the stock gingerbread CAM? I haven't tried it with skype but I love the LG Cam and if I remember someone posted a link to it in this thread a few pages back ill see if I can find it for ya...

Better yet here is the one I have used on this rom...just flash the zip from recovery...

i'd have to say that this is a TB issue. next time it happens make sure to kill the app and reopen it.. I dont like the new update and have yet to keep my backup updated with the new version.. I updated it once when I first got the 1.8 beta for HFS..and idk i guess I was being picky but I dont like the new img it uses.. but none the less try that. also double check to make sure that it has full su permissions..

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB

Defiantly TB I've had the same issues. I actually had a apk for an old version of TB laying around and have been using that :) try finding an older version for now I say

Pin it to Win it.

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
Wait, are you wanting V6 super-charger by ZeppelinRox/rocks, or a collection of init.d scripts?

Zeppelin's script is an low-memory srcipt for setting what things can be kicked out of memory and when to kick stuff out. The tweakZV6 which you linked to is different. That's a collection of init.d scripts which are supposed to enhance performance. I am familiar with it, but only in the sense of having looked at the individual scripts and looked up what they do with like 5 minutes of time spent on each one, just a quick, rough idea of what it does. Some of them are definitely valuable but others I actually couldn't find info on. At some point I will be digging a little deeper or taking ones which are straight-forward enough, and refining them for HFP/G2x and having them put into the ROM.

Thanks for looking into it, let us know what you find and are you going to intergate it into the rom or make flashable zips, just would wondering?

hypocrat37

Jul 26, 2009
i'd have to say that this is a TB issue. next time it happens make sure to kill the app and reopen it.. I dont like the new update and have yet to keep my backup updated with the new version.. I updated it once when I first got the 1.8 beta for HFS..and idk i guess I was being picky but I dont like the new img it uses.. but none the less try that. also double check to make sure that it has full su permissions..

Yeah that's kinda what I thought... fortunately I had not updated my backup either and am able to return to the older version...it just seems odd to me that if the TB update is really only an icon change and some translation updates (even though I use English and not Vietnamese) that it would cause problems. Just to elaborate when I start TB it shows the usual messages including "asking for root permissions..." I double checked and it does have the permissions but the all the messages go away and I am left with basically the Titanium Backup title at the top and the rest of the screen is blank as if it has opened successfully but isnt showing the main menu... weird...anyway I am not worried about it...its just a pain when I need to update other apps via market and cant hit the update all button for fear of updating titanium backup...oh well...I brought the issue to the TB dev and haven't heard anything yet but will let ya know if and when I do.

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
Yeah that's kinda what I thought... fortunately I had not updated my backup either and am able to return to the older version...it just seems odd to me that if the TB update is really only an icon change and some translation updates (even though I use English and not Vietnamese) that it would cause problems. Just to elaborate when I start TB it shows the usual messages including "asking for root permissions..." I double checked and it does have the permissions but the all the messages go away and I am left with basically the Titanium Backup title at the top and the rest of the screen is blank as if it has opened successfully but isnt showing the main menu... weird...anyway I am not worried about it...its just a pain when I need to update other apps via market and cant hit the update all button for fear of updating titanium backup...oh well...I brought the issue to the TB dev and haven't heard anything yet but will let ya know if and when I do.
Yea I would advise against the auto update features is you use lots of apps... Sometimes the updates for apps aren’t what we like so if you auto update it, then you wont be able to read the reviews for the update to know if the update will be to your liking. Yes that sounds like I’m being picky, but oh well. Sometimes the updates to apps can disable a feature that works for you or change the ui to something not as cool or as simple.. just my opinion...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    opbannery.jpg

Welcome To A Team HellFire Creation this is based of Cm7.2 with loads of tweaks and mods all types of bacon for you​

Now For the stuff that we all been waiting for​

Features:
    Code:
    *2.3.7 Gb Rooted

*Based on the latest CM7 source

*incorporated latest Cm7 updates

*New custom host file with many Ad Blocks

*Vm Heap size set to 64 by default

*Low memory killer

*Screen on/off animation

*Honeycomb lockscreen clock

*Wi-fi calling

*Theme Chooser

*New boot animation

*New Nexus Live wallpaper

*Auto focus Camera

*Auto Focus Video record

*Theme's optimized with 4g

*Zipalign Apks for Smother performance

*Faux 123 latest kernal

*BraviaHack

*Update APN list

*Overscroll color

*Colorized settings icons

*Torch app cleaned up

*Default volume control media

*Custom carrier label

*PB Miui ish music player

*Customized Gapps include new Talk

*miui battery bar

*ICS Desk Clock

*ICS Clock Widget

*ICS Fonts more :)

*ICSish look to Launcher 2 (Work in Progress tweeked fast)

*ICS Live Wallpaper

*Added format number option to dialer

*Hellpaper

Big Thanks to Zepplinrox he is the maker of this amazing thing Called V6supercharger use it im telling you its worth it.http://goo.gl/qM6yR

here is the link to his latest script to use with this just amazing

Download The Latest Google Apps here moded by me​

ChangeLog

*Hellpaper re included

*faux 52

*and latest source from CM enjoy

ChangeLog

Simple update mostly source update all of the latest gingerbread commits with
    all that you love of hfp​

ChangeLog

*CM7.2

*vm heap to 64

*Titaniumbackup

*new supersu by Chainfire

*Zipalign on every boot

*opitmized

*mount fix

*faster sd card transfer

*better signal wifi and everything else

*ril set e21

*if i forgot something ill add it later im sure i forgot alot​

ChangeLog

*Fuex beta kernal

*new bootanimation thank you to Jblah

*Cleaned up some bugs​

Faux 123 kernel latest

images

AS USUAL

WIPE WIPE WIPE
    this little nullifier will do it all click here flash it and it will clean it all up
    install rom from sd card
    Install my new gapps
    Reboot
    Wait ten min
    enjoy
    if you do not follow the rules it will be buggy

Here is the team
    Help Thread: TOG565, da-pharoah

helps with build tech ideas : kesara, jblah

Head Beta Tester : da-pharoah

Thank you to my beta testers: overground,wgrant,mt3g,iDreamless531,Thibor69
    and TOG505

Graphic Designer JBLAH (click here for a sick sig)

Donators Thank you
    Doniqcc
    BBCJWalsh
    Draky
    Quyen Nguyen
    mathman_az

This is a my Rom if you brick you phone its not my fault you flash this at your own Risk

rWgv2.gif

ChangeLog

*Hellpaper
    *Fixed Everything there is alot
    *optimised size too should run smooth
    *New Gapps

HellFire Phoenix 1.8

ChangeLog

*Disable render effect for screen shots
    *T9 Dialer: View contact on long press on T9 results
    *always use orientation sensor for screen rotation
    *Added format number option to dialer
    *Blade lockscreen fixed
    *New boot animation
    *New Name
    *Cleaned alot of bugs
    *Back to Faux

ChangeLog

*Fixed Font issue
    *Fixed Miuish music player
    *Blade lock screen
    *some theme bugs
    *Launcher 2 overhaul ics theme
    *New wallpapers
    *Morfix Kernel (pretty much testing this out this time around)

ChangeLog

*miui battery bar
    *ICS Transitions
    *ICS Desk Clock
    *ICS Clock Widget
    *ICS Fonts more :)
    *ICSish look to Launcher 2 (Work in Progress)
    *ICS Live Wallpaper
    *Fixed Gapps to include new Talk(USE IT)
    *Zepplinrox V6 supercharger USE it
    bunch of other goodies
    tweeked the Music player

ChangeLog

*Allow custom snooze times for calendar reminders
    *ICS font
    *PB Miui ish music player
    *Customized Gapps
    *Customized Gapps include new Talk
    *Bug fixes
    *Miui Battery bar app which is located in system/apps and has to be reinstalled there​

ChangeLog

*Default volume control media
    *Custom carrier label
    *Cleaned up a few bugs​

ChangeLog

*Colorized settings icons
    *ICS call Waiting Tweek
    *Torch app cleaned up
    *cleaned up some advertisments
    *few more personal speed tweeks
    *and i had nothing better to do​

Changelog:

*Holo lock screen
    *calendar sync
    *Update APN list
    *bluetooth bluez
    *Ringlock style choser
    *getNextCalendarAlarm
    *Overscroll color
    *Merge remote branch 'upstream/master' into update
    *bring back music app​

Changelog:

*Theme's optimized with 4g
    *Zipalign Apks for Smother performance
    *QR Reader
    *Faux 123 latest kernal
    *New T9 contacts
    *added spare parts
    *new Boot animation
    *BraviaHack
    *CM parts update
    *Getjar​

Phoenix Blood V1.0​

Original Post​

*2.3.7 Gb Rooted
    *Based on the latest CM7 source
    *incorporated latest Cm7 updates
    *Cyanogen Parts included
    *Phoenix Blood performance/Tweaks and someEB too
    *Smother/Faster UI
    *System converted to EXT4
    *All PNG's optimized
    *3D Launcher2 Tweaked (fast)
    *New custom host file with many Ad Blocks
    *Vm Heap size set to 48 by default
    *Low memory killer added
    fixed symlink
    *Screen on/off animation
    *Transparent dialer/contacts
    *Spare parts in system settings Wip more futures to come
    *Honeycomb lockscreen clock
    *Wi-fi calling
    *Theme Chooser
    *New Fonts
    *New boot animation
    *Black Google quick search bar
    *New Nexus Live wallpaper
    *Auto focus Camera
    *Auto Focus Video recorder
    *Cube music player Tweaked by me​
    op updated enjoy my friends
    op updated dont worry i dont forget about roms i will continue building as long as i can
    how you like me now boom enjoy