Baseband Version: 47.23.35.3033_H7.51.35.19
GPS working? NO

Never had fix

not even symbol in top bar..

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
It seems the only way to get GPS working could be first get a fix using a stock rom, then flash whatever rom? ! ... Weird.

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
GSM version: 47.23.35.3033H_7.51.35.19
GPS working*

After installing SuperOSR I had to do some fixes:
  • This fix in order to get the phone calls working (otherwise phone calls and mobile internet will interrupt.
  • And I had to delete the cache and data of Google Play, otherwise it was not possible to install any app there.

The issue with Google Talk being interrupted seems to depend on the phone. Chacha with stock ROM: Always online, Samsung Ace: Always onlnie, SE Live: interrupted, SGS2 with Miui, interrupted. Strange, but this is a different issue

Edit: But GPS does not work like normal. It does behave like it has a Satfix from few seconds after the beginning (even with only one satellite). Navigation works like normal but it is strange that the phone has a satfix but no position at the beginning. If you have a satfix you usually have a position, don't you?

Last edited:
Reactions: adlx.xda

ethancottier

May 10, 2011
Birmingham
I just thought of something...

The last stock rom I had on was the asian one.. do you think that would make any difference? should I flash the europe one? (as I don't live in asia, I live in the uk) :p

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
I just thought of something...

The last stock rom I had on was the asian one.. do you think that would make any difference? should I flash the europe one? (as I don't live in asia, I live in the uk) :p

As I have stated above, having a radio for a different region could have ugly consequences as there are differences in GSM bandwidth used, for example between USA and Europe. I have no clue regarding Asia's GSM infrastructure but still..

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

This one worked for me:
1. Using CM7, i made a backup with CWM
2. Flash 1.54 europe
3. Get the fix
4. Restore the CM7 with CWM.

Maybe because i flashed a custom rom on the first day that i had the chacha and don't remember if i have had any fix before flashing from the stock.

Awesome, thanks for your help. Now we might need one more to confirm the fix.

I would also like someone without a working GPS to test my second idea stated above:
1. Airplane mode ON (all wireless connections will be set to off, including Network and so on)
2. Go outside and try to get a fix.

The point in this one is that if a phone is using AGPS (assisted GPS) from the start and your radio is causing issues then it might be that switching to airplane mode (therefore full GPS mode) should work. This is a long shot though, I do not guarantee anything. Yet this test requires less painful steps as the one with wiping data and whatnot.

munishjoshi

Jan 10, 2011
jalandhar
My HTC Chacha Stucks on Boot screen yesterday..i was trying to flash stock rom but its aborted all the time..dnt knw the reason then i download ur latest superOSR ROM..when i install it & use it i just say WOW.......Its amazing...I was having doubt becoz i have S-ON but its working fine with me..
Things i dnt like abt this rom is--
*Front camera is not working
*Default launcher so m using adw launcher
*FN+camera Button is not working(Think its possible to remap the key with Camera
*When open Setting>Language & Keyboard, its not opening..always force close....

only one question---how can i flash with stoch asian ROM

THANKS

Last edited:

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
Sorry I didn't help like I said I would- long story, (still injured can't get into recovery mode at moment as only have use of one hand)!
The airplane didn't help gps for me. No symbol on bar.

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

Last edited:

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8
Things i dnt like abt this rom is--
*Front camera is not working
*Default launcher so m using adw launcher
*FN+camera Button is not working(Think its possible to remap the key with Camera
*When open Setting>Language & Keyboard, its not opening..always force close....

The issues with super OSR is already documented in the super OSR thread. Read it. Do not re invented the wheel again my friend

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex C.

ethancottier

May 10, 2011
Birmingham
This one worked for me:
1. Using CM7, i made a backup with CWM
2. Flash 1.54 europe
3. Get the fix
4. Restore the CM7 with CWM.

Maybe because i flashed a custom rom on the first day that i had the chacha and don't remember if i have had any fix before flashing from the stock.

Could you give me the link to the 1.54 europe please? Is it an RUU or just a flashable zip?

ethancottier

May 10, 2011
Birmingham
I got it working! :D

Similarly to the other dude, I flashed ajeevlal's ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 (1.54.401.2)

And then I ran GPS Test, and I got a fix indoors and outdoors within seconds.

Then I restored my nandroid backup for superosr (the latest version), ran GPS Test, and the GPS works perfect on that too! It found a fix within seconds, indoors and outdoors :)

If anyone still hasn't got the gps working, I'd suggest trying the above ^^ :)

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8

Similarly to the other dude, I flashed ajeevlal's ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 (1.54.401.2)

Then I restored my nandroid backup for superosr (the latest version), ran GPS Test, and the GPS works perfect on that too! It found a fix within seconds, indoors and outdoors :)

Thanks for trying my Rom..... and if you notice some of my custom rom's does include radio in it..... and ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 have radio 7.51.35.19. :D

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid

Awesome! It seems we've got a nice and quite easy workaround then! Thanks to all of you :)

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
After having a fix, do you immediately have a position too?
Or do you also get a fix with 1-2 satellites when you don't have a position yet?

ethancottier

May 10, 2011
Birmingham
After having a fix, do you immediately have a position too?
Or do you also get a fix with 1-2 satellites when you don't have a position yet?

I mean it finds the first 2 or 3 satellites in about 2 seconds, but it took 39 seconds (outdoors) to get a position. But earlier on in the day when I tried it, it only took about 5-8 seconds to get a position, and that was indoors by my window :)

g0rnex

Dec 14, 2011
gent
I flashed ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0.

Went on "gps test" and i found 3 satelites within 1min. But none of them were "in use " also gps test din't give any location.

I flashed back to cm7 then and here i have the same problem. I can get loc on maps after a few mins. Just want to let u know this because i noticed that for evryone else this fix worked perfect. For me it does not.

Another problem: I had cm7.1.0 and i flashed 7.2.0.
Problem is with my ext partition.
I had 1GB partition with 600MB left. all my apps were installed on my ext partition. (For this is use "s2e" app and in settings: install on internal memory. (with cm7 and s2e the "internal" memory is actually the "ext partition" of my sd card so cm7 thinks it installs apps on internal memory but actually apps are installed on ext.

Now like i said i had 600MB left on ext with cm7.1.0. After i flashed cm7.2.0 i installed all my apps and data using titanium backup. worked fine but now i have only 200MB left. I deleted data, cash and dalvik cash before flashing cm7.2.0. Somehow my ext partition was not deleted? Or is is some other problem.

Note to developers:

Noticed the "%" in symbol list when typing message. Isn't it possible to add like allot more symbols :p For example " * "...

g0rnex

Dec 14, 2011
gent
I flashed ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0.

Went on "gps test" and i found 3 satelites within 1min. But none of them were "in use " also gps test din't give any location.

I flashed back to cm7 then and here i have the same problem. I can get loc on maps after a few mins. Just want to let u know this because i noticed that for evryone else this fix worked perfect. For me it does not.

Another problem: I had cm7.1.0 and i flashed 7.2.0.
Problem is with my ext partition.
I had 1GB partition with 600MB left. all my apps were installed on my ext partition. (For this is use "s2e" app and in settings: install on internal memory. (with cm7 and s2e the "internal" memory is actually the "ext partition" of my sd card so cm7 thinks it installs apps on internal memory but actually apps are installed on ext.

Now like i said i had 600MB left on ext with cm7.1.0. After i flashed cm7.2.0 i installed all my apps and data using titanium backup. worked fine but now i have only 200MB left. I deleted data, cash and dalvik cash before flashing cm7.2.0. Somehow my ext partition was not deleted? Or is is some other problem.

Note to developers:

Noticed the "%" in symbol list when typing message. Isn't it possible to add like allot more symbols :p For example " * "...

Gps is good now with fast fix, also managed to fix all my other problems. still have no clue why flashing stock rom and back to cm fixes the gps problem.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
Gps is good now with fast fix, also managed to fix all my other problems. still have no clue why flashing stock rom and back to cm fixes the gps problem.

Imagine my surprise.. Anyway, it's good that we found a way to fix it.

@adlx.xda -> It might be something related to sirfgps.conf and the agps settings in the gps.conf in the kernel. /system/etc/
Also, this application seems to work with the agps settings in gps.conf: FasterFix .

Some more info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1343072

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry I didn't help like I said I would- long story, (still injured can't get into recovery mode at moment as only have use of one hand)!
    The airplane didn't help gps for me. No symbol on bar.

sent usin' tapatalk innit.
    I confirm. Works perfectly now.
    ROM: SuperOSR
    [ro.build.version.incremental]: [eng.adlx.20120210.125848]
    [ro.build.date]: [Fri Feb 10 12:59:24 CET 2012]

Radio:
    [ro.baseband]: [7.51.35.19]
    [gsm.version.baseband]: [ 47.23.35.3033H_7.51.35.19]

GPS:
    First fix in 17 seconds. (Using GPS tester)
    Second fix in 3 seconds. (Using Sygic)
    # getprop | grep increm
    [ro.build.version.incremental]: [20120319]
    # getprop | grep baseband
    [ro.baseband]: [7.51.35.19]
    [gsm.version.baseband]: [ 47.23.35.3033H_7.51.35.19]

GPS is working fine, using either gpsstatus and google maps.