How to do JuoPunutbear easily (My own personal experience)

Search This thread

Protricity

Oct 1, 2009
after trying the juopunutbear wire trick, my mt4gs refuses to boot. left it charging, took out the battery and usb, everything. looks bricked. anyone have this happen?

this occurred roughly right after I attempted to make the contact between the specified points.

bricked?

Oh, and it appears as QHSUSB_DLOAD on windows device manager.

Last edited:

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
after trying the juopunutbear wire trick, my mt4gs refuses to boot. left it charging, took out the battery and usb, everything. looks bricked. anyone have this happen?

this occurred roughly right after I attempted to make the contact between the specified points.

bricked?

Oh, and it appears as QHSUSB_DLOAD on windows device manager.

Flash the boot.img and recovery. Img in the control bear folder to do it you must :
1- hold ctrl + shift and right click the control bear folder.
2-select open command prompt
3-type "control bear -r"
4-it will restore your phone

Sent from my RubiX NonSense using Tapatalk 2

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
No. If its in that USB mode, its qcdl mode which is a brick. What did use for the wire trick, did you touch the point on the wire where it contacts the point in between tries without grounding yourself out? Go to #juopunutbear and ask for help but NOT in a frantic manner. You will probably need to RMA it. Yes, they will fix it for free, even if unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Protricity

Oct 1, 2009
Yep, after some research it appears that touching the un-insulated wire caused this. Also it appears to have happened to a lot of people, mostly on the sensation. Looks like many of the instructions don't mention this precaution, and lots of the videos show people touching the wire un-insulated. Probably gonna be lots more bricks imo

Reactions: davidf9

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
actually, the instructions on unlimited.io say do not touch the contact point of the wire. You can touch the grounded part.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

cparekh

Oct 15, 2009
How did you rename the top purple banner?
That's a cool little hack. I'd like to try that myself

If you extract your hboot you can just edit in a text editor to anything you want. I think you might have to keep the same number of characters, so you'd need to use spaces, but I don't know.

Keep in mind that the Juopunutbear folks put a lot of effort into their hack, so they might take offense at removing their branding, though I have no idea if that is true. I believe that Indirect has some relationship with that group, so I think it might be different for him.

YMMV

manimmal

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in Florida
Think I'm going to try this when I get home. I'm tired of having to flash boot lol

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide

Didn't mean to hit thanks lol I'm using my phone. Anyway, do it man! It's not hard, just follow the instructions. It may take 1 or 2 tries for you, or it may take a while and some frustration, but that feeling of gaining S-Off will take that all away!

Sent from my 4GSlide using the xdApp

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Hey to do this what will I have to do, should I just go to a stock rom?
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Does juopunutbear erase anything of the device

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Does juopunutbear erase anything of the device

Yeah its a full wipe

*edit*
I dunno what I was thinking. I don't remember to be honest

some people have top repartition sd card... nothing happened to mine at all

I've done 2 phones with the same sd and it never borked mine either

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikXE

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Caqn I use a regulaqr paper clip with tape around it

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

some people have top repartition sd card... nothing happened to mine at all

u sure cause mik xe is ics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, this thread is going to be based on telling you how I completed Juopunutbear since I have no wires around already, I had to be creative and it worked out really well.

Things you'll need:
    Downloaded Juopunutbear - Can be fetched from http://Unlimited.io
    Ethernet cable
    Doubleshot
    Knife or scissors

Step 1:
    Take ethernet cable and cut the wire open. You will see a couple of wires. Cut both ends to be an appropriate length (I cut about 3 inches of length to use)

Step 2:
    Take stripped ethernet cable and pull out one of the wires.

Step 3: Strip about a half inch off the end of each side of the wire so you get the hard copper to show up.

Step 4: Twist the ends so that they are size appropriate for the contact point and can maintain better contact in general.

Step 5: Run control bear and follow instructions with retwisting the copper if you need to according to seperation. If you know what you're doing, it should be done in a few minutes :p

2012-04-23

Step 6 - Optional : Recover your SD card for use again Can be found in post 2

*Note: I take no credit for Juopunutbear, only where my name is referenced in credits on unlimited.io Nothing else.
    Credits to Team Unlimited and their respective members.
    S-Off is fun. I found a trick to the wire trick. Once you tap the contact, pull the wire up you'll here a plastic sound (can't explain). Then hurry and tap it again. Thats what I did. Then. Just keep doing in till you see the CMD.exe get past the wiretick part.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app
    gonna try this now, if it fails what can i do to get my phone back in working order?
    After a bunch of cussing, numerous attempts of the wire trick, and tons of reformats of the sd card later I am finally s-off.
    Just went S-Off with the wire trick. Took about a 100 taps, but I got it. :D

So I wasn't without a cell phone during the process, I popped my SIM card in a spare phone, so no SIM in during the process. Now I'm wondering if that was bad idea.

This time the card is practically brand new (and is not the only one causing the issue). Is this something that needs to settle in the next couple days, or will I be stuck with this delay forever?

I didn't have this issue upon s-off (maybe because I had my SIM in the phone). Do you have the latest radio firmware? You could also try rolling back to s-on and then re s-off with the Sim inserted.