[SCRIPT/TOOL] Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool v1.4[Linux/OSX/Android/DOS][6/8]

Search This thread

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Hello all you Triple-Booters out there! I would like to introduce to you:

Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool

What is this you ask?

This is a little tool that I've put together that will convert any standard flashable roms for our Nook Color to be DualbootSD compatible. No more waiting on my lazy arse to update you guys!!! :D I used APK manager as a base for my script. I've written 3 different versions that will run on Linux, OSX and Android. All neccesary binaries are included with each version.

Can I use any kind of flashable zips?

Yes and no. You could use any standard flashable "rom" or "gapps" zips only. :)

How do I use it?

You drop a standard rom .zip into a "rom-to-modify" folder. Then execute a shell script that will give you an option to convert it for flashing to Primary or Alternate boot on the DualbootSD.

Can I use any CWM Recovery for flashing?

Absolutely not! Only use the CWM Recovery that was included with the DualbootSD.

Will you be updating this to add new features and stuff?

Not sure what features I can add, but you can always check the CHANGE LOG in post 3.

Can you give us step by step directions on how to use this?

Of course! See second post for more details.

***Disclaimer: Usual disclaimer applies here as well... you use this at your own risk, I am not responsible for anything that happens to any of your devices. You assume all responsibility when using this tool.***

Credits:
Daneshm90 for the APK Manager Script I used as a base
Pinako/Inportb/Jyio/Boss! - for his Android binaries
DizzyDen - for porting this over to DOS and his many ideas to get the script to where it's at :)
HacDan - for some bash guidance :)

If I forgot someone else, please notify me. :)

Last edited:

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool-README

Convert2Dualboot-SD-Linux v1.4

DOWNLOAD

*C2DSD=Convert2Dualboot-SD*

1-Extract the zip file you just downloaded anywhere on your system

2-In the C2DSD folder, there are 2 folders called "modify-for-pri" and "modify-for-alt". Copy your rom.zip and/or gapps.zip file into its respective folder. No need to rename the file as long as it has a .zip extension.

3-Open up terminal and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-Linux

4-At the termninal prompt execute the C2DSD script

Code:
$ sh convert*

5-This will give you a menu where you can choose to modify the "rom" and/or "gapps" for either Primary or Alternate boot. It will also give you an option to clear out recently modded zips. Now with option to mod both ROM & GAPPS on the fly. Just place both files inside either "modify-for-pri" or "modify-for-alt" and choose the option to modify both from the menu.

6-Choose your option and wait while it does its thing.

7-Once it's finished you can exit the program by choosing "0"

8-Now browse to the C2DSD folder and you can find your DualbootSD modded rom file either in "Primary-Mod" or "Alternate-Mod" depending on your earlier selection.

9-Copy that file to the /sdcard partition of your DualbootSD

10-Boot to CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD

11-Flash and enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Convert2Dualboot-SD-OSX v1.4

DOWNLOAD

2-In the C2DSD folder, there are 2 folders called "modify-for-pri" and "modify-for-alt". Copy your rom.zip and/or gapps.zip file into its respective folder. No need to rename the file as long as it has a .zip extension.

3-Open up terminal and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-OSX

Code:
$ ./convert*

5-This will give you a menu where you can choose to modify the "rom" and/or "gapps" for either Primary or Alternate boot. It will also give you an option to clear out recently modded zips. Now with option to mod both ROM & GAPPS on the fly. Just place both files inside either "modify-for-pri" or "modify-for-alt" and choose the option to modify both from the menu.

8-Copy that file to the /sdcard partition of your DualbootSD

9-Boot to CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD

10-Flash and enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Convert2Dualboot-SD-Android v1.4

DOWNLOAD

1-This will allow you to modify the zip files directly on your Nook

2-Extract the zip file you just downloaded to the root of your DualbootSD /sdcard partition.

3-The folder should be named c2dsd

4-In the c2dsd folder, there are 2 folders called "modify-for-pri" and "modify-for-alt". Copy your rom.zip or gapps.zip file into its respective folder. No need to rename the file as long as it has a .zip extension.

5-Open up any Terminal Emulator and cd into the c2dsd folder which should be "/sdcard/c2dsd"

6-At the termninal prompt execute the C2DSD script

Code:
$ su
# sh convert*

7-This will give you a menu where you can choose to modify the "rom" and/or "gapps" for either Primary or Alternate boot. It will also give you an option to clear out recently modded zips. Now with option to mod both ROM & GAPPS on the fly. Just place both files inside either "modify-for-pri" or "modify-for-alt" and choose the option to modify both from the menu.

8-Choose your option and wait while it does its thing.

9-Once it's finished you can exit the program by choosing "0"

10-Now you can choose to boot to CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD

11-Choose "install zip from sdcard" and browse to either "Primary-Mod" or "Alternate-Mod" depending on your earlier selection.

12-Flash and enjoy! :D

Convert2Dualboot-SD-DOS v1.3

DOWNLOAD

3-Open up command window and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-DOS or create a shortcut on your desktop

4-At the command prompt execute the C2DSD script

Code:
convert2dualboot-sd-dos

And that's all she wrote... well he, being me. :p

If I've helped in anyway. Don't hesitate to hit the thanks button. :D

Last edited:

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Change log:

v1.4 (6/8/2012)
-Fixed gapps being zipped with rom when converting rom & gapps together
-Added SDCacheMount to converted roms (see the SDCacheMount thread for more info)
-Fixed mkimage binary executing error for Linux version
-No DOS update yet.... DizzyDen?????
-Thanks goes to xda user "shumash" for the SDCacheMount addition into the script :D

v1.3a
-Mkimage error on Android Script fixed.
-Mkimage is dependent on 'libmusl.so' which I did not include and linked in the tools folder. I overlooked this tidbit because I had "BOTBREW" installed on my system so it never complained about linking to it.

v1.3
-I effed up on the script! :mad:
-RASTAVIPER kept asking me about issues with his gapps. Apparently the mod for Gapps Alt Boot had the wrong mount points inserted into the updater script. NOW I SEE IT! :mad:
-Also in the DOS version. Prep of ROM Alt Boot had the wrong mount points as well. Sorry guys. :(
-It's been fixed and uploaded. Please don't use v1.2 anymore. Thanks.

v1.2
-Changed up UI layout of script: Please re-read README from post 2 above for edited instructions.
-Edited script to speed up mod process (Thanks DizzyDen!)
-Added option to mod both "ROM & GAPPS" on the fly
-Android version now has a tool.img file. This makes modding quicker and safer.
-Added DOS version ported by DizzyDen! (Thank you sir!)
-Modding for EMMC dualboot version in the works???? (That's if you guys want it)

v1.1
-Added gapps option
-Cleaned up some scripting behaviors

v1.0
-Initial release

Last edited:

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Well.. after some thought, it really didn't make sense to release this without an option to mod gapps for the DualbootSD. I mean what good is a rom without gapps?!

Convert2Dualboot-SD v1.1 is up if anyone wants to try. :D

Check post 3 for all changlogs.

Thanks,
Racks

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
Taking advantage of the opportunity to try something new, I made a dual-boot card for my sister-in-law.

This is cool. I actually haven't tested the card yet as I have my device flashed to internal and have modded the recovery some. I haven't backed up any of the changes I made (I know, I know) and don't want to have to do it again.

I may try updating the card now that you've included gapps, though. I hadn't made a bootable card since I first rooted this thing, and to be honest it was by accident even that time. So I was wondering how to get gapps, was thinking about setting an alt-recovery just for that.

But anyway, I hadn't looked at how to do the gapps yet, maybe it was easier than that. But this seems even easier.

Cool, man! I bet the dual/triple booters will love being able to make their own updates. The experience I had last night couldn't have been easier. My wife got me and her sister the Nooks at the same time, I am excited for her to see what I have been talking about the last six months.

Reactions: racks11479

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Racks,

Works great but there's an odd 0 byte file in the DB zip called ^A@. Is that an artifact and can I just delete it?

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Racks,

Works great but there's an odd 0 byte file in the DB zip called ^A@. Is that an artifact and can I just delete it?

:confused: DB zip? Sorry, but what are you referring to with that? :eek:

And could you also let me know which one you used? OSX, Linux, Android?

Edit: That might just be the stupid __MACOSX hidden folder that osx likes to include :mad: Forgot to exclude that and the .gitignore file when zipping. Although they aren't detrimental to running the C2DSD Tool, you can choose to delete them if you wish.

Thanks,
Racks

Last edited:

DizzyDen

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks a lot Racks... great work... we'll get together and sort out the windows based version... can include it in your work here... or as another feature of the IMEI generator.

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Thanks a lot Racks... great work... we'll get together and sort out the windows based version... can include it in your work here... or as another feature of the IMEI generator.

Awesome to hear! Was hoping you would jump in. :p

We'll hook up and get the Windows based version here as well as incorporate it into your IMEI generator. :D

Thanks!
Racks

Reactions: spdsl

spdsl

Awesome to hear! Was hoping you would jump in. :p

We'll hook up and get the Windows based version here as well as incorporate it into your IMEI generator. :D

Thanks!
Racks

+1 from a meathead windows user here.

Sent from my NookColor racks tripple boot using Tapatalk 2

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
:confused: DB zip? Sorry, but what are you referring to with that? :eek:

And could you also let me know which one you used? OSX, Linux, Android?

--SNIP--

Thanks,
Racks

Sorry for being vague. I meant the modded dualboot sd zip build. But I tried it again and it was fine, so let's say no more about it, eh?:eek:

On a related note, since you're so motivated now, how about creating those separate cache1 and cache2 partitions so that we don't have to wait so long to boot between the two? :D

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Anyone who tried the new modding option and that would like to share with us which CM9 rom (nightly) did he convert and is working fine after conversion?

DizzyDen

Feb 7, 2011
+1 from a meathead windows user here.

Sent from my NookColor racks tripple boot using Tapatalk 2

Was hoping to have something before I had to go to work this morning... didn't get it completed...

to keep as close as Racks' I will have a DOS batch file available sometime tonight...

True Windows GUI version will be available early in the week.

Keeping with Racks' desires... both will be open source and stored on his github... I use AutoIT for windows programming these things.

Reactions: barbo

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Racks,

UPDATE: I converted the latest Mirage build, and when I tried to flash it, Recovery complained that it wasn't a valid zip file. Checked it and the same weird file was in the converted flashable zip. When I ran the conversion a second time, all was good and it flashed as expected. I had deleted all the extraneous _MACOSX and .gitignore file stuff prior to running it the first time. BTW, the problem in the quoted post was when I converted an ICS build the first time, too. Racks, do you think that there is something that occurs the first time the script is run that is different on subsequent runs that might account for this?

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Just installed nightly 28.4 without Opengl and then gapps which appeared in the folder Primary Mod after conversion.
After that I cant get inside shop.I click to open it and it gets me back to main menu.
Any ideas?Reflashing of gapps didnt work.

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Just installed nightly 28.4 without Opengl and then gapps which appeared in the folder Primary Mod after conversion.
After that I cant get inside shop.I click to open it and it gets me back to main menu.
Any ideas?Reflashing of gapps didnt work.

Primary mod is for Primary boot. Default primary boot was CM7, so I'm assuming you formatted /system1 & /data1 before flashing?

Could you also unzip the contents of the converted gapps zip. And check the updater script. All /system variables should be /system1.

-Racks

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
I didn't format anything before flashing. I thought this as an upgrade, so after conversion I just proceed to flashing.
Finally, I flashed your own gapps that you have at your dualboot topic and now everything is back to normal.
Unfortunately, even after this upgrade, I still continue to deal with FC issues of mail, Facebook and of other random apps.I think there is some problem with my card and CM9, since CM7 runs perfect from emmc or from same mem card.

Unleashed from my Revolutionized Desire HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all you Triple-Booters out there! I would like to introduce to you:

Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool

What is this you ask?

This is a little tool that I've put together that will convert any standard flashable roms for our Nook Color to be DualbootSD compatible. No more waiting on my lazy arse to update you guys!!! :D I used APK manager as a base for my script. I've written 3 different versions that will run on Linux, OSX and Android. All neccesary binaries are included with each version.

Can I use any kind of flashable zips?

Yes and no. You could use any standard flashable "rom" or "gapps" zips only. :)

How do I use it?

You drop a standard rom .zip into a "rom-to-modify" folder. Then execute a shell script that will give you an option to convert it for flashing to Primary or Alternate boot on the DualbootSD.

Can I use any CWM Recovery for flashing?

Absolutely not! Only use the CWM Recovery that was included with the DualbootSD.

Will you be updating this to add new features and stuff?

Not sure what features I can add, but you can always check the CHANGE LOG in post 3.

Can you give us step by step directions on how to use this?

Of course! See second post for more details.

***Disclaimer: Usual disclaimer applies here as well... you use this at your own risk, I am not responsible for anything that happens to any of your devices. You assume all responsibility when using this tool.***

Credits:
    Daneshm90 for the APK Manager Script I used as a base
    Pinako/Inportb/Jyio/Boss! - for his Android binaries
    DizzyDen - for porting this over to DOS and his many ideas to get the script to where it's at :)
    HacDan - for some bash guidance :)

If I forgot someone else, please notify me. :)
    Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool-README

Convert2Dualboot-SD-Linux v1.4

DOWNLOAD

3-Open up terminal and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-Linux

Code:
    $ sh convert*

8-Now browse to the C2DSD folder and you can find your DualbootSD modded rom file either in "Primary-Mod" or "Alternate-Mod" depending on your earlier selection.

9-Copy that file to the /sdcard partition of your DualbootSD

10-Boot to CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD

11-Flash and enjoy! :D

Convert2Dualboot-SD-OSX v1.4

DOWNLOAD

3-Open up terminal and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-OSX

Code:
    $ ./convert*

Convert2Dualboot-SD-Android v1.4

DOWNLOAD

1-This will allow you to modify the zip files directly on your Nook

2-Extract the zip file you just downloaded to the root of your DualbootSD /sdcard partition.

3-The folder should be named c2dsd

4-In the c2dsd folder, there are 2 folders called "modify-for-pri" and "modify-for-alt". Copy your rom.zip or gapps.zip file into its respective folder. No need to rename the file as long as it has a .zip extension.

5-Open up any Terminal Emulator and cd into the c2dsd folder which should be "/sdcard/c2dsd"

6-At the termninal prompt execute the C2DSD script

Code:
    $ su
    # sh convert*

7-This will give you a menu where you can choose to modify the "rom" and/or "gapps" for either Primary or Alternate boot. It will also give you an option to clear out recently modded zips. Now with option to mod both ROM & GAPPS on the fly. Just place both files inside either "modify-for-pri" or "modify-for-alt" and choose the option to modify both from the menu.

8-Choose your option and wait while it does its thing.

9-Once it's finished you can exit the program by choosing "0"

10-Now you can choose to boot to CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD

11-Choose "install zip from sdcard" and browse to either "Primary-Mod" or "Alternate-Mod" depending on your earlier selection.

12-Flash and enjoy! :D

Convert2Dualboot-SD-DOS v1.3

DOWNLOAD

3-Open up command window and cd into Convert2Dualboot-SD-DOS or create a shortcut on your desktop

4-At the command prompt execute the C2DSD script

Code:
    convert2dualboot-sd-dos

And that's all she wrote... well he, being me. :p

If I've helped in anyway. Don't hesitate to hit the thanks button. :D
    Change log:

v1.4 (6/8/2012)
    -Fixed gapps being zipped with rom when converting rom & gapps together
    -Added SDCacheMount to converted roms (see the SDCacheMount thread for more info)
    -Fixed mkimage binary executing error for Linux version
    -No DOS update yet.... DizzyDen?????
    -Thanks goes to xda user "shumash" for the SDCacheMount addition into the script :D

v1.3a
    -Mkimage error on Android Script fixed.
    -Mkimage is dependent on 'libmusl.so' which I did not include and linked in the tools folder. I overlooked this tidbit because I had "BOTBREW" installed on my system so it never complained about linking to it.

v1.3
    -I effed up on the script! :mad:
    -RASTAVIPER kept asking me about issues with his gapps. Apparently the mod for Gapps Alt Boot had the wrong mount points inserted into the updater script. NOW I SEE IT! :mad:
    -Also in the DOS version. Prep of ROM Alt Boot had the wrong mount points as well. Sorry guys. :(
    -It's been fixed and uploaded. Please don't use v1.2 anymore. Thanks.

v1.2
    -Changed up UI layout of script: Please re-read README from post 2 above for edited instructions.
    -Edited script to speed up mod process (Thanks DizzyDen!)
    -Added option to mod both "ROM & GAPPS" on the fly
    -Android version now has a tool.img file. This makes modding quicker and safer.
    -Added DOS version ported by DizzyDen! (Thank you sir!)
    -Modding for EMMC dualboot version in the works???? (That's if you guys want it)

v1.1
    -Added gapps option
    -Cleaned up some scripting behaviors

v1.0
    -Initial release
    Well.. after some thought, it really didn't make sense to release this without an option to mod gapps for the DualbootSD. I mean what good is a rom without gapps?!

Convert2Dualboot-SD v1.1 is up if anyone wants to try. :D

Check post 3 for all changlogs.

Thanks,
    Racks